Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LET'S GET TOGETHER  (Read 6206 times)

KevinH

Re: LET'S GET TOGETHER
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2022, 06:23:03 AM »

Page 2!

KevinH

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2022, 06:23:09 AM »

Wordle:   5/6

KevinH

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2022, 06:23:28 AM »

Nice photo of you and Richard Sherman, BK!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2022, 06:31:23 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2022, 06:32:07 AM »

Am through airport security; now just waiting a few hours for boarding.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2022, 06:33:45 AM »

~~~MAXIMUM-STRENGTH PROPERTY SALES VIBES~~~ for DR elmore3003 and brothers!!!!!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2022, 06:36:29 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2022, 06:36:54 AM »

Nine hours of sleep. And it was good.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2022, 06:37:14 AM »

Weird work dreams.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2022, 06:53:15 AM »

Good morning.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2022, 06:58:01 AM »

TOD 1:

I’m sure I’ll remember more later:

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
Lizzie Borden (and most anything with Elizabeth Montgomery)
Brian’s Song
An American Christmas Carol
Duel
The Gathering
The Night Stalker
Get Christie Love
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2022, 06:58:14 AM »

Hi, Laura!
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2022, 06:58:53 AM »

And what is the new license plate number?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2022, 07:06:34 AM »

Someone bought the winning lottery ticket in Illinois.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2022, 07:08:19 AM »

Wordle in 2, Phoodle in 5
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2022, 07:17:18 AM »

I am lying down, listening to music, and using my MacBook. Annabelle and Thatch are with me. Stella got miffed when I moved her to make the bed, so she's lying on the floor near the bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2022, 07:32:06 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2022, 07:32:44 AM »

Dead tired this morning, but at least I got a little extra sleep.

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2022, 07:41:59 AM »

Last night we saw The Sound of Music at the local summer outdoor theeder, their first production since 2019 due to Covid and then a wind and rain storm that so heavily damaged their rickety 30-year-old stage that it had to be demolished and rebuilt. The new stage is huge, and solidly constructed of weatherproof material. There's much more to be done in the way of other improvements that were already needed, and they're determined to have those in place for next summer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2022, 07:54:29 AM »

Last night we saw The Sound of Music at the local summer outdoor theeder, their first production since 2019 due to Covid and then a wind and rain storm that so heavily damaged their rickety 30-year-old stage that it had to be demolished and rebuilt. The new stage is huge, and solidly constructed of weatherproof material. There's much more to be done in the way of other improvements that were already needed, and they're determined to have those in place for next summer.

Around 1985 I worked with John McGlinn on a Gershwin-Rodgers & Hart concert at that place, I do recall.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »

We had to endure a bit of light rain here and there, but everyone on the lawn enjoyed their picnics and beverages and hung in there and it was a delightful evening. The most amazing part of it, though, was the woman who's an expert in ASL who communicated the show for a sizable group of hearing impaired people, something we don't have, or have enough of, in our local theeders.

Audience and cast alike found her presence thrilling, and were amazed at how it heightened or enhanced the show for everyone. One of the younger people in her target audience was literally seeing her first ever live performance -- of anything -- and she and her family were wiping tears of joy throughout. It was an incredible and moving event for all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2022, 08:14:53 AM »

Around 1985 I worked with John McGlinn on a Gershwin-Rodgers & Hart concert at that place, I do recall.

This venue is called Musicals at Richter, in Danbury, on the grounds adjacent to a very beautiful golf course. Is that the place you're remembering? I believe they were just getting their start around 1985.

John G.

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2022, 08:22:34 AM »

Just cleaned out two overstuffed kitchen drawers. Got rid of a lot of stuff. I am a pack rat, expertly trained by both parents.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2022, 08:40:32 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - six hours of sleep - not really, though - five.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2022, 08:46:25 AM »

This venue is called Musicals at Richter, in Danbury, on the grounds adjacent to a very beautiful golf course. Is that the place you're remembering? I believe they were just getting their start around 1985.

No, I don't remember. Is there something like a Danbury Music Center? I wish I still had the program.

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2022, 09:25:22 AM »

No, I don't remember. Is there something like a Danbury Music Center? I wish I still had the program.

Yes, that would be the building and the organization behind the fair-to-middlin' volunteer orchestra:
https://bit.ly/3P0w8QN

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2022, 09:48:29 AM »

Mr. Postman was very kind, both yesterday and today, in bringing me some lovely CDs.

John G.

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2022, 10:12:32 AM »

Waiting in line for gas at Costco.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »

Got rid of decorative but impractical wine racks plus one box of books.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2022, 10:13:55 AM »

First time donating to the library. Process is very simple.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up