Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS  (Read 27358 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

What place that I haven't been would I most like to visit?

Btw, here are the choices for Karmy's name:

Cammy
Kim-lette
giblet
biklet
karma kameleon
kim
karmutt
treble clef
bru-bru
kimshe

I think the first 3 got the most votes so far.

You didn't comment on my suggestion to spell Cammy with a K.  Was it that bad? ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2003, 02:11:44 PM »

Does anyone here miss THEATER WEEK (and its successor IN THEATER), or does the fact that Playbill.com and Broadway.com exist make a theater magazine unnecessary?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2003, 02:13:26 PM »

Don't think I want to use the face with the big grin again.  It's kind of creepy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2003, 02:18:32 PM »

I thought my only choices were High Society or Blood Brothers.  If I get to vote for most boring, it's no contest:  Velvetta with Patti LaPone.  Neither my friend or I could stay awake long enough to keep the other one awake.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2003, 02:21:17 PM »

Being a semi rural dweller I have just driven to the local post office to collect my mail. Oh the disappointment after yesterday when I received "what a gift" (a funny girl reference) from a generous soul in the NW and a package of yet more music from another generous soul in France. Today only bank satements. I guess I should be pleased that at least they were in the black. Now is it really possible to not open my present for another four weeks. I am not sure what is the most unseemly choice to make. To open or not to open. Advice needed.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2003, 02:21:27 PM »

LOL - DR TCB. You gave me my biggest laugh of the day so far!

I was not a big fan of BLOOD BROTHERS either, but I didn't see it on Broadway. Perhaps their production might have made a slight difference in my opinion. I know some people who adore it. (I also know people who adore MISS SAIGON, for that matter.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2003, 02:24:30 PM »

Cammy
Kim-lette
giblet
Kammy
biklet
kim-lette
karma kameleon
kim
karmutt
treble clef
bru-bru
kimshe

See, Jane, that problem is easily corrected.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2003, 02:24:56 PM »

"Velvetta"! I thought that was either a biscuit (cookie!), type of cheese or a brand of soap. I must look out for the cast album. NOT. I am one of those who fail to "get" Patti LaPone.
I watched "Stritch" last night (after the record breaking event had closed). Amazing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2003, 02:26:47 PM »

Being a semi rural dweller I have just driven to the local post office to collect my mail. Oh the disappointment after yesterday when I received "what a gift" (a funny girl reference) from a generous soul in the NW and a package of yet more music from another generous soul in France. Today only bank satements. I guess I should be pleased that at least they were in the black. Now is it really possible to not open my present for another four weeks. I am not sure what is the most unseemly choice to make. To open or not to open. Advice needed.

Ozzie:  Why don't you open the present today, and leave the bank statements to open on your birthday?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2003, 02:31:47 PM »

Cammy
Kim-lette
giblet
Kammy
biklet
kim-lette
karma kameleon
kim
karmutt
treble clef
bru-bru
kimshe

See, Jane, that problem is easily corrected.

LOL.  Aren't you cute.  It does appear that it has already been named Karmy, which is almost Kammy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2003, 02:32:57 PM »

Will do. Much more sensible. I am usually good at leaving such thing but this is important. Ozzie is the name of a well-known puppet Ostrich on OZ TV in the 1970's and 1980's. I am careful not to stick my neck out to far but have been known to bury my head in the sand. (Leave that one alone TCB). Stay tuned.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2003, 02:34:26 PM »

I assume Karmy is a member of the Sutra family - Perhaps even holding a position of some note.
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2003, 02:35:02 PM »

Tom from Oz when exactly is your birthday?  Sounds as if it is just after mine and Bruce’s (I put myself first to keep our birthdays in the correct date order).  Did I miss anyone?

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2003, 02:36:27 PM »

Unbelievable in the South today. We had gorgeous blue sky - 80 degree weather, most like late spring/early summer than mid-autumn.

I had on jeans and a flannel shirt to go to lunch and do some shopping afterward, and I had to turn on the air conditioning in my car on the ride home. It was actually HOT!

Jane

« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2003, 02:38:30 PM »

I find myself becoming rather fond of the name Karmy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2003, 02:44:59 PM »

I'm sticking with Kim-lette, but like you said, Jane, it seems to have already been named.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2003, 02:49:33 PM »

TCB that was a good comic! I love it!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2003, 02:51:57 PM »

Here's a vote:

Him wot ain't got no name!

We've got BK.  We don't NEED a mascot!

;D

Danise

« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2003, 02:52:11 PM »

Evening All!  I had a WONDERFUL class today.  I really, really, really, really enjoyed myself.  I can’t wait for tomorrow and am only sorry it will be over.  I could go for a month and still want more.

Jennifer–that’s why I didn’t just go ahead and post it.  It cracks me up but....  I’m to shy to send it to a guy so we’ll just skip it.  I don’t want to offend anyone

JRand53-I guess Jennifer told it to you.  

There are so many places I would like to go NYC, England, Ireland, Scotland, Egypt, Oz, New Zealand, to name just a few places.

Good Vibes to TCB with the hip replacement.  Ouch.

Why not Karmy for the Karma Fairy?

My question is for Jane–How did you get the doggie in your post last night?  That’s one of the pictures I’ve been trying to make work but can’t.  It’s not on the smiley page.  Where did you get it and how does it work?  Many thanks!

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2003, 02:52:36 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
You didn't comment on my suggestion to spell Cammy with a K.  Was it that bad?
No it wasn't bad.
Actually you'll laugh when I tell you why it wasn't included. I couldn't find the page where all the names were listed on HHW. But I had them written on a piece of paper, which I just recopied. I think Emily had some weird combo write in vote too that i probably forgot.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 02:55:11 PM by Jennifer »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2003, 02:53:08 PM »

TCB that was a good comic! I love it!

Thank you.  I am just glad I could make it work.  I was afraid of turning the site back to Cinemascope.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2003, 02:54:58 PM »

Had lunch today at the Oakland Museum of Art.  It was a pleasant walk over....a little on the cool side, but the sun is shining!

An hour later, and it's a heat wave outside!

I wonder what precautions DR TFO takes "down under".  Ya know, they get the brunt of the sun's full wrath because of that hole in the ozone layer....most of Australia lies there unprotected, like so much fish.

Do you guys use SPF 500 by now, Tommy?

Do you need specially polarized suits?

What's the skin cancer like down under?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 02:55:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2003, 02:56:17 PM »

DR Jane. Just after you and BK. 14th. I think I am a year older than BK and much older than Guy Haines. I think that it almost DR Jason's birthday. Maybe he doesn't have one every year.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2003, 02:57:57 PM »

Received my replacement copy of "Dune" from Amazon.com today.  I've printed out their mailing label and will return the incorrectly packaged copy back to them (No Disc 1, two Disc 2s and one Disc #).  They make it easy, ask no questions.

I love a no-muss, no-fuss transaction.  And they mailed it to me via "next-day" UPS.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2003, 02:59:41 PM »

Danise, I have had the dog in my files for over a year now.  We are a bit obsessed about our dog and I found it on a Bernese Mountain Dog site.  Keith (my husband) transferred it into our files.  I can email it to you if you like and you can copy it from there-I think.

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2003, 03:00:04 PM »

DR Jane wrote;
LOL.  Aren't you cute.  It does appear that it has already been named Karmy, which is almost Kammy

DR TCB that was cute how you added Kammy to the list.

And no it hasn't already been named Karmy. I just wrote that by accident. But it is sort of sticking with me.

To make everyone happy maybe we can just call him Karmy Kammy the little Kim-lette!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2003, 03:00:47 PM »

DR TFO:  How on earth can you be "older" than Guy Haines?

Guy Haines was an adult in the very early 50s.  Why, he must be ancient by now.....

;D

Danise

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2003, 03:02:36 PM »

Thanks, Jane but I don't think that would help.  I downloaded a bunch of moving pictures but I can't get them from there to here.   :)  I can see them but no one else can.  

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2003, 03:03:04 PM »

Yes, that's one of the BIG benefits of Amazon. They don't question your complaint and make it right with minimum fuss. I don't buy everything from them, but I almost invariably go there first when I'm shopping around.

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2003, 03:03:32 PM »

Skin Cancer is a major killer here in OZ. Unfortunately most of the damage was done when we were children and there was no knowledge of the harm that the sun could do. The youngsters  (and their parents) these days have so much information. Hats and sunscreen are essentials - even in the grade school playground. I have never been a "sun worshipper" - suntanning on the beach was just like "so much fish" in my opinion. There was more fun to be had in the sand dunes and associated beach scrub. There probably still is. DR thanks for your questions and concern  but I don't wish to discuss my "down under" at this time. (I am reasonable sure that it is cancer free!)
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up