Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPERNATURAL OVERTONES  (Read 6642 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SUPERNATURAL OVERTONES
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2022, 07:43:55 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »

SUP - PO - SING
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2022, 07:45:53 AM »

We have a tradition in our department that the person who gets the first call of the day gets to shout "BINGO!"

The effect is more diffused when you're working from home.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2022, 07:47:34 AM »

DR John G., do you ever line dance? Or do you stick to the more formal styles?

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2022, 07:49:09 AM »

I ate out last night for the first time in eons. Chicken parmesan with spaghetti. It was probably enough for 3 meals, but I ate the entire thing. And wasn't sorry about it.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2022, 07:49:36 AM »

The waitress said she was impressed.

John G.

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2022, 08:24:46 AM »

DR John G., do you ever line dance? Or do you stick to the more formal styles?

I do. I can do the Boot-Scootin’ Boogie, Cupid Shuffle, the Wobble and one or two others.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2022, 08:25:08 AM »

I ate out last night for the first time in eons. Chicken parmesan with spaghetti. It was probably enough for 3 meals, but I ate the entire thing. And wasn't sorry about it.

Yum.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2022, 08:27:01 AM »

Lloyd Kaufman, director of The Toxic Avenger and other cinematic marvels, has a new movie out. It’s his version of The Tempest and it’s titled Shakespeare Sh*tstorm. Can hardly wait.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2022, 08:27:29 AM »

And I mean that, sort of.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2022, 08:35:53 AM »

DR Elmore, I will do a search for Brad Johnson on Ancestry.com. You never know what will turn up in public records as far as more location information or whatnot. And in the unfortunate possibility that he has died, that should turn up -- as long as we can positively identify we have the right person. The challenge will be his common names (could his given name be Bradford, by any chance?) and the scant bit of "lived at" location we have for only a couple of years. So no promises. But I'll give it a try.

DR ChasSmith, his name could be Brad, Bradford, or Bradley. He worked, summer 1998, at Goodspeed, East Haddam, and in Manhattan, 1999, where he lived on West 28th Street. He would now be in the age range of 45-53, I'd guess.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 08:38:12 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2022, 08:37:35 AM »

And thank you!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2022, 08:48:16 AM »

I'll get on that short-Lee.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2022, 08:53:50 AM »

Holy moley, that post instantly took me back to - literally - my school years in Cleveland, and the kind of meal I had a number of times at a place that's long gone (called the Aurora Restaurant) but which is legendary in the University Circle / Cleveland Heights area. Spaghetti was standard with most dishes, as was their "brown sauce" that people who remember the place still talk about today. Damn. I want it now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2022, 09:16:43 AM »

The lazy UPS driver who refuses to carry our packages up five steps to leave them at the mailboxes left me a huge carton weighing over 40 lbs at the bottom of the steps just inside the building's front door. I miss those days where the drivers had to deliver the package to your door.

I have no idea how the fat hell to deal with getting this to the elevator. I did call UPS to complain.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2022, 09:19:11 AM »

Well, no luck so far. In that age range, let's assume he's alive and well somewhere, but the name(s) just aren't unique enough to pull up anything meaningful. I've given it every clue I know. If I think of something else to try, I'll do it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2022, 09:20:45 AM »

Ancestry's search function can be really maddening, though. This doesn't mean he's not to be found there. I'll keep thinking about it.

John G.

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2022, 10:16:44 AM »

Waiting for the booster. Then I’ll be waiting after the booster.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2022, 11:12:41 AM »

FURNACE FIXED!    :)

The guy turned it on, and five seconds later, listening to the noise it was making, he diagnosed the problem as a broken plastic something or other they put in these motors instead of a metal something or other that would last forever. He went to his truck, got a new one, put it in, and was out of here in what has to have been the shortest service call in the history of mankind. I'm talking five minutes, tops. And it'll probably be no charge since what looked like a five-cent part is most likely covered in the service contract.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2022, 11:44:29 AM »

I had BK active brain syndrome last night, and it took forever to get to sleep. There's a show handled by Music Theatre International that needs a clean up and restoration I'd like to do since I need soem work ad income. I broached the subject to the composer's heirs last weekend, and now I wait.

Good luck, Larry!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2022, 11:46:39 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2022, 11:47:48 AM »

The only update I received pn Herman is that he’s been released from the hospital. My sister was going to sleep in today and I can’t blame her for that. I’m going to operate on the “no news is good news” approach.

Definitely!

~~~Continued Recovery Vibes!!~~~

George

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2022, 11:48:25 AM »

We have received a full price offer + on the house.  We will be confabbing with our agent this morning because of a contingency in the offer.....I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Good luck, Jrand!

George

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2022, 11:50:36 AM »

Maybe that woman in your dream is from this kid's family tree:

:))

George

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2022, 11:51:15 AM »

I had the weirdest dream last night. A woman was supervising our team. The task was to create a presentation about musical theater, with children as the target audience. But she wanted us only to show slides of album covers, and not say anything. I was arguing, "What's the point?"  And then I woke up.

Well done, DR singdaw. That dream exactly illustrates my point about those people on FB who do nothing but post album covers, seemingly randomly, multiple times a day, without so much as a comment or anything to start an actual conversation. They rarely even participate on the rare occasions that any meaningful conversation does develop.

I usually just "like" the ones I like.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2022, 11:55:21 AM »

It turns out Roger is our realtor.....the deal is off......oh well.....on we go.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2022, 11:55:55 AM »

I saw a couple of links to Evening Primrose on YouTube. But colorized. Intriguing, but kind of bizarre.

Interesting.  I might need to check that out.  I do have the remastered DVD...and Kritzerland's CD release, of course. :)

George

« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2022, 11:57:49 AM »

FURNACE FIXED!    :)

The guy turned it on, and five seconds later, listening to the noise it was making, he diagnosed the problem as a broken plastic something or other they put in these motors instead of a metal something or other that would last forever. He went to his truck, got a new one, put it in, and was out of here in what has to have been the shortest service call in the history of mankind. I'm talking five minutes, tops. And it'll probably be no charge since what looked like a five-cent part is most likely covered in the service contract.

Nice!

George

« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2022, 11:58:34 AM »

It turns out Roger is our realtor.....the deal is off......oh well.....on we go.

Darn. :-\

George

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2022, 11:58:45 AM »

And now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up