Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW NOT TO MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS  (Read 4879 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HOW NOT TO MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2021, 04:33:42 PM »

I am sorry DR Singdaw

Jane

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2021, 04:39:02 PM »

Many moons ago, I was asked to contribute to a book on musicals that were game changers. The one I wanted to do wasn't available (can't remember which it was), so I chose Cabaret. At that time, Peter Filichia was involved. They were very specific in what they wanted and, most importantly, the word count. So, I wrote it, was one word under the word count, and sent it in. Heard nothing for a few months. I finally wrote Peter and he said he'd stepped away from the project. That didn't sound too good to me. And a couple of weeks later they sent me my entry with a bunch of editing notes, suddenly wanting a ton more information. I said that I'd been given a word count and stuck to it. They then told me they loved my writing and the entry, but this book is essentially for novices and said I could go over the word count. I said I'd look at it and do what I was comfortable doing. So, I finally went through it over the past few days - I did a few things that were easy, added a few lines here and there, and told them I didn't want to make it longer than that because I thought it would be super boring. I just sent it in and if they end up adding stuff, which I'm fine with, they'll run it by me. They'll pay me now, however. But it was easy to see why Peter walked away.

Very interesting.

Yes it is.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »

I made scrambled eggs for many years before I heard that some people add milk. I did that for a while, but can't say I really noticed any difference. IMO, scramble eggs don't need milk to be tasty.

I grew up using milk and stopped.  While not as fluffy I like the stronger egg flavor.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2021, 04:49:37 PM »

Well, this is really cool!  I was perusing the Tube of You and found myself at The Kennedy Center's channel, and saw their "Millennium Stage" series (I came across one title then searched "Millennium Stage") and one of the concerts was by BK's close and personal friend, Jason Graae, with music director/pianist John Boswell! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2021, 04:52:26 PM »

We said goodbye today and are at an airport hotel for the night.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2021, 05:15:35 PM »

Today, we readied the school for tomorrow - which is an exciting day - all the students on campus at the same time.  Thanks to the new county regulations of 3 feet apart in the classroom.  98% of the school will be back - and close to 99% by May 1.  It was like reverse Groundhogs Day today as we put things back in the classrooms and we even had a faculty meeting that wasn't on Zoom.  It was a great day.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »

Yes! And there should be a companion video on the most disappointing expanding trees.

I have always hated the local ballet company's expanding tree. Tacky. Ugly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2021, 05:36:56 PM »

Many moons ago, I was asked to contribute to a book on musicals that were game changers. The one I wanted to do wasn't available (can't remember which it was), so I chose Cabaret. At that time, Peter Filichia was involved. They were very specific in what they wanted and, most importantly, the word count. So, I wrote it, was one word under the word count, and sent it in. Heard nothing for a few months. I finally wrote Peter and he said he'd stepped away from the project. That didn't sound too good to me. And a couple of weeks later they sent me my entry with a bunch of editing notes, suddenly wanting a ton more information. I said that I'd been given a word count and stuck to it. They then told me they loved my writing and the entry, but this book is essentially for novices and said I could go over the word count. I said I'd look at it and do what I was comfortable doing. So, I finally went through it over the past few days - I did a few things that were easy, added a few lines here and there, and told them I didn't want to make it longer than that because I thought it would be super boring. I just sent it in and if they end up adding stuff, which I'm fine with, they'll run it by me. They'll pay me now, however. But it was easy to see why Peter walked away.

Very interesting.

Yes it is.

Disappointing.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »

The bathroom ceiling has been quiet and leak-free for the past month. But today, the streak ended.  A new soaking.  This despite the management replacing the shower/tub in the apartment directly above us.  Sigh.

:(

Dry indoor sky vibes for Singdaw.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2021, 05:39:33 PM »

I made a very nice shrimp salad for dinner. Light and just what I wanted.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »

I'm going to give The Musical of Musicals a try.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2021, 06:13:51 PM »

:'(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2021, 06:17:07 PM »

I bought my first plane tickets. I’m headed to Des Moines to see friends in September. Used a paltry few miles for a round trip ticket.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2021, 06:21:01 PM »

The Nutcracker montage reminded me of when Rebecca and I went to see Cincinnati Ballet’s production in the 1970s.  We had cheap seats in the balcony that were so far to the side that we could see the face of the conductor, DR Elmore’s friend Carmon Deleone.  In the pre-show announcements, the PA guy said, “...today’s performance of The Nutcrasher...” and Carmon lost it - doubled over in hysterics.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:09 PM »

I’m not finding the first part of The Musical of Musicals terribly entertaining. I did like seeing Tom Jones, Charles Strouse, Maury Yeston, Cryer and Ford, and a few others, but the intro went on way too long. In short, I agree with BK. And I think Hartley and he have ruined these other productions because the sound quality here sucks.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:41 PM »

The Nutcracker montage reminded me of when Rebecca and I went to see Cincinnati Ballet’s production in the 1970s.  We had cheap seats in the balcony that were so far to the side that we could see the face of the conductor, DR Elmore’s friend Carmon Deleone.  In the pre-show announcements, the PA guy said, “...today’s performance of The Nutcrasher...” and Carmon lost it - doubled over in hysterics.

Love it.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2021, 06:32:16 PM »

Today I watched the first episode of Ken Burns’ Hemingway, which was great background because one of my book groups is reading The Sun Also Rises this month.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »

Rachel Maddow just announced that former Vice President Walter Mondale just died at age 93.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2021, 06:36:54 PM »

Yes.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »

~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES~~~ for DR Jane and DH Keith.  I am glad you had a good visit.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2021, 06:39:09 PM »

Just subscribed to the Kennedy Center's YouTube channel.  Thanks, DR George!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »

I've never used milk when I make eggs. Sometimes a tiny dash of water makes them a bit fluffier.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2021, 06:47:10 PM »

Former DR ryacko posted this on FB. I thought it was funny.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2021, 06:51:32 PM »

Looking forward to reading this in Aug 2021:

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2021, 07:00:44 PM »

And who knows?  Perhaps DR elmore3003 will be mentioned in connection with the show's Pulitzer Prize.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2021, 07:02:13 PM »

Good night, friends.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2021, 07:10:03 PM »

Today, we readied the school for tomorrow - which is an exciting day - all the students on campus at the same time.  Thanks to the new county regulations of 3 feet apart in the classroom.  98% of the school will be back - and close to 99% by May 1.  It was like reverse Groundhogs Day today as we put things back in the classrooms and we even had a faculty meeting that wasn't on Zoom.  It was a great day.

Wow.  Have a good day

Jane

« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »

:'(

I know though I am looking forward to my own bed and warmer weather.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2021, 07:12:53 PM »

We left while she was napping which turned out to be easier for me.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2021, 07:13:20 PM »

I had some nice cuddling time before her nap.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up