Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: READY TO GO  (Read 17278 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:READY TO GO
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2005, 01:24:20 PM »

But that is my best friend Ron Raines himself holding onto me!  He's singing two of my charts in Philadelphia this weekend with Brent Barrett, Rebecca Luker, Debbie Gravitte, Peter Nero and the Philadelphoa Pops.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2005, 01:25:31 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
DANCE!! PAGE 5!! DANCE!!

[/move]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 01:25:51 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »

DR vixmom - Are you having a better day today?  Has no one been deserving of a slow painful death?

Better, just the usual cretins instead of the roomful of pompous blowhard ingnoramuses (ignorami?) I was  dealing with yesterday

However there are several people at the HMO I was dealing with earlier  that could certianly improve the world by leaving it....(IMHO of course! ;D)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Michael

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2005, 01:27:20 PM »

Is that elmore minus a hat and sporting a beard?

He is second from the right. Next to Ron Raines.

I believe that is Harvey Schmidt.
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2005, 01:27:29 PM »

But that is my best friend Ron Raines himself holding onto me!  He's singing two of my charts in Philadelphia this weekend with Brent Barrett, Rebecca Luker, Debbie Gravitte, Peter Nero and the Philadelphoa Pops.  

People sing medical charts these days?  Will wonders never cease!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

Is it just me, or has the price of VCRs creeped back up a bit in the past couple years as DVD has thoroughly taken over and dropped in price?  DR Ann's VCR is on its very last legs, so I'm doing a bit of price checking for her.  I could be mistaken, but it just seems as though the prices were lower a couple years back (the last time I needed a new one).

It's not just you, DR Jed.  As DR MattH mentioned, it is almost cheaper to buy a DVD/VCR combo than a stand alone VCR.  -And I'm still amazed you can get a workable DVD player for around $20 during certain sales.

I forget which gig it was, but the company wanted to buy some new VCRs for the cast housing.  The cheapest one they could find was around $75.00, while they found a bunch of DVD players for around $40.00.  They eventually went for a TV/VCR combo they found at Costco for $110.  *They would have sprung for the DVD players, but since most of the archive and reference tapes of the shows are still on VHS...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2005, 01:36:50 PM »

It's not a beard; it's the light reflecting off my fat, full moon face!

Well you look very handsome in that picture dewar elmore.  It looked like a beard to me as well.  Have you ever considered growing one?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2005, 01:39:02 PM »

The last VCR I bought, I got at Circuit City for $59. I made my mind up the next one would be a VCR/DVD combo.

I've seen cheap (two head, mono sound) ones at Target for like $40.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2005, 01:46:36 PM »

I've seen cheap (two head, mono sound) ones at Target for like $40.

A retired English teacher!  Honestly, DR Matt!  Try to set an example for us all!   ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2005, 01:50:23 PM »

Being retired means I don't have to worry about such formalities any more. It's a GREAT luxury.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2005, 01:51:22 PM »

OK, off to practice Act II lines, and then I get to mop the kitchen floor. Ah, me. . . .

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2005, 01:54:58 PM »

Unfortunately, everything is still packed in boxes, including the turntable, but I have MFL on vinyl in Hebrew, Italian, German, and Spanish--the Mexican version with Plácido Domingo in the chorus.  When I was in Germany in '71, I picked up a paperback of the entire German translation (same as on the disk), and it is really a marvelous rendering.
I also have the Domingo My Fair Lady on vinyl!

Some years ago, I put together via reel-to-reel tape splicing a version of "The Rain in Spain" where Liza changes languages with every line.  Where the heck that would be now I have no idea.  It would be so much easier nowadays with digital stuff.
I did something like this with "The Moments of Happiness" from Cats, except I didn't actually splice tape.  I had a record player with a dual-cassette recorder and I played each record to a point and paused the tape.  Then, I switched records and played the song again and started the tape.  Back and forth until I did the whole song.  There was only one or two points where you could hear a click or the edit wasn't clean.  I was (and am) quite proud of that ;D...although no one I knew cared at all. :-\ I still have that tape somewhere.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2005, 02:08:05 PM »

Several of us have that FLABBY glow, DRELMORE.  Some even moreso!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2005, 02:08:17 PM »

OK...

I need to get ready to head in.  I'm going back to Keys 2 tonight, and a few extra minutes of warming up and review would probably be a good thing.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2005, 02:08:18 PM »

I received a call from the NIH and now have my dates.  I will be there on October 3rd and 4th which means I should arrive in NY the evening of the 4th.

How about girls day out on October 5th, winding the day down with an HHW dinner in the evening?

Jose will you be in town then?

Ooooo, I just might be able to make this work, if I can get Oct. 4 & 5 as vacation days.  Fly to NY on the 3rd or 4th, to Atlanta on the 6th, attend my conference on 7th & 8th, and fly home on the 9th!  I'll turn in the vacation paperwork first thing tomorrow - let's hope for the best!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2005, 02:12:20 PM »

OK, I booked Joe Allen for 8:15 pm tomorrow night for 8 people.  They  told me they need the table at 10:00.  I told them we'd be out at 10.

DRRodzinski, do you want to taxi down with me around 7:45?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2005, 02:14:13 PM »

Several of us have that FLABBY glow, DRELMORE.  Some even moreso!

DRJRand54, it isn't a FLABBY glow we have, it's that inner light that jolly people possess!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »

Ahhhhhh....okay....right.  Thanks, DRELMORE...yes that's what it is.  And sometimes it can make your clothes so they don't fit.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:24:07 PM by JRand54 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2005, 02:25:23 PM »

MR BK are you taking all NEW clothes to NYC?  Will you stand in Times Square and sing like in ANNIE?

I love that song......"....it's N.....Y.....Ceeeeeeeeeeee!"

Jed

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2005, 02:58:30 PM »

It's not a beard; it's the light reflecting off my fat, full moon face!

Now you know why I sport facial hair myself.  :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2005, 02:59:16 PM »

Reggie Miller played his last game with the Indiana Pacers last night - he claims to be retiring from basketball  - but from the news coverage you would think a new Pope had been elected.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2005, 03:23:33 PM »

It's been windy and stormy here in R.B. all day, and a little scary, too.

Der B and I left the house for just a little while, to do some banking and grocery shopping.  When we got back home, we discovered that the front door had blown open, and that all six dogs had run off!

Fortunately, Mikey and Bonnie had seen us drive home, and came running back, with Marty loping after them.  I grabbed a few leashes while der B got the threesome into the car.  

Peggy showed up at the cul-de-sac at the end of the road.  I went into the yard of the house being built there, to see if the other two were back there, but there was no sign of them...so of course, Buster had come running up to the car the moment I was out of sight.  But there was no sign of Fletcher, and calling for him wasn't going to do a bit of good.

So der B drove back to the house while I followed him on foot.  The best idea seemed to be to get the five we'd caught back into the house, and then hunt for Fletcher, so I got a leash on Peggy and was taking her into the house...

And there was Fletcher, from nowhere as far as we could tell, following Peggy and me inside!

The best we can figure, none of the dogs really want to run away.  They love getting out of the house for a run and explore, but they all want to stick close.  Still, we're going to be a lot more careful, double-checking whether the front door is shut properly.  I mean, we don't think Fletcher has figured out how to open it on his own...yet.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2005, 03:48:26 PM »

OMG DR SWW that is crazy!  But don't you lock your front door?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2005, 04:01:19 PM »

My doorbell just rang, and a delivery man from Artie's wonderful deli arrived with enough food to keep me in a state of nirvana for months.  I kept saying to the poor guy, "who did this?"  He, of course, was no help, but when I unpacked the vittles, I found a note "from Mike & Jane Feel Better."  Nurse Jane and DRMichael Shayne, I love you both thiiiiiiiiiiiiiss much!  No,
THIIIIIIIS Much!!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »

elmore-LOL

Vixmom, "in the flesh" would be very nice.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2005, 04:12:47 PM »

Food nirvana is the SECOND best of all!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2005, 04:24:59 PM »

OMG DR SWW that is crazy!  But don't you lock your front door?
We thought we had.

Of course, Fletcher has previously figured out how to open kitchen drawers, remove the closing panel from the doggy door because he wanted to get out, and even open our room doors when we've closed them.  Close the bathroom door for some privacy?  Fuhgeddabout it.  If he wanted to open that front door, locked or not, he might be able to do it.

Danged smart-alecky dog.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2005, 04:56:28 PM »

DR Jose, you might want to check out the contestants for Food Network's The Next Star.  Specifically, there's a couple involved.

Has Food Network figured out their real demographics???    :o :o :o

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »

Ginny-hoping for the best.  It is a good thing the NIH called early this year!

Jed the beard looks very nice on you.  I also thought it looked nice on elmore.  ;D

elmore have you ever had a beard?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 05:11:05 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2005, 05:22:42 PM »

Ginny-hoping for the best.  It is a good thing the NIH called early this year!

Jed the beard looks very nice on you.  I also thought it looked nice on elmore.  ;D

elmore have you ever had a beard?

I'm lucky to have enough hair on my face to wear a moustache!  My beard is very sparse.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up