Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER THE BALL  (Read 18791 times)

MBarnum

Re:AFTER THE BALL
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2005, 08:07:30 PM »

I must now run to the post office and send a package of B movie madness on it's way to the east coast!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2005, 08:14:30 PM »

Well, I have just checked with others and it seems neither contestant did particuarly well in the finals of IDOL tonight. I won't get around to watching and listening to it until tomorrow.

But on the basis of busy signals, Bo's lines seem busier.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »

Welcome back, Dear Reader Tom!!

That's all I have to say. Good night everybody!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: May 24, 2005, 08:43:56 PM »

I HATE football.

I forgot to mention how chilly it was here in the York of New.  Notes up in about fifteen minutes.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #184 on: May 24, 2005, 08:47:22 PM »

I thought it was pretty funny. I'd rather just watch the movies as they are without those robots blocking the view, but they did say some funny things.

"Tom Stewart killed me!"--that one still cracks me up!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #185 on: May 24, 2005, 08:56:54 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  WELCOME BACK, DR TOMOVOZ  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2005, 08:57:54 PM »

Well, I have just checked with others and it seems neither contestant did particuarly well in the finals of IDOL tonight. I won't get around to watching and listening to it until tomorrow.

But on the basis of busy signals, Bo's lines seem busier.

The problem with tonight's "competition" was two original songs that did neither singer any favors, featuring notes below their ranges and notes above their comfort zones.

Add to that Simon who wanted to designate each song as a "round" and assign "round 1 goes to...."  Neither Randy nor Paula agreed much with Simon on anything related to the performances.

For me, despite two poor songs (the "usual" for AI finals...crappy songs they force the finalists to sing), the evening was Bo's.  Carrie had a lot of high notes and did a lot of tonsil yodelling to hit them.  Unfortnately for me, her high notes become nasal and flat.  It bothers the hell out of me, but not the thousands of fans in the Kodak Theater and, apparently, not the judges.

Simon's final word to Carrie was that she had done enough to win....not, as the chat rooms would have you believe, that she "should" win or "deserved" to win...simply that she had done "enough" to win on her own, public willing.

Bo was nervous...and Carrie was, too.  It was, IMO, the Kodak Theater...WAY LARGER and filled to capacity.  It blew them away.

The "chorus" was there again...adding nothing special to the proceedings...also, as usual.

I like Bo to win.  But won't be surprised if it's Carrie.  It doesn't matter.  I won't buy any Carrie CDs, but I'll follow Bo's career with interest.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2005, 08:59:44 PM »

Glad to see you back, DRTom!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up