Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BOCA BURGER  (Read 30650 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BOCA BURGER
« on: June 19, 2005, 10:11:10 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've imagined in your mind's eye BK eating a Boca Burger, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home, and they WILL be coming home since we were all eating veggie burgers.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 11:52:49 PM by bk »

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:BOCA BURGER
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:15:25 PM »

Yeah, Ann is coming down with something!

AND

First Post!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 10:16:28 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 10:16:01 PM »

And the word of the day is: PHILISTINE!

New notes are up.

And now - Dino at the piano.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:19:51 PM »

And the word of the day is: PHILISTINE!

And the Question is:  What was Phyllis Newman's name before she got into show business?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 10:21:57 PM »

I was hoping someone would say it, TCB.

How many here have eaten a Boca Burger?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 10:25:22 PM »

RE: the Joe Mantello incident from yesterday's post.  this may be the incident I was thinking about.  I don't remember the outcome of his particular battle (i.e. can a director's blocking and ideas be copyrightable), but I'm pretty sure that directors cannot claim any share of the published script or do anything like that which would dilute authorship or writer's royalties.  Wish I had all my Dramatist Guild magazines around so I could find out the outcome of this case.  Can't choreographers copyright choreography for ballets and such.  But also isn't there any actual choreographic notation where that stuff can be recorded like notes on a sheet of music?  My memory is that directors' ideas were not copyrightable but I could be very wrong about that.

Jed

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 10:25:30 PM »

I've sampled a few vegetarian alternative foods, and must admit to finding a few of them halfway decent, but don't think I've ever tried the Boca Burger.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 10:26:48 PM »

You're all looking at my this, aren't you?

Calorie-wise, I was very good today - only ate the Boca Burger, which, with bun and everything, was a total of 200 calories.  I had a small piece of cake and one piece of fudge, so I think I'm well under 1000 calories for the day - if I could do THAT everyday I'd be thinner in no time.  But, that's very difficult for me to do these days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 10:27:14 PM »

I'll stay down here another five minutes, then I must go up to the room and relax.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 10:28:27 PM »

Okie doke, I'm just too too tired, so I'm on my way to the room.  I shall return on the 'morrow.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 10:30:55 PM »

TOD:  If money were no object, I would live in London without a doubt...at least four or five months of the year, if not all year around.  It is the most exciting city in the world.  I would want to live right in the heart of the West End.  I love a city that has a pulse and center and that you can walk in.

Sometime The Lovely Wife and I might consider returning to Kentucky...probably Lexington, for a slower, more gracious style of living.  Traffic and other annoyances in Los Angeles seem to get greater every year.  And I hate the driving time one has to log to get anywhere...Going out becomes such a project.

BK, I believe I've eaten a Boca Burger (doesn't Trader Joe's sell them?).  The Lovely Wife has picked them up occasionally in her various semi-vegetarian binges.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 10:31:13 PM »

I'm here!  The 2005 PNW HHW Gathering (with guests) was delightful!  Conversation was sparkling and lively and, as BK said, dirt was dished...and secrets were told!  HOWEVER, said secrets will never be revealed here until it's time to tell (and not by me).  Cryptic, ain't it?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

Anyway, time for pictures!  Here is the HHW Group (with guest Adair):
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 10:34:12 PM »

And here is our host, Jeff, out on his second story deck:

George

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »

Here's a close-up of Mike (MBarnum):

Tomovoz

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 10:35:47 PM »

Living in New Zealand would be fine - South Island. Perhaps Christchurch or Dunedin. Almost no language problems either.
I quite like the gentle pace of rural France and Spain too.
If I could cope with both the language and the cold, Upsala in Sweden would be good place to live.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 10:37:22 PM »

BK - To check to see if your internal modem is set up:

Click on the Apple in the upper left hand of your screen

Click on System Preferences

Under "Internet & Network" Click on Network

Click on Modem (right hand side of the bar menu)

Check the boxes for "Enable Error Correction..." and "Wait for dial tone.."  if they are not checked.

Then make sure Dialing is set to "Tone" - unless the Arlington Club still uses "pulse" dialing.  Set your sound Off or On.  And, finally, make sure your country setting is USA.

Click Apply Now.

That should do it.  Usually the internal modem is always on.

*However, if you're connecting via AOL, AOL's modem set-up should have done that automatically.

**Also remember, that if you're using the "Bring Your Own Access" plan, then once you dial into AOL, you will automaticaly be charged the standard monthly fee.

***Did you check with the hotel to see if their phone lines are configured to handle internet calls, and/or if you have to set up the dialer to add a "9," or "8," before dialing out?

****Would you able to hook your laptop into the hotel's system via an ethernet cable in their business center?

-I think that's enough asterisk's for now.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 10:37:55 PM »

Great photographs. Thank you George. It's almost like family holiday snap shots.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 10:41:49 PM »

Great photographs. Thank you George. It's almost like family holiday snap shots.

You're welcome!  And thank you!  But here are a couple more.  Here's Bruce Blanchard, who was in the 1994 Hello, Dolly! that BK recorded (for some reason, these "performing" pictures are blurry...I know not why ::)):

George

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 10:43:10 PM »

And here are Adair and Bruce (not BK) singing together (for this one picture, I used the flash):

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 10:43:25 PM »

Good Morning!

As for where I'd want to live...

After visiting Australia two years ago - WOW! has it really been two years already?!!? - I'd love to down there.  Great people.  Great cities.  Great variety.  Truly "no worries".

Otherwise, I really want to live in New York City.  But I'd really like to live it up in New York City too.  A great big loft space in SoHo, and/or one of the brownstones in the Village or Turtle Bay - I could be one of Mr. Sondheim's neighbors.

Other places of appeal - Southern France, Po Valley; Switzerland; and/or Vienna, Austria - all the musical history there!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 10:44:30 PM »

You're welcome!  And thank you!  But here are a couple more.  Here's Bruce Blanchard, who was in the 1994 Hello, Dolly! that BK recorded (for some reason, these "performing" pictures are blurry...I know not why ::)):

Well, it looks like he was in motion, so... blurs are acceptable.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 10:45:10 PM »

And I'm digging the artwork on the walls too!

DR JMK - Who's the artist?
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2005, 10:47:58 PM »

It is the "no worries" aspect that is the most appealing for me too Jose.  Spain's "manana" attitude is similar. It is still not difficult to escape the stress of urban living in OZ.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2005, 10:48:25 PM »

And guess what??  Although he didn't stay long (and didn't perform), Guy Haines actually made an appearance!!

George

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2005, 10:49:27 PM »

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2005, 10:56:09 PM »

RE: Boca Burgers - I've had them before too.  I like them.  They definitely ain't meat, but they'll do in a pinch.  They are relatively low in calories and fat, but I find that one is not enough to satisfy my hunger usually.  So, I usually make two.  With cheese.

;)

But I usually eat them straight off the plate, no bread, no bun.  Eating them on bread just emphasizes their vegan-ness to me.  But I'm strange that way.

I also like them nuked in the microwave rather than pan-fried or on the grill.  To each his own.

Bocas do come in other varieties other than "Original" - Flame Grilled, Roasted Garlic, etc.   My favorite is the Garden Vegetable which has, what else, vegetables in it as well as some cheese and spices.  Quite tasty.

Oh, and I also like Boca's "Chik'n" line of products.  I usually end up buying a box of the Chik'n Hot & Spicy Buffalo Wings if they're on sale.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2005, 10:58:19 PM »

And guess what??  Although he didn't stay long (and didn't perform), Guy Haines actually made an appearance!!

OMG!!!

I would have loved to have been there when BK and Guy Haines realized that they've both been shopping at Armani Wells, and that they were sold the same shirt!

I bet the look on their faces was priceless!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 11:08:21 PM »

Yesterday (actually, earlier tonight), MBarnum wrote:
For the first half of the evening I was pretty much a wall flower...in a room full of show business type folks it is a little hard to divert any attention away from them! LOL! But the conversations were quite fascinating....

As I said, it was a bit overwhelming to see BK in real life..just knowing him from his film roles and from this here sight...and I have to say he is one of the funniest people I have ever met!

When he was talking about a fairly well known actor who is gay and who lives in close vicinity to BK's own home, and how said actor flirted with BK...well, I about busted a gut! Even on my drive home, as I would think of BK's expressions and gestures during this story, I was laughing out loud!

I, too, was very much a wall flower. But it was something I'll remember for quite a long time. ;D And the stories were very funny.

George

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 11:08:38 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up