Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER THE BALL  (Read 18766 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
AFTER THE BALL
« on: May 23, 2005, 09:21:12 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've had a ball reading the notes, and now that it is after the ball, it is time for you to post until the cows come home.  They're still at the ball, however - cows never know when the ball is over.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 08:59:59 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:AFTER THE BALL
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »

And the word of the day is: STRUMPET!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 09:25:20 PM »

Well, as I always say:

If you're gonna bump it,
Bump it with a STRUMPET!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 09:30:34 PM »

I think I will wussburger out and trod through the Land of Nod before I talk about my love for Baseball and the perpetual heartbreak known as being a Philadelphia Phillies fan.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

Good Evening!

GO SOX!!!

-I'm a Red Sox fan by birth, albeit, a fairweather one, but one nonetheless.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 09:44:17 PM »

I enjoy watching diving and gymnastics...games like football and basketball get me all confused as there are too many things to be watching and I don't know all the rules.

I also enjoy watching bowling.

MBarnum

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 09:44:57 PM »

It is now bed time for Michael.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 09:58:23 PM »

As for other sports...

Usually just around the time of the Olympics, otherwise, there's no sports I watch or attend regularly.

Diving - Platform and Springboard - I just have to wonder exactly how those men and women practice those dives?!?!?  Just how many belly-flops and close calls do they go through before getting it right?

Ice Skating - The Singles are good, but I always prefer the couples.  Just seem to be more going on in their routines lately.  The women just seem to do a lot of "coasting" lately.  Yes, I know there are a lot of Michelle Kwan fans on here, but sometimes grace and beauty just isn't enough.  I wanna see jumps and spins!

Gymnastics - Again, I just wonder how many bumps and bruises those athletes go through before they "stick the landing".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 10:04:18 PM »

Well, I, too, am a bit tired right now.  I think I slept too much last night/this morning, so... And I'm also trying to keep my sinus stuff in check by getting enough sleep and rest.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 10:05:26 PM »

OH!

DR vixmom - It's best to let the penuche/penoche/panache cool on the counter at room temperature.  Cool it too quickly in the fridge and it could become grainy.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 10:07:47 PM »

Well, as I always say:

If you're gonna bump it,
Bump it with a STRUMPET!

Just don't say this to your bumpee, lest you get a smack!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 10:08:17 PM »

I like the slow, watchable pace of baseball.  I usually get out to Dodger Stadium a couple of times during the season to root against them.  I'm a Reds fans and they have already disappointed me long before the All-Star Break.  So I won't open the Sports page again until Spring Training.

The Kentucky Derby is about the only other sporting event I pay attention to.  Though, when in England, I'm fascinated by televised darts and snooker.  Cricket I also find interesting but I don't understand it at all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 11:31:13 PM by Charles Pogue »

Jed

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 10:09:14 PM »

OH!

DR vixmom - It's best to let the penuche/penoche/panache cool on the counter at room temperature.  Cool it too quickly in the fridge and it could become grainy.

Ya know, I knew this, but got impatient.  A bit grainy, sure, but still sugary goodness. :D  (And just means I'll have to try again sometime to let it cool properly...)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 10:12:48 PM »

OH!

DR vixmom - This was the Alton Brown recipe I was thinking of... At least it had Peanut Butter in it.

Peanut Butter Fudge
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2003

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 64 (1-inch) pieces
User Rating:

1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar
Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

Episode#: EA1G05 - Fudge Factor
Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »

I sometimes make a penuche frosting (brown sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, powdered sugar).  Simply faboo on a spice cake.  Just can't seem to recall the amounts at the moment, and the recipe is in a box in my mother's basement at the moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 10:52:58 PM »

Wasn't there an account in the Bible about Joshua, a Strumpet, and the walls of Jericho?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 10:54:31 PM »

What a wonderfully wonderful day MR BK had in IN WHY CEE yesterday.

Have a good recording session - tell everyone to sing out Louise....and the results will be sparkling.

As to the AFTRA contretemps - there are several theatrical union noseless faces around.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 10:55:10 PM »

I love Hockey - it is fine to see in person, but I enjoy it best on television!  And of course this year there was NO NHL!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 11:33:11 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][shadow=red,down]~~~ Best Recording Vibes for BK!! ~~~[/shadow][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 11:38:45 PM »

As for Sports...I'm not really a sports fan, except that my niece loves the Seattle Storm women's basketball team.  I've taken her to several games over the last couple of years (and I'm taking her again this Friday), and ya know?  It's pretty fun.  I never thought that I'd enjoy it, but being there (a Peter Sellers reference :D) makes a big difference.  You can really get into it and be swept up in the emotion of the local team beating the visitors. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 01:39:27 AM »

You can really get into it and be swept up in the emotion of the local team beating the visitors. ;D

A rare event for Seattle sports fans.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 04:13:27 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.  I'll be leaving in a half-hour to be on my way to the session with our very own Vinnie.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 04:27:48 AM »

Now there are two chickens. Me and BK.

Sports are low on my list of things to do or watch. Guess it's the small kid being verbally abused in gym class thing. Some "sports" I absolutely loathe and don't understand the attraction at all, such as boxing. Why would I want to watch two people beat each other up until they are bloody, swollen messes??? Boxing is barbaric, in my humble opinion, and, also, in my humble opinion, indefensible as a "sport". Rant over.

I also find bullfighting indefensible as a "sport".

Anyway, it's too early for all this negativity.

If I had to watch some sporting event I guess it would be gymnastics.

I must get back to work. Later!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 04:37:47 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the recording session.  I'll have a full report on my return.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 04:44:01 AM »

My two favorite sports, both to attend live and watch on TV are college football (especially my Michigan Wolverines) and figure skating.

I attended every Michigan home game in the five years I spent in Ann Arbor and even went to the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 1972 (which we lost to Stanford).  It's especially challenging to be a true-Blue Michigan fan whilst living in Ohio (Buckeye country) the past 32 years.  I take a lot of abuse from my coworkers.

My most special figure skating moment was when the 1987(?) World Championships were held in Cincinnati.  The Russian team was housed at Miami University in Oxford and after finishing my teaching day I went to the ice arena and watched an ice dance practice session.

Don't get to many events of either sport in person these days, but try to watch as much as I can on TV.  When our DS Rob was little he had a friend over to play on a fall Saturday afternoon.  They came through the family room where I was watching a Michigan game and the friend said, "You're the only girl I know who likes football!"

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »

BK - have a great recording session today!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 05:01:46 AM »

I enjoy watching figure skating, ballroom dancing, and gymnaastics.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 05:27:25 AM »

Hello, DR Hisaka!  It was so nice to see you back here yesterday.  I enjoyed the picture of your beautiful Evelyn rose.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 05:32:06 AM »

I love Hockey - it is fine to see in person, but I enjoy it best on television!  And of course this year there was NO NHL!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I'm just the opposite.  I hate trying to watch Hockey on TV because I can never follow the puck.  It's great to watch the playoff games on Fox because they use that glow effect around the puck.  Finding someone with a widescreen TV also helps.

I have the same problem with watching Basketball on TV, too.  
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 05:36:22 AM »

I seem to be in the majority of Hainsies as far as sports go.  Gymnastics, diving, ice skating-- things that combine grace, style and incredible physical skill.

I do like baseball too.  I can actually understand the game and figure out what's going on.  And unlike basketball and football, baseball  also has a lot of cute players (which, of course, never hurts).

Good luck with the recording!
I like boat races.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up