Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOCA BURGER  (Read 30662 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:BOCA BURGER
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2005, 08:20:34 PM »

DRRodzinski just left after a round of watching selections from the HULLABALOO DVDs.  We had a pleasant dinner at Arties, a bit of 60s television, and I'm going to veg out before bed.

Did you guys play "Spot the Bennett and/or McKechnie"?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2005, 08:25:37 PM »

Finished PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET. Enjoyed it very much. Odd seeing Richard Kiley in such an unsympathetic part.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:23 PM »

Wasn't "looking for my Donna" (aka as spot the McKechnie) from "Hair"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »

I was boiling mad a little bit ago. The local CBS affiliate had an engineer fall asleep at the switch and not switch the audio over to Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Thus, for the first twenty minutes, the HDTV broadcast featured lovely sound effects and music but no dialog whatsoever. I watched the analog broadcast until the engineer finally roused himself from his slumbers and hit the button.

I wrote the station a complaint as soon as I logged on.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 08:28:41 PM by Matt H. »

Laura II

« Reply #214 on: June 20, 2005, 08:27:36 PM »

Hmm, what to say, what to say? Well, hi everybody! It's been a while. I see that today's heading is "Boca Burger." I've never had one, but I am on a health kick. I've been going to the gym frequently since March, and I love organic foods. Hooray!

I have returned since Jane messaged me on my birthday two days ago. I promised to show her a picture from the evening, and I decided to share it with everyone. I'm in the green. My friends and I are at my favorite Japanese restaurant. It was yummy. Enjoy!

Btw, I'm not online much anymore, but I love emails, and I might be able to stop in every so often. Take care, everybody! I'd love to hear how you guys are doing!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »

Page Eight Hullabaloo:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2005, 08:32:51 PM »

Tomorrow I head down to my brother's house to help him install his new home theater system in his living room which we have been buying for the last two weeks. His new TV is to be delivered in the early afternoon, and hopefully we will have everything else wired up and ready to go when it arrives. Then, I'll spend some time calibrating his TV, and they should be able to enjoy their new system tomorrow evening.

In any event, I will be E&T for a good portion of the day tomorrow. I will attempt to log on in the morning, but I have no idea when I will get home.

Tomovoz

« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2005, 08:33:02 PM »

Lovely to see you here Laura II. I hope it was not difficult being green.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2005, 08:46:14 PM »

Welcome back to the lovely Laura II!

Who can name the movie in which this building appeared?

-- Anaïs Nin

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2005, 08:51:35 PM »

It's the Amityville house, all remodeled!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2005, 08:53:02 PM »

Gee MBarnum, this Amy person sounds great. Big NAKED SPACE fan, loves Rodzinski... She lost me at "married," though.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2005, 08:56:23 PM »

Tomovoz, received great CD from you today, with Bob Kuban and the In-Men doing "The Cheater." Man, that's good stuff. Thanks! Also some other rarities I did not have. "Toast and Marmalade for Tea" by Tin Tin... A great song that was not a hit here called "Holy Man". Gee, Cher could have had a hit with that back in the day. Crabby Appleton... You've been filling the gaps in my Top 40 ownership. If you are looking for anything, let me know.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2005, 08:58:30 PM »

I was watching Thelma Ritter at work last night in FATHER WAS A FULLBACK. Just brilliant. Little Natalie Wood is quite good in this film too.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2005, 09:01:52 PM »

It was weird having BK post through JMK's account. Almost like JMK was possessed.

P.S. This is actually Danise posting through Rodzinski.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2005, 09:02:41 PM »

We three are not a crowd. We're not even company.
My echo, my shadow and me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2005, 09:05:25 PM »

Holy Man was not hit in Melbourne either! It was #5 in Sydney. Kolby's backing vocalists were Merry Clayton and the Blackberries.
Steve Kipner from Tin Tin wrote "Physical" for ONJ.
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2005, 09:14:08 PM »

In Australia, there would be hits in Melbourne that weren't hits at all in Sydney?
That's interesting. I mean, we had plenty of local hits depending on where you lived here, back when such a thing as "local" was possible. But there are more large cities here. It's hard to imagine a tune going to #5 but not even charting in the other city.
"Physical" was inexplicably #1 here for 10 weeks. Tapped into the nascent fitness craze.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2005, 09:15:43 PM »

Gotta sleep. Look forward to more pix and descriptions of the pacific northwest HHW frolics.

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2005, 09:21:53 PM »

Australian charts did not really "come together" until the 1970s. Much Australian information comes from Sydney based media who think their city IS Australia! Adelaide 60's charts differ quite markedly from those in Melbourne and Sydney pre 1970.  Hobart was similar to Melbourne and Brisbane more likely to be similar to Sydney.

DJs had far more independence in those days.
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2005, 09:32:41 PM »

My Nyquil nightcap is starting to take effect here.  Off to bed with me.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #230 on: June 20, 2005, 10:30:39 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, lo and behold, the local contractor called me back tonight with my schedule!  Will wonders never cease?!?!?

;)

In any case...  It appears that right now, I'm only on for the two rehearsal at Noon this coming Wednesday, then next Monday's performance.  *They added that Monday and a Wednesday matinee, since they will be closing here on the 2nd.  Then the cast and crew will actually get a "Golden Day" or two - no travel, no show - on the 3rd and/or 4th - depending when they choose to head to Detroit where they start on the 5th.

Where was I?  Oh...

So, as of now, I'm pretty much a "free man" for the next two weeks.  Which is good.  I hope.

I've been incredibly non-productive and lazy the past five weeks. All those "hopes and dreams" of getting things organized, going through boxes o' stuff, etc., have remained "hopes and dreams".  It's time to put my nose to the grindstone, and get my buttcheeks in gear.  *I've also been "indulging" quite a bit - if you couldn't tell from my culinary posts - so my buttcheeks do need to get back into gear.  And soon!

However, my plans for NYC seem to be falling into place, and I have an actual list of stuff that needs to get done over the next few weeks.  So, I haven't been a total slug.  But still...

And I have to admit, I'm getting a bit "excited and scared" in regards to my big move.  Which is a good thing.  Just means it really going to happen at this point.  No turning back.  Yes, I could have "prepared" a bit more, but what's to prepare?  I love that City, and the City has been very good to me lately.

Onward and upward.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2005, 10:33:05 PM »

In other news...

Alas, no lucky numbers for "us" here on HHW.  "We" did not win the lottery tonight.

However...  Tomorrow is Tuesday, which means there'll be a Mega-Millions drawing.  So, if a couple of DRs pick one number each between 1 and 52, and someone else picks another number between 1 and 52 for the Mega Ball...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2005, 10:34:36 PM »

And in other news...

There was a "funny" crime report on the news tonight.  Apparently, the DC Chief of Police's personal, unmarked car was stolen over the weekend.  And it still has yet to turn up.

;)

...Eh?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2005, 10:36:22 PM »

Well..  I hope the booksigning and reading went well, and that all those DRs who attended tonight had a splendid time.  -And that BK sold a lot of books!

I shall have to read about all the mirth and merriment in the morning.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2005, 10:36:49 PM »

Ooohh...

And it's a Strawberry Moon tonight too!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2005, 11:12:59 PM »

I'm back - very LOOOONG day and evening.    The reading was really fun, and I'll write about it all in the notes, including our lovely dinner afterwards.  I must write like the wind, because we're getting an early start tomorrow, so that we'll have a full day of rehearsal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »

New notes going up momentarily.  I know MBarnum and company will be on when they get home, and I do believe they have photographs to share.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up