Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HAPPY PUNDIT  (Read 30723 times)

Richard Valley

• What is it, fish?
Jeepers! I'm Back!
« Reply #270 on: November 11, 2003, 08:07:51 PM »

Well, I'm back after not being able to post for awhile and here's the latest.

I'm scheduled--if all goes as originally and so beautifully planned--to appear on THE JOE FRANKLIN SHOW this Sunday in the wee small hours of the morning. We'll be playing some cuts from JEEPERS CREEPERS: GREAT SONGS FROM HORROR FILMS.

If you're new to haineshisway and don't know what I'm talking about, you'll find all you need to know at http://www.mycottage.com/SCARLET/CDjeepers.htm . If you're already a proud owner of JEEPERS CREEPERS, remember--the holidays are fast approaching. Give the gift of Jeepers!

Our latest issue--Scarlet Street #49--is now available and you'll find in it an exclusive interview with Mr. Bruce Kimmel, plus photos of Brent (World's Handsomest Man) Barrett, Judy Kaye, Alison Fraser, Guy Haines, Katherine Helmond, Susan Gordon, Zacherley, and The Scarlettes. If you were a Scarlette and have never had your photo in an international publication, you'll want to grab this issue. If you weren't a Scarlette, you'll still want to grab it. It's available at http://www.mycottage.com/SCARLET/backissue/issue49.htm

Richard Valley
www.scarletstreet.com

Emily

Re:THE HAPPY PUNDIT
« Reply #271 on: November 11, 2003, 08:09:34 PM »

Ben... how much will you pay Andrea and me to walk over to Dollard-des-Ormeaux and break some of Jennifer's fingers?  That'll give you a serious advantage in the post war! :)

(JEN - I am KIDDING :) )
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2003, 08:11:59 PM »

Joy of Joys.. I am home from a long night at work. I have tomorrow off..so I will be catching up on personal business.. but it stinks that I had to work so late before my day off because one wants to enjoy a late night out AND get to sleep in too. So now ALL I have is the day off...

Oh well.. it's better than nuttin'

Emily

« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2003, 08:16:45 PM »

I'm off to bed!

Good night everyone!

Yawn... Stretch... Yawn... No papers due tomorrow = good dreams :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2003, 08:25:39 PM »

This must have been gay night on network television. WHOOPI had a gay couple as part of the plot for the episode. I'M WITH HER had Steven Weber playing a gay movie star/action hero who was hiding in the closet by taking a female movie star (star of the series) to a premiere and later being outed on national television. (Weber's gay man in the show was miles and miles of swish away from his Jeffrey of a few years ago). Then on LAW & ORDER: SVU, the entire plot revolved around a gay man who was poster boy for a sexual reorientation group leaving the reorientation therapy, publicly coming out, and being murdered.

Somehow '24' missed having any gay-oriented plot points.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #275 on: November 11, 2003, 08:35:05 PM »

DR Jane a couple of your posts show you trying to quote with nothing in the quotes. I think you have the hang of it (from some other posts). You can go back and "modify" to fix any post you do. Also, you can always preview, which helps a lot (when you are trying out new things).  I still think writing the text first and then highlighting and pressing "quote" is the most foolproof method.

Thanks Jennifer for the extra detail.  I was just playing around with it and removed the contents in the quote box not noticing  it still showed a quote.  :-[  :)

Off to bed.  Night all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #276 on: November 11, 2003, 09:21:18 PM »

Another 10 posts or so and BK will be really celebrating so much his illness will rush out of the door never to be seen.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #277 on: November 11, 2003, 09:27:08 PM »

So close to a new board posting record...but the lulls get more and more drawn out, don't they.

Am watching "Frasier" right now...trying to do other things, too.

Work tomorrow.  Bleah!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:30:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2003, 09:31:41 PM »

Richard Valley:  Welcome Back!  It's great to see old posters in our new digs!  Don't be a stranger!

Tomovoz

« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2003, 09:34:22 PM »

Frasier never seems to have found an audience in OZ and it really is such good writing. The show has shifted to so many time slots and the episodes are so mixed up I don't bother any more. I really think it is/was one of the great ensemble casts of TV history.
It  is certainly an example where a "spin off" Sit Com has actually worked.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2003, 09:35:59 PM »

Has anyone seen a TV commercial for a wine that features a glorious violin solo?

I want it on tape so badly, but I never have the VCR loaded with something I can record on when the ad starts....plus I want the whole ad.  It's not very long, but the music is gorgeous.

I'd love to find out who wrote the piece.

Tomovoz

« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2003, 09:36:59 PM »

At least some of us are trying Ron. Where are all those people out there in the dark? A frightening thought - new spin off series with each of the "Friends" cast. Maybe Joey's or Phoebe's characters would work. Any thoughts.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2003, 09:37:26 PM »

It's been a bit off in recent years, but this year seems to be a renaissance year.   They've gotten some of their original writers back and the show just sparkles again!

It's the final season for the show.

Tomovoz

« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2003, 09:38:18 PM »

Sorry Ron. No help from this side of that big peaceful pond. Can you hum the tune for us?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2003, 09:39:29 PM »

Friends or Frasier? Or both?
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2003, 09:39:46 PM »

Oh, there's absolutely going to be a spinoff with Joey.

It's called "Joey."

And I blame that show for cutting short the logical, but recently terminated, romance between Joey and Rachel.  It promised to be hot, but they rather unconvincingly made it a non-relationship when neither of them could "do it" with the other.  Right!

I'm guessing they'll throw Ross and Rachel together at the end to complete the family they've already started.

Tomovoz

« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2003, 09:41:22 PM »

This would not be a good time to close the board for the night.  Is there anyone out there? This is a late afternoon post for me. Think Australian time and stay awake and POST.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2003, 09:41:54 PM »

Both "Friends" and "Frasier" are in their final season.  These seasons were announced as final last year...would they or wouldn't they?....oh, all right, one more season.

So we don't feel too badly for the actors losing their jobs (since all of the "Friends" cast are making $1 million per episode).  I'm thinking the "Frasier" cast is probably making pretty much the same amount, too.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2003, 09:43:20 PM »

I think it's too early to close the thread.  Bruce doesn't usually do that until midnight, or thereabouts.

We've surpassed all previous posting champs!  The only one we can't touch, apparently, is the Tony night which went over 300 posts.  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:43:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2003, 09:44:42 PM »

I think we have made it Ron. This should be close to the record. I suppose in a few years time we will hear about one or more cast members who are down on their luck and need charity to survive.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2003, 09:49:22 PM »

Let's hope not, Tom!  We already know one of them has a history with drug abuse.  I hope he keeps his nose clean from now on.

AUGHGHGHGH!

I tried to access the OLDER ARCHIVES and keep getting dead-ended.  If I try the "search" feature, I get an error page.  If I click on "older archives," I get a blank page that does nothing.

Anyone else encounter this problem????

Tomovoz

« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2003, 09:56:10 PM »

Tried a few days ago but got nowhere either. Guess it is not a priority for the moment for Mark as he has been busy with other problems. I was trying to check on the identity of the original posters and I can't remember when Mark "showed me the way here".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2003, 10:13:14 PM »

And there's no older poster than Richard.

I go lie down on the couch and come back and what do I find?  We have smashed all previous records on this here new board, that's what I find.  Hoo and ray, say I!  That is just too too and jiggy jiggy.  And there's still at least an hour and a half or so before I'll put up tomorrow's notes.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2003, 10:25:38 PM »

Huh? I'm confused as to what you two are having problems with.  Are we talking about Bruce's notes and archives for them or are we talking about archives of these relatively new discussion posts on the new forum?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2003, 10:39:20 PM »

I think we might make it to 300 posts!!  C'mon everyone, we can do it

Tomovoz

« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2003, 10:41:35 PM »

The old notes Mark - from two years ago. When we were all but children.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2003, 10:43:06 PM »

Could someone drive to Tacoma and wake up TCB. It is Washington's time of the day. Hope you feel better today Ann. At least the test is over.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2003, 10:45:28 PM »

I think I remember either Bruce or Mark saying (writing) that searching the old notes wouldn't be possible.  Does anyone else remember this?  Can Mark or Bruce confirm this?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2003, 10:47:02 PM »

My understanding was that some form of the archive would always be available.  Now that Mark knows the problem, perhaps he can figure it out.

I'm thinkin' we are definitely crossing three hundred before new notes go up.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: November 11, 2003, 10:48:19 PM »

puuuush!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up