Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MACARONI AND CHEESE  (Read 32576 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:MACARONI AND CHEESE
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2005, 06:03:37 PM »

DR Sandra is excited to hear about "The Princess Bride" being made into a musical, complete with lots of swordfighting.

The phone company came today. They spent all day at it, but tonight we have phone service.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »

George -- I wish I had known that you wanted to see PRINCESSES.  I had a front row ticket that went unused last night that you could have had.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2005, 06:08:37 PM »

Bad acting habits are abound in Spamalot.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/51742.htm

Tony Award Winning Diva ah Actress is missing a lot of performances. So is Tim Curry

And Mike Nichols is pissed

Hank Azaria has left the cast in a Huff

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2005, 06:09:38 PM »

I was almost going to post this also, but then I realized that JRand specified "...in a Broadway revival...."  Ethel, of course, was not in a revival. ;)

I think I missed that.
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2005, 06:19:30 PM »

Bad acting habits are abound in Spamalot.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/51742.htm

Tony Award Winning Diva ah Actress is missing a lot of performances. So is Tim Curry

And Mike Nichols is pissed

Hank Azaria has left the cast in a Huff

Did I miss the information on Hank Azaria?  i didn't see it in the story.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2005, 06:19:57 PM »

George -- I wish I had known that you wanted to see PRINCESSES.  I had a front row ticket that went unused last night that you could have had.

:o Darn.  Oh, well.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »

[Back from the El Portal.  We now have a difficult decision to make, which I'll talk more about in the notes.  We all really liked the vibe of the El Portal (their 99 seat space), but it's not an ideal space for doing our set, unless our designer can be brilliant and figure out a way to make it work.  It's also not available until January 1st, but I'm not begin as negative about that as I once was.  They also really want us to do the play there - I've known the woman who runs the theater for years, and she likes me, likes my work, and likes the idea of me being there.  That's a big plus, if you ask me.  However, if we resign ourselves to wait until January,
Is an open run a possibility? It is nice to be wanted and have support for your work.

we could have the Hudson, where we did What If.  It's difficult - the Hudson I know, people know it, it's in Hollywood.   The El Portal is in North Hollywood, although they do get audiences out there and they do very well.

Is there a difference being in North Hollywood. Is it a good or bad area? If I remember The Hudson is on what is called "Theater Row"

Both theaters are nice, although the El Portal, being a former movie theater, has great marquee value.

In other words they help promote the show etc. Is it a nicer looking theater than the Hudson. Do you have to go up the stairs to reach the theater?

It's also less expensive than the Hudson, and again, I know they'd help us in whatever ways they can, which you don't get at the Hudson.  

The Hudson sounds like a cheap hooker. Pay her and you can use her for two hours for a performance.

Which brings us to the Egyptian Arena Theater in Hollywood.  We COULD go in there and open end of November.  The inside of the theater is nice, and the size of the stage would work really well for us.  BUTT - the neighborhood is funky (it's right off Hollywood Blvd - south - on Las Palmas, literally located in back of the famous Egyptian Theater, now the home of the American Cinematheque.

If I remember from a tourist stand point that area is a little bit better than it used to be.

There's a funky little marquee on Las Palmas, but to get to the theater you have to walk through a parking lot - it's a bit weird.  

Is it well lit at night? Is there security?

It's priced well, we could open this year, etc.  But, if we wait until January, at least we don't have to be concerned about the holidays.  I welcome all opinions.

I think you really want to go to the El Portal despite it being in January.

But I think it should come down to what is best for the production and which theater will better suit your needs.

Not really helpful was this.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2005, 06:27:05 PM »

Did I miss the information on Hank Azaria?  i didn't see it in the story.

Under the photo it says that Hank Azaria has left the cast. I was making a small joke.

When I said he left in a Huff I was refering that he left the show to film more of his cable tv show HUFF.

I think he'll be back after the filming is done.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2005, 06:41:20 PM »

Well gang, I threw away my last cigarettes tonight and bought a box of Nicorette. It worked for me the last time and I made it 6 years before I started smoking again last fall.  I did lose 35 pounds since I started smoking, which I hope doesn't come back, but it's time to quit

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2005, 06:42:04 PM »

When I bought the Nicorette it was in a locked case....next to the condoms....when did they start putting condoms in a locked case????

FJL

« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2005, 06:44:08 PM »

I saw the semi-staged 70 GIRLS 70 at the El Portal, starring Charlotte Rae, Marni Nixon, Jane Kean, William Schallert and Robert Mandan, and was absolutely nuts about the space (at least as an audience member) and the area around it.  Found lovely dining very close by as well.  We were in the next to last row, and it felt extraordinarily intimate, at least the way that show was staged.

Tomovoz

« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »

When I bought the Nicorette it was in a locked case....next to the condoms....when did they start putting condoms in a locked case????

Safe sex I guess.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2005, 07:25:03 PM »

Cillaliz, good non-smoking vibes!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2005, 07:26:40 PM »

I wonder where my Brontosaurus went?
When he brushed his teeth with Pepsodent...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2005, 07:27:42 PM »

The flowers we received look beautiful on our dining room table.  If only we could freeze-dry them so they will last.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2005, 07:28:58 PM »

Lovely flowers, Jane!

Jane

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2005, 07:29:54 PM »

Here is one of the adorable, sweet, cuddly, lovable, fantastic and beautiful BeeGee.  Can you tell I’m in love?

Jane

« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2005, 07:31:18 PM »

Thanks Cillaliz.  The photo doesn't show how great they look on our table.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2005, 07:34:23 PM »

Cillaliz to battle the munchies now I suggest carrying sliced carrots around with you.  At home I find watermelon and strawberries on low in calories.

Now I should take my own advice.  We gained weight trying to eat the bread and other foods we saved from our freezer disaster.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »

I know it helps SWoody do his job, but gosh how I hate those stickers on fruit. Especially when they do not come off easily. Plums are particularly bad.
There's a plot in the scientific community to label the fruit with lasers.

That way, we can just scan them at the register, and you will get the fruit pre-cooked.

Well, maybe...

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2005, 07:41:36 PM »

Here is one of the adorable, sweet, cuddly, lovable, fantastic and beautiful BeeGee.  Can you tell I’m in love?

Here's another one for you

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »

Cillaliz to battle the munchies now I suggest carrying sliced carrots around with you.  At home I find watermelon and strawberries on low in calories.

Thanks for the advice.  I'm going to try to watch what I eat, but not be too hard on myself, I really want to quit smoking again

Jason

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »

I took a nap today with Bernice. That's what I've named my CPAP machine. I slept til 8:30. I blame Jose.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2005, 07:50:17 PM »

LOL! I ate macaroni and cheese and a Butterfinger candy bar....I blame Jose!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2005, 07:55:11 PM »

As opposed to the old dinosaur exhibits???
Those are found at Boots and Saddle.

::)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2005, 08:03:52 PM »

Well gang, I threw away my last cigarettes tonight and bought a box of Nicorette. It worked for me the last time and I made it 6 years before I started smoking again last fall.  I did lose 35 pounds since I started smoking, which I hope doesn't come back, but it's time to quit

Good for you, DR Cillaliz!  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2005, 08:09:02 PM »

Dear DR Cillaliz: don't worry so much about the weight.  Get that nicotine monkey off your back first!

Been there, done that.  I'm cheering for you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2005, 08:13:02 PM »

Der Brucer has returned from his camping trip with the grandlads and his daughter.  His daughter made everything absurdly horrible, and tried to blame everything on her husband, who was absent due to having to work.  She was even blaming her husband for sending der B in his place.

Silly girl.  She doesn't know that DR Jose is to blame for everything!

;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2005, 08:17:55 PM »

Well, the actor who played Finch in HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS has always won a Tony on Broadway. Granted, it's only been done in two productions, but both actors won the award playing it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2005, 08:19:23 PM »

Under the photo it says that Hank Azaria has left the cast. I was making a small joke.

When I said he left in a Huff I was refering that he left the show to film more of his cable tv show HUFF.

I think he'll be back after the filming is done.

Hank is slated to return in November.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up