Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK  (Read 21844 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2005, 08:13:36 PM »

What are the differences between the Road Show engagement and the regular releases of In Old Chicago?

I'm not sure, but isn't that information on the new DVD? Maybe in a commentary.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2005, 08:17:57 PM »

As long as "tasty seasonings" include 3 or more farm fresh eggs, sauted chicken livers and a topping of sour cream and caviar I'm all for it.

der alwayd easy to plaease Brucer
Fine, I'll pick up everything at the market tomorrow after work.

(At least you aren't demanding truffles.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2005, 08:18:56 PM »

Page 6 Dance!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »

I had me a mess of eggs (over medium), ham, and two English muffins.  I've just picked up some macaroni and cheese from Koo Koo Roo, to satisfy my other craving.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2005, 08:22:10 PM »

Julie looks beautiful in that head shot. I am looking forward to having this on something other than a videotape recorded from AMC.

Rock looks pretty damn terrific himself!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2005, 08:22:17 PM »

Instead of going back to JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG which I knew would run into my SIX FEET UNDER viewing, I decided to watch TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT.

I got this off TCM since I never got around to buying the DVD when it was released in the last year or two. I suspect TCM is using the master element for this telecast that was used for the DVD because it looked the best I've ever seen it look with gorgeous contrast and very sharp images. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it again after many years away from it.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2005, 08:24:12 PM »

SIX FEET UNDER was a gut-wrenching experience from beginning to end. With so much in turmoil, I cannot imagine how the series is going to end next week. It is going to be a 75 minute series finale episode, however.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2005, 08:26:46 PM »

Rock looks pretty damn terrific himself!

Well, yeah, but he was always a beauty at that point in his career.

Speaking of which, when I went to the to-watch shelf and selected JUDGMENT AT NUREMBERG this morning, my eyes fell on SECONDS, too, and I need to watch that before too much longer also.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2005, 08:30:19 PM »

HBO also advertised that next week, after the finale episode of SIX FEET UNDER airs on Sunday night, they're going to have a tribute retrospective show on its five year run. That special broadcast will be on Monday night.

At least, I think that was what was said. That flew by VERY quickly, and I was still in a kind of paralysis from the episode that had just concluded.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2005, 08:31:27 PM »

Since "blame" works both ways, I am grateful that DR Jose is to blame for Hulk Hogan being older than myself.

:-*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2005, 08:51:27 PM »

All right, the midnight hour is approaching, and that signals bedtime to my eyelids.

Have a good rest of the evening. Good night, all.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2005, 09:03:43 PM »

The job keeps getting more and more interesting.

Earlier this week, I was asked if I would be interested in staying on beyond Labor Day.  The people asking, all in management, reminded me that it would mean a cut in pay; the great wages were only intended for the summer season, when the Rehoboth tourists add substantially to the market's business.  But heck, they told me that there would be a pay cut back when I was hired in the first place, so there's no news there.  I of course said yes, I'd love to stay on the staff.  It's a job I enjoy, and I'm learning a lot, including about myself.

Today, the management told me of a change in my work schedule.  Not more hours, they've already got me scheduled for 36 this week, which ain't bad for part time work.  No, they've switched my day off from Saturday to Friday...and the time I'm working on Saturday to a shift that starts at seven in the evening to one in the morning!

Most people would probably be less than thrilled with this, but I think it's a fantastic opportunity to learn another aspect of the job, working a very late shift with a very different clientelle and a very different rhythm to how the work gets done.

OK, I'm a little strange.  But this is going to be one fantastic week.

(And der B is very happy that I'll be with him to ladsit on Friday.)

Jason

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2005, 09:06:45 PM »

I was just shaving for Berniece - she prefers her men clean shaven (she works better that way, if you get my meaning) - when I looked down and thought to myself, "Hmm...would you look at that? This shaving cream is pink! I don't remember buying pink shaving cream!" Then I noticed the three (THREE!) bloody cuts on my chin and jaw. I'm now plastered with Kleenex in an attempt to stop the bloodshed.

The things I do for Berniece. She better appreciate and recognize!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2005, 09:16:21 PM »

I believe they were, and these Panavision movies were released in full frame editions. Most everyone I know is not buying them.

I made it my mission to impress upon the library selectors where I work to (attemt to) specify the widescreen versions of DVDs that they order if there is a choice and for the most part they have been converted.  When juvenile DVDs are purchased, however, they still tend to get the full-frame editions because kids don't know from widescreen and if they ever watch it on broadcast TV, it's full-frame and that's what they want, so that's what they get. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2005, 09:17:35 PM »

And Carolyn Keaney!  Wasn't she in HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL?  Or am I thinking of someone else....not the Carol Ohmart role, the heroine?

You are thinking of Carolyn Craig who was in HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL.

FJL

« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2005, 10:05:06 PM »

Hmmm...all this talk these days  of LENNON being a "popsical" rather than a jukebox musical is making me hungry.    

FJL

« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2005, 10:08:39 PM »

DR Jason - not to try to one-up you on your bleeding while shaving story, but I had to pop a nasty blister the other day, so hopefully that makes you feel better.

Talking about that certainly made me lose my appetiete for that popsicle, anyway.

FJL

« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2005, 10:27:05 PM »

Just saw one of the HHW catchphrases on the West Coast board of another site - but I imagine that was more a tribute to HHW and Bruce than a steal.

FJL

« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2005, 10:45:02 PM »

DR Jason - I used to work with a lady named Bernice.  She was a facsinating lady, although the work we did in that office made me feel like falling asleep.  

FJL

« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2005, 10:46:47 PM »

On that note, I'd better get to sleep.   Sorry I didn't make it to page 7, but maybe someone will.

FJL

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2005, 10:48:38 PM »

Goodnight, DR Tomovoz, whatever time it is where you are.

George

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2005, 11:13:03 PM »

DR Jason - not to try to one-up you on your bleeding while shaving story, but I had to pop a nasty blister the other day, so hopefully that makes you feel better.

Talking about that certainly made me lose my appetiete for that popsicle, anyway.

Thank you for sharing. :P

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2005, 11:13:12 PM »

Last week, I was watching "Kathy Griffin:  My Life on the D-List" (I LOVE this show!) and her husband Matt has the CPAP.  They went to Vegas for some fund-raising poker game and they showed him putting it on.  I saw that and thought Jason has one of those! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2005, 12:02:40 AM »

FJL - what was the catch phrase?  Damn them, damn them all to hell.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up