Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FILM SCORE HELL  (Read 7116 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: FILM SCORE HELL
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2023, 05:45:24 AM »

TWO!!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2023, 05:45:39 AM »

Hmm...
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2023, 05:50:53 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2023, 05:53:49 AM »

A birthday par-tay in that part of the U.S. of A., should be catered by Skyline, White Castle and Graeter's.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2023, 05:55:19 AM »

Congratulations, DR Elmore, on the shopping spree and purchase of a new computer!

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2023, 05:58:15 AM »

Congratulations are also due to vixmom for being good for another six years!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2023, 06:00:30 AM »

Good morning.

I would still be abed, but I heard a lawn mower outside, and there is Denny cutting my grass.  He won't be finished or another hour or so, but I have arisen.

News at six.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2023, 06:02:40 AM »

I was actually forgetting what vixmom's six years were for, while typing that. I just knew she was good for six years.   :)

Then I remembered. Jury duty!

I've only been called twice, I think. First time, I spent the morning and part of the afternoon at the courthouse reading a book, till the judge in the case came in and said the parties had resolved whatever it was and we were all excused.

Also had a wonderful Mexican meal at the mom-and-pop restaurant across the street where all the attorneys and everyone eat.

Second time, I totally blew it and found out one evening that I'd put it in my calendar wrong, and I was supposed to have been there that morning! I called and apologized, and they said "oh, that case was dismissed. You're fine."

I have no idea what years these were, or whether the gavel is about to strike again.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2023, 06:09:51 AM »

I dreamed last night.

I dreamed of "1776" and my 1976 production of same with the Naples Little Theater.

I have never dreamed such a dream.  I did not re-live a performance, but I did re-visit the drama behind the scenes, including in my workplace where I was editor of the base newspaper and being criticized by my boss for writing better stories about the play than I was writing about his "major bicentennial ball" event.

Trouble there was that his event was restricted to 600 people.  VERY exclusive.  Additioally, it was a 'couples" event...and that meant husbands and wives or boyfriends and girlfriends.  Capping that, the price per couple was $60.  This was 1976, and most folks weren't spending $60 on a night out with a meal while they were in the Navy and in Italy.  Many also would have to hire baby sitters.

The American audience (Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps) was around 10,000 (including family members).  And this "event" was restricted to only 600 of those 10,000.  The majority of the population was single and not in a committed "dating" relationship that would see any of them doling out $60 for a formal ball.

To be frank, the tickets weren't selling very well, and it was "my" fault according to my boss.

My dream involved me telling him that they needed to offer payment installments for those who needed them.  He felt that was too insulting and that no one would admit needing help.

He did not sell 600 tickets, but it did well enough.

My play cost $6 a ticket, and we sold out six performances.  House seated 800.

Go write a screenplay about that.  And don't hire Stanislas Syrewicz to score it, because I want only the BEST!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:19:38 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2023, 06:13:32 AM »

This could be the start of something big.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2023, 06:13:39 AM »

Very big.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2023, 06:13:55 AM »

Steve Lawrence sayz so.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2023, 06:15:13 AM »

When I was in Oakland, for 25 years, I received a jury summons each year.  I served only once, and had a week-long travail of being a potential juror but was dismissed without interview because a jury was seated before they got to my name.

I have been retired since July 2017, and living in South Carolina since that September.  I registered to vote and pay taxes, but haven't been summoned once in six years.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2023, 06:22:31 AM »

I have not yet had my coffee, and the ill effects are mounting.

I have put on shorts, so i won't be caught in my boxers by the lawn mower guy when he wants to be paid.

It's Thursday, after all, and the 13th day of July (month named after Julius Caesar, by the way!!).

I am all out  of fresh blueberry muffins, sadly.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2023, 06:30:25 AM »

I'm exhausted already: too hot, too humid, and I've got really bad acid reflux.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2023, 06:33:03 AM »

I'm exhausted already: too hot, too humid, and I've got really bad acid reflux.

That is one very expressive sentence, Larry!  I can almost feel it myself.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2023, 06:45:10 AM »

And let me share this link I copied from DR George's post last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS-dKMYU8R8

It's an extraordinary concert with some glorious vocals...more glorious than any currently being heard in any Broadway show.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:46:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »

KevinH

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2023, 07:14:52 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2023, 07:15:01 AM »

Wordle:  3/6

KevinH

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2023, 07:15:14 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR JohnG's Mom!

KevinH

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2023, 07:15:34 AM »

Belated Happy Birthday to DR vixmom's Mom!

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2023, 08:11:15 AM »

Enjoying that Evening at the Pops right now.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2023, 08:32:27 AM »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2023, 08:40:51 AM »

From John:

Milan Kundera died at 94. I loved The Unbearable Lightness of Being, both the book and the movie. But I don’t think I have read anything else of his.

I only saw the movie.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2023, 08:48:20 AM »

I like my all in one HP computer.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2023, 08:49:33 AM »

A disadvantage of the all in one is if one thing goes wrong you have to completely replace the computer.  Keith has stayed with his regular computer and big screen, which can be replaced separately from the computer.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2023, 08:53:24 AM »

I have survived the grass mowing payment, have completed a deposit slip for a couple of annuity checks, and have had a filling breakfast of a cheese omelet with my one cup of coffee.

It seems it is now lunchtime.

And I am all at sea over what I might get to tide me over till e'en!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2023, 08:59:03 AM »

I do love yellow corn.

Around here, however, we mostly find white corn.

Funny story (to me):  When I was a kid, my paternal grandmother would visit us for a month at a time every year.   She had given up housekeeping long before my father was of age (he was the youngest of 8 and had two married brothers by the time he was six).

She moved around amongst her children...a month here, a month there and, more often than not, several months with her youngest daughter (my Aunt Fanny).

At any rate, she was visiting us when I was in my early teens and my mom prepared corn on the cob with the evening meal.  I feel certain we had yellow corn for meals in prior visits she had with us, but on this occasion, she exclaimed:

"Harrumph!  In Virginia, we only eat white corn.  We feed the yellow corn to the hogs!"

My mom looked at me, suppressed a smile, and said nothing.  My dad said "Well, Ma, you don't have to eat it if you don't want it."

She ate it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2023, 09:01:06 AM »

I enjoy a tomato and corn casserole that is made with white corn, and my mom used to make that all the time, but she bought the small can of white corn for that dish only.  Fresh corn was always yellow.

I can get yellow corn already frozen, of course, but local roadside fare is exclusively white corn.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2023, 09:01:06 AM »

HOWEVER, he accused me of "stuff[ing my] face with food and liquor rather than be here for the change of the day," and "Clubbing it. Smoking the marijuana cigarettes and taking the cocaine."  And "Getting liquored up."

Well, I NEVER!  And certainly not last night!  I'm a good boy, I am!!

:))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up