Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLITTING HEADACHE  (Read 15904 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE SPLITTING HEADACHE
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2005, 09:46:09 AM »

As for the Tony Nominations...

Looks good to me.

-I'm just trying to think back to the other Lead Actress In A Musical possibilities.  Lots of featured actresses, but the other Lead Actresses were in not so stellar shows, so...  I sense that if the nominating committee could have put someone else on the ballot other than Christina Applegate, then they would have.  -Which, of course, is not necessarily a good thing.

However...

It was soooooooo nice seeing the names of a few friends on the list.  Phone calls have and will be made.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2005, 09:59:18 AM »

Ah, it appears that I'll be seeing and hearing Patty Griffin tonight at the 9:30 Club.  Doors open at 7:30, and there's an opening act or two.  According to the clubs FAQ - which is very funny, in fact - the headliner could go on around 10:00... or not.  So...  Plus, it's a Standing Room type of arrangement.  No seats.  So...  Hmmm...

I'm sure I'll have a good time.  As long as I remember to wear my comfortable shoes.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 10:00:17 AM »

Ah.... Charanga Cakewalk will be the opening act.  Hmmm...  Guess I should Google....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 10:00:40 AM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!!!

THE TEXAS TWO-STEP!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 10:07:51 AM »

From the brand new Huffington Post blog.

Danielle Crittenden

D.C. vs. Hollywood
Years ago, I worked as a typist in Hollywood. Perhaps the most valuable lesson I learned from that experience was that you must always use Courier New 10 pt.font in any written document addressed to what I came to call Important Industry Types (IITs). If a script were not in Courier New, with all the tabs and spacings correctly set on the page, the IIT would not even look at it. It could be “Ben Hur,” it wouldn’t matter. “Don’t bring me this crap,” he’d say before hurling it across the room.

Woud BK, Panni, and the Pogue agree?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 10:08:09 AM by William F. Orr »
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2005, 10:08:46 AM »

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused novocaine during a root canal?

His goal:  Transcend dental  medication
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2005, 10:10:41 AM »

:P
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2005, 10:11:31 AM »

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused novocaine during a root canal?

His goal:  Transcend dental  medication

;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2005, 10:18:59 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam , you look different in your website picture

Institute Faculty

H. Ronald Pulliam

Regent's Professor
Institute of Ecology
University of Georgia
517 Biological Sciences Bldg.
Athens, GA   30602-2602

(706) 542-6010
Fax: (706) 542-3344
e-mail: pulliam2@uga.edu

Graduate Faculty
Faculty Member - Conservation Ecology Program

Education
Ph.D. - Duke University

Research Interests
Theoretical ecology
Modeling
Avian/plant population dynamics
Biodiversity
Conservation biology
Environmental policy

Research Projects
NSF and U.S. Forest Service funded projects on impacts of land use and climate change on plant and animal populations.

Publications
Pulliam, H. R. and N. M. Haddad. 1994. Human population growth and the carrying capacity concept. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America 75:141-157.  

Liu, J., J. B. Dunning, and H. R. Pulliam. 1995. Potential impacts of a forest management plan on Bachman's Sparrows (Aimophila aestivalis): linking a spatially explicit model with GIS. Conservation Biology 9:1-14.

Kadmon, R. and H. R. Pulliam. 1995. Effects of isolation, logging, and dispersal on woody-species richness of islands. Vegetatio 4: 1-7.

Pulliam, H. R. 1996. Sources and sinks: empirical evidence and population consequences. pp. 45-69, In Population Dynamics in Ecological Space and Time. O. E. Rhodes, Jr. R. K. Chesser, and M.H. Smith, Editors. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill.  

Pulliam, H. R. and B. Babbitt. 1997. Science and the protection of endangered species. Science 273:499-500.

Pulliam, H. R. 1997. Demographic processes: population dynamics on heterogeneous landscapes. Chapter 7, In Principles of Conservation Biology. 2nd edition. G. K. Meffe and C. R. Carroll, Editors. Sinauer Associates, Inc.

Pulliam, H. R. 1998. The political education of a biologist. Bulletin of the Wildlife Society. Part I. 26(2):199-202. Part II. 26(3): 499-503.  

Pulliam, H. R. 2000. On the relationship between niche and distribution. Ecology Letters 3: 349 361.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 10:19:46 AM by vixmom »

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2005, 10:22:26 AM »

I forgot about the Peter Gether's books! I was certainly laughing out loud to those first two!!! The third book, of course, was not funny....but very quiet and sad.

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2005, 10:25:08 AM »

You are one busy fella aren't you?

GALLASTAR EQUINE CENTER
The Center is owned and operated by Ron and Lorelei Pulliam of Afton, Virginia.  
 Ron is a mental health counselor with 30 years of experience in the field. He is currently the program manager of the Child and Adolescent Day Program in Rockbridge County, where he offers individual, family, and experiential therapies to children with emotional and behavioral problems.
 Lorelei is a special educator at Walton Middle School in Abermarle County with nine years of experience as a teacher. She has raised and trained horses for 25 years and has extensive training and experience in therapeutic horseback riding.
 The Pulliams were called upon to present their model at the North American Riding for the Handicapped National Convention in 1992 and 1993. Their work with sexually abused girls to mental health professionals at the Virginia Beach Conference for Children and Adolescents with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders in September, 1998.

The Center is based on a working horse ranch in the beautiful rolling hills near Afton, Virginia, surrounded by hundreds of acres of wooded riding trails. The barn, arena, paddocks, and resort-style home were all designed and built by Ron Pulliam himself.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2005, 10:31:08 AM »

Allison Hayes picture of the week - from ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN!   ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2005, 10:36:28 AM »

DR vixmom:  There are several Ron Pulliams in the world.

I live/work in Oakland CA.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2005, 10:37:55 AM »

William F. Orr, I would not agree.  I use 12-point courier (I think it's courier, it might be New Roman) and have used elite, I believe (I'm always a little hazy on the font...it's whatever can get me the most on a page and still be read).  I also used to bleed the margins like crazy...something that's a little harder to do with these screenplay programs which I've now started using...but I think they also have features to squeeze more on a line.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2005, 10:38:49 AM »

She looks like she's doing a Brando impersonation--"I coulda been a contenda!"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2005, 10:45:26 AM »

I live/work in Oakland CA.

Heckuva commute to your ranch.... ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2005, 10:53:26 AM »

LOL!

Just semi-watching "The Bold & The Beautiful"....  They did one of those montages where the couple in love is exploring some city...  Well, I looked up for a second and thought the locale looked familiar...  And it was!  The Grove.  Of course, with all the editing and cross-cutting, they made it seem like they were in some major shopping district - good use of the trolley... In any case...

It made me laugh.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2005, 10:54:16 AM »

What I think she's saying is: "With this hand, I played the accompaniment to "Heart and Soul."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2005, 11:06:43 AM »

Actually DR RLP - Miss Hayes was an accomplished pianist who played a Beethoven sonata as her talent in the Miss America Contest of 1949.  Among her other favorite composers were Chopin and Edward MacDowell.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »

I always use Courier New 12 pt.  I've never heard of using anything smaller than 12 pt. but maybe Final Draft automatically does 10 pt.  

Well, I can now say that one of the two recording projects which have been in the ether is definitely happening.  I'll record it while I'm in NY doing Kerry's duet, on the following day.  All I can say for now is that it is a musical done off-Broadway not so long ago.  That means I shall have two things to release for Kritzerland's debut - hoping that a third one comes along in the next few weeks.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2005, 11:23:58 AM »

Well, DR Pogue and DW BK, that is certainly a relief.  I am a Times New Roman 12 pt. man, and I was afraid I might get arrested or something.
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2005, 11:25:29 AM »

Well, I can now say that one of the two recording projects which have been in the ether is definitely happening.  I'll record it while I'm in NY doing Kerry's duet, on the following day.  All I can say for now is that it is a musical done off-Broadway not so long ago.  That means I shall have two things to release for Kritzerland's debut - hoping that a third one comes along in the next few weeks.

But when, oh when will that be?  Have you set the schedule for your New York junket yet?
--Wayland Flowers

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2005, 11:31:21 AM »

Well, time for me to get ready for the evening's festiviites.   I'm picking up Andy at 3:45 at work, and then we're gonna hang out someplace downtown until show time.  So...  I'll be back after the concert.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2005, 11:39:33 AM »

Well just about time for  me to head out of here, Tuesday is my "early day" when I leave at 3... girl scout meeting tonight

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2005, 11:55:26 AM »

I watch The Young and the Restless now and then....once or twice a year, just to see some familiar faces.  But today I watched a few minutes of several of the popular soap operas on NBC and ABC.  

I do not know which is the worst:  The Writing or The Acting...awful.  Just awful.  All BIG moments and all the WRONG choices.....terrible.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2005, 12:02:40 PM »

I always use Courier New 12 pt.  I've never heard of using anything smaller than 12 pt. but maybe Final Draft automatically does 10 pt.

Back in the days of actual typewriters and before computers and word processing programs (and the word "font," from what I remember), the number of the size was inversely proportional to the actual size.  In other words (a Guys and Dolls reference), size 10 (also known as "pica") was actually larger than size 12 (also known as "elite").  The number referred to the number of characters per inch, so 12 characters per inch is a smaller size than 10 characters per inch.

And that's what I remember from 3 years of typing in high school...20 years ago! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »

That's what I find for an actual ad for an actual typewriter at this site.  Who knew they still made them?

Pitch Selection: 10(pica),
12 (elite), 15 (micro)
--Wayland Flowers

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2005, 12:22:01 PM »

I too have a splitting headache. It's called my IAAAAWWOTD paper. Out of twelve pages, I'm guessing I have about two and a half. I haven't typed it out yet, so I don't know. I just hope I have twelve pages by tomorrow or I am TOAST.

After being forced to read all sorts of smut for school, the funny stuff I like to read for myself is mostly geared toward the ten-to-twelve age group. It's clean and I don't have to write twelve-page papers on it. Books by Gordon Korman are hillarious. Radio Fifth Grade had Cherry Coke coming out of my nose.

OK, break's over. Back to work!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2005, 12:41:03 PM »

I watched MEDIUM while cooking my dinner. The dreams were interesting, and the villain she was facing unique (all to the good), but I thought her resolution with the demon was just too pat, too easy. I didn't feel satisfied at the end.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2005, 12:45:46 PM »

DR MBarnum - POP IDOL and its offshoots (of which AMERICAN IDOL is one) is a multi-billion dollar industry. There are localized versions of the show in dozens of countries now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up