Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PACKING A WALLOP  (Read 17005 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PACKING A WALLOP
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2005, 12:04:23 PM »

Conversely, at times there is lots of sun blocking the clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2005, 12:04:38 PM »

I shall be blocking the actors soon.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2005, 12:24:36 PM »

DR George, I think I taped BB6 last night. Although I was too exhausted to check when i got home (but i think i have it)./

If your niece still wants it (and nobody closer taped it), I could copy it to dvd and send it. Although you probably wouldn't get it for a week+.

Thanks for the offer!  I just asked my niece and she thanks you for the offer, but you don't have to go to all that trouble.  She does keep up with what's going on on the CBS website, though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »

Is Jrand the only one who's listened to the Guy Haines album?  I HAVE gotten several lovely private e-mails from denizens, but very little here, I must say, besides Jrand and Pogue.

What am I, chopped liver?  On Monday, July 18th, I wrote:
Mine arrived today too! ... I'm right now listening to the last track on "New Guy In Town" and I think that it's a wonderful CD.  It has a great mix of songs and I especially love "Cowboy Waltz."  The booklet and the artwork is top-notch and the pictures themselves are quite nice.  Guy's hands take a good picture. ;) Sadly, no hidden track.  Oh, well.  You can't have everything....

Not profound, but sincere. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2005, 01:35:18 PM »

Split pea.  Wonderful stuff.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »

If I absolutely detest the movie of "Mame" with Lucille Ball, does that mean I am "Anti Mame"?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2005, 02:33:07 PM »

Keep watching the skies.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2005, 02:40:45 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Back from another couple of hours of wandering around the city.  I stopped here.  I stopped there.  I ate this.  I ate that.  Lots of little bites in various parts of the city.

On the way back from midtown, I decided to get off at 125th and Broadway and walk over to Amsterdam, then up to 145th.   Man, does that hill go up for a bunch of blocks!  It wasn't that bad, and once I got up to 145th, I rewarded myself with a shaved ice from the vendor on the  corner.  I tried some orange flavor - chinola - quite good, and all natural, at least according to the kind gentleman.  Now I just have about 14 more flavors to try!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2005, 02:42:19 PM »

I wonder what Jose is doing come November.

Well...

I'm supposed to be starting rehearsals for Damn Yankees, but things, as they say, are always subject to change.

:P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 02:43:25 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2005, 02:55:35 PM »

Good afternoon, fellow Dear Readers. That's about all I have to say.

I have not listened to my new CDs yet. We always save new CDs for road trips. We believe in delayed gratification. Besides, sometimes it's the only way I can get DR Sandra in the car for the drive home.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2005, 02:56:52 PM »

And now for a bit of Sunday levity.  I received these in an e-mail recently.  Enjoy!

Musician Jokes 101

Did you hear about the bass player that was so bad even the drummer noticed?

What did the ProTools engineer say to the singer? "That sucked;come on in."

Kenny G walks into an elevator and says, "Man, this place is HAPPENING!"

What's the last thing a drummer says before he's thrown out of the band? "Let's play one of MY songs!"

What's the difference between a musician and a large Domino's pizza? A large Domino's pizza can feed a family of four.

Have you heard the one about the guitar player that plays in tune? Neither have I.

What was the epitaph on the blues player's gravestone? "I didn't wake up this morning."

How can you tell if the stage is level? The drummer drools evenly out of both sides of his mouth.

What do you throw a drowning guitar player? His amp.

How do you make a guitar player play softer? Put a chart in front of him.

How do you make a keyboard player play softer? Take his chart away.

How do you get two piccolo players to play in perfect unison? Shoot one.

General Custer and his aide were in the fort. The aide said, "General, I don't like the sound of those drums." From over in the hills you hear a voice yell, "It's not our regular drummer."

How many engineers does it take to change a lightbulb? 1) "Is that an analog bulb or a digital bulb?" 2) "It's in the manual, You DID READ THE MANUAL, DIDN'T YOU?" 3) "That's visual. I only do audio"

How many record producers does it take to change a lightbulb? "I don't know. What do you think?"

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb? None. They have machines to do that now.

How many bass players does it take to change a lightbulb? None; the piano player does it with his left hand.

How many alto sax players does it take to change a lightbulb? Five: one to handle the bulb and four to contemplate how David Sanborn would've done it.

How does a soprano change a lightbulb? She just holds on and the world revolves around her.

How many altos does it take to change a lightbulb? None; they can't get up that high.

How many jazz pianists does it take to change a lightbulb? Screw the changes, we'll fake it.

How many union roadies does it take to change a lightbulb? Eleven. You got a problem with that?

What ís the difference between a violin and a bass? A bass burns longer.

What do you call a drummer with no girlfiend? Homeless.

The bass player came tearing out a club in hot pursuit of another guy. The bouncer asked him, "What's the problem?" Puffed the bassist, "That guy turned one of my tuning pegs, and he
won't tell me which one."

How many female country vocalists does it take to sing "Crazy"? Apparently, all of them.

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2005, 03:02:35 PM »

I have a new fear: that Suzanne Somers' show will tour to Phoenix and it will be part of my season ticket package, which means I have to pay full price for a bad show. On the other hand, bad shows are fun. But not at full price.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2005, 03:04:43 PM »

Been gone for such a long spell this afternoon, but I was auditioning, so I guess that's as good a reason as any to be E&T. I believe I mentioned some weeks ago that OLIVER! auditions were upcoming. Anyway, another one has come and gone. Always glad when they're over.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2005, 03:06:14 PM »

Once I got home, I fixed myself a spot of dinner and watched a couple of POIROT episodes while the food cooked, cooled, and got eaten.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2005, 03:07:08 PM »

I have watched these episodes before, both on PBS when they were first broadcast and then later on A&E and once when I got the DVD sets. Yet, I did not remember the murderer in either case I watched.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2005, 03:08:12 PM »

The next national tour we've got coming through Charlotte (besides Cathy Rigby currently in the umpteenth tour of PETER PAN) is Tom Hewitt in DOCTOR DOLITTLE.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2005, 03:10:14 PM »

Back to auditions a second. The theater that is doing OLIVER! is the one where I did Bob Cratchit in SCROOGE and Max Detweiler in THE SOUND OF MUSIC. However, I don't always get cast there, so I have no inkling if I'll get it or not.

If not, a theater even closer to home is doing A MURDER IS ANNOUNCED, but the only role I'm right for in that is Inspector Craddock, and it's not a very important part, so I doubt I'll try for it if I don't get in OLIVER!

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »

Two days in a row without an afternoon gullywasher! We're on a roll!  :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2005, 03:11:28 PM »

Many thanks Jose from DP Colin, Magnus & Fosca, and myself. Much laughter here at breakfast.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

I knew Dorothy Fields had worked on REDHEAD, too, but wasn't on-line to respond.

I have caught Mr. Suskin in errors before and corrected him. He's usually been good enough to acknowledge it (privately in e-mail) when he's wrong and has gone about having the copy changed.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2005, 03:27:07 PM »

Soup!

My favorites are gazpacho soup and vegetable matzo ball.

Progresso used to make this really good ravioli vegetable soup. I don't know if they stopped making it or if our grocery store just stopped carrying it, but I haven't seen it in a long time.

The only other thing I have to say is a very long rant, and I'm not going to bore y'all with that.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2005, 03:57:32 PM »

Since I was gone all afternoon, I have to get to the laundry now. I'll be back on later tonight.

Jed

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2005, 04:13:47 PM »

The only other thing I have to say is a very long rant, and I'm not going to bore y'all with that.

I don't think any of us have ever used the words "Sandra," "rant," and "boring" in the same sentence!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2005, 04:18:34 PM »

DR Jed  has done so!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2005, 04:21:59 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

George, you are not chopped liver - schmaltz herring, perhaps, but never chopped liver.  As soon as I read your post, I remembered how nice your comments were.

Tomovoz

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »

Today's mail incluced the complete DVD set of "Jeeves & Wooster" (Hugh Laurie & Stephen Fry). I've imported them from the UK for a friend. I hope I have borrowing rights.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2005, 04:44:44 PM »

...Mr. Suskin....says that Mr. Fosse was working with "songwriters" that he'd worked with before and had a good time with (I don't believe he'd worked with Miss Fields before)...
Silly me, I was about to agree and say that he hadn't worked with Miss Fields, but she wrote the lyrics (and co-wrote the book with brother Herbert) for Redhead.

Note: Posted before reading responses from Elmore and Matt.  But at least I mentioned Herbert.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 05:10:22 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2005, 05:09:57 PM »

Avegolemono can be made as both a soup and a sauce.  Depends on how thickly it's made.

Yummers.  It's got me thinking of putting Greek accents into dinner tonight.

Olives, mint, feta cheese, lemon, oregano, garlic, yogurt...

This is as opposed to cooking everything in the microwave.  That would be Geek cooking.   ;D ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2005, 05:34:59 PM »

Why is everyone just sitting there like so much schmaltz herring?

Just started to watch The Damned Don't Cry - got five minutes in and the next thing I knew it was thirty-five minutes later.  So, I'll save it for another time.

We'll see what I feel like watching when I return from supper.

We blocked some of the play - perfunctory, but it helps, but this is the first and last time I'm ever doing a reading of a play, other than in my house.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2005, 05:35:54 PM »

SURGEON, baby, STURGEON!

QUELL that STURGEON!  TOTE that BARGE!  LIFT that BALE!  Or, in the case of a felon, LIFT THAT BAIL!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up