Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE DAY  (Read 20721 times)

Tomovoz

Re:TODAY IS THE DAY
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2005, 06:09:41 PM »

Don't know of it all DtM. Not even Campobello.

I magine it would not have had a showing in OZ.
I just thought FDR was a friend Of Annie Warbucks.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2005, 06:21:06 PM »

All right, I'm gone ALLLLL afternoon, I break my back getting all the CDs ready to ship, and I come back to yet another slow news day here at haineshisway.com????  Very disheartening.  After the Ball was ready at three, but Guy Haines wasn't, and they finally had to deliver it to me at five.  We then addressed like crazy, but nothing went out today - the bulk of things will go out tomorrow, with international orders going on Monday.  The After the Ball packaging is somewhat distressing, as all the booklets are slightly wrinkled at the spine where the staples are.  Very shoddy, but I didn't even notice it until we'd packed up ninety percent of the stuff.  I'll be having strong words with them on Monday.  The Haines package is fine.  I hope people won't be bothered by the wrinkling, but if it's really bothersome to anyone, I have all the extra booklets and tray cards, and whenever they next order, I can enclose a new booklet.  As to the rest of the order - I may have them redo what's left.

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2005, 07:27:33 PM »

Is nothing happening today?
We're trying to install a new widescreen TV and connect it to DVD recorder and video and sound syste.  I wonder if Matt is busy.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2005, 07:34:13 PM »

Can someone please explain where dear reader Jane has been - haven't seen her around these parts in days.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2005, 07:39:22 PM »

...yet another slow news day here at haineshisway.com????  Very disheartening...
No news is good news, as they say.

Do you really want to hear about the dogs yet again?  Fletcher ate a whole package of raw ravioli.  Big flash there.

Or we could discuss the release of Harry Potter Six.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2005, 07:42:15 PM »

Jane's last post was July 14. She's been here - but briefly.
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »

I remember (oh, a Sondheim reference) now... The Paris cast of Les Miserables.  It appears to be totally out of print as even Dress Circle doesn't have it.  I'm on a hunt for it.  I have it on "look out" on eBay and I've been looking around the 'net for it.  Does anyone else have a place they get things like that from?  (besides Footlight)

Try a record store in Montreal, Quebec. Perhaps HMV has it or one of the smaller stores.
Never stop dreaming.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

Good news, dear BK!
Look forward to receiving my CD from the Kritzerland! Hope to have it by next weekend. :D

Michael

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2005, 07:50:53 PM »

And is there a problem with the Bruce Kimmel website??? I don't seem to have a problem when I go on the online to check up on it!
Never stop dreaming.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »

Does Stage Door Canteen, which I’ve never seen before, similar to Is Paris Burning? That is also, I think, an all-star (in this film, most of all actors are Europeans) extravagant product, though I enjoyed it much.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2005, 07:55:08 PM »

I just think to email to DR JANE.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2005, 07:56:24 PM »

And
Your diet plan will be better for you, dear BK, I think, as it’d get you away from the stress of being on diet as well.

Michael

« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2005, 08:03:57 PM »

Okay:

For me the www.brucekimmel.com website works with internet explorer, but does not work with Mozilla Firefox. Will have to ask my web hoster why this is happening. Is anyone else having problems accessing the website on any other internet browser?

Would like the feedback on this please,
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2005, 08:04:39 PM »

Shayne, if you go to brucekimmel.com all you get is a bunch of type - no images, just gobbledygook - it has been like that ever since you started making changes.

Michael

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2005, 08:05:06 PM »

And oh yes. I got home around six o'clock and wrote about 18 pages for my new play. I still think I have a few more pages in me before I go to bed.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2005, 08:07:06 PM »

WARM SPRINGS was quite wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I watched it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2005, 08:09:08 PM »

No problems for me Michael.
James Thurber 1957

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2005, 08:09:35 PM »

I'm ok with Safari, DR Michael Shayne.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2005, 08:10:04 PM »

Is nothing happening today?
We're trying to install a new widescreen TV and connect it to DVD recorder and video and sound syste.  I wonder if Matt is busy.

I would be glad to help you if I could, DR Tom. Sorry I can't pop next door and lend a hand. I'm there in spirit, and certainly if you have any questions you think I might be able to answer, e-mail me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2005, 08:10:15 PM »

It works through safari.  I must say I was confused by some of the new things.  Much harder to find out where all the stuff about my different TV, movie, shows, etc. are.  I think it was easier before.  might want to make that clearer somehow - like on the icon that says click here for Bruce's bio, you might want to say that that's where you'll find all that info and then when they get there you should point them to the task bar at the top where all that stuff now resides.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2005, 08:11:55 PM »

I work for a library and our Harry Potter books have been processed and will be on their way to people tomorrow morning.  The audiobooks (both cassettes and CDs) were processed today, but take a little longer.  People who have requests (holds) for those will get them some time next week.

Our library ordered 120 copies of the book (as of this moment, there are 807 holds), six copies of the large print book (164 holds!), and 12 each of the cassettes (122 holds) and CDs (166 holds).  Also, an additional 25 copies have been ordered from gift money, but we didn't get them at the same time (a Freaky Friday: The Musical reference).  I called our book vendor and was told that we should get them next week after they received more books from the second printing!  It's just been released and they're already into a second printing.  A lot of people are going to be waiting for a long time!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 08:13:34 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2005, 08:13:08 PM »

Very easy to see why MRS. O'MALLEY AND MR, MALONE didn't make it as a mystery series. Marjorie Main and James Whitmore just weren't very compatible, and I really did not like Whitmore's Malone character at all.

Not great mystery writing either, and with the murders happening on a train, it could have been much more suspenseful; even for a mystery-comedy, it could have used some tension.

Michael

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2005, 08:13:49 PM »

It works through safari.  I must say I was confused by some of the new things.  Much harder to find out where all the stuff about my different TV, movie, shows, etc. are.  I think it was easier before.  might want to make that clearer somehow - like on the icon that says click here for Bruce's bio, you might want to say that that's where you'll find all that info and then when they get there you should point them to the task bar at the top where all that stuff now resides.

Thank you for you imput. I will work on it over the weekend.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2005, 08:15:53 PM »

No one around here at HHW has been talking about the new HARRY POTTER much, so I just assumed there wasn't much interest. I'm sure the book stores are buzzing right about now with less than an hour to go before folks can walk out of the store with their copies.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2005, 08:18:15 PM »

I figured after reading AZKABAN and then seeing the movie that I'd just wait and see all the films first, and then I'd go back and read the books. I like the movie experience to be as fresh as possible.

Tomovoz

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2005, 08:18:18 PM »

I have avoided the shops today. Potter has been on sale for over three hours here. I guess this evening news will be showing all the costumed kids.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2005, 08:20:30 PM »

Another delightful MONK episode with John Turturro guesting as Monk's brother Ambrose. Last year, Turturro won a well deserved guest Emmy for his performance on MONK.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2005, 08:22:06 PM »

There have been daily features about POTTER in the daily newspaper for the last two weeks, so I'll enjoy reading about tonight's activities tomorrow and then be glad that it's over for another couple of years.

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2005, 08:24:03 PM »

I'll probably buy the book the Potter book on Monday - a quick read and then pass it on to my nephew's three sons.  They'll be waiting.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2005, 08:29:17 PM »

My friend Hal is a BIG Potter fan, and he's promised to load me all the books when I'm ready to read them. After THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, he was dying to tell me some of the things that happened, but I managed to keep him for revealing anything.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up