Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK  (Read 22007 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:03:47 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've digested the notes, the notes have digested you, and now it is time for you to post until the jam-packed and jelly-filled cows come home.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:04:49 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE JAM-PACKED AND JELLY-FILLED WEEK
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:04:31 AM »

And the word of the day is: IGNOBLE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 12:05:37 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:20:12 AM »

It's after midnight and all these food allusions are making me hungry.  Since it's late, I'm just going to deal with it.  Actually, I do have some oatmeal that just might hit the spot, so I'm going to hit the spot with the oatmeal.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 12:22:23 AM »

After such an incredible Saturday of posts, how did we enter such WUSSBURGER territory?

I love me biscuits and gravy for breakfast, with two over medium eggs.  I love me bacon and eggs with breakfast potatoes.  I especially love me my Eggs Benedict, which I've had twice in the last three days.  I love me my Du-Par's pancakes.  I remember somewhere I had the most divoon biscuits and gravy, maybe in Louisville or Lexington, but definitely on that road trip where I was touring in a show all over these United States in 1966.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 12:35:08 AM »

All right, PEOPLE, I am not ready to toddle off to the bedroom environment yet.  I am in the mood to DANCE.  For example, I am now doing the Lambada (The Forbidden Dance).  

George

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 12:35:57 AM »

Mmmm...oatmeal is good.  

As for restaurant breakfasts, IHOP is always good, usually.  Taco Bell used to have country breakfast burritos that I loved, but then they got rid of their breakfast menu and the country breakfast burritos are no more. :'(

A local restaurant (that also is no more) had a breakfast of biscuits and country gravy that was the best.  They had locally produced organic and home made everything, including their ketchup and jams.  They closed earlier this year because the owner went back to Tibet (no, really!), where he came from.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 12:36:40 AM »

Biscuits & Gravy is always good with a mess of eggs and bacon or sausage, and a side of grits slathered in butter and nicely peppered.  Was it a Cracker Barrel, perhaps, where you had your biscuits and gravy, BK?  They used to be a staple there.  Of course, biscuits and gravy is pretty much a staple of any breakfast in the south.

I like breakfast usually late at night, somewhere between one and three.  The Pantry used to be a great place for breakfast, though I've not been there for years.

George

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 12:40:20 AM »

"The American Grill," the restaurant that is no more, included eggs with the biscuits and gravy breakfast.  They had a lot of different breakfasts and lunches.  All very good. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 12:43:41 AM »

Can we go to The Pantry NOW???

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 12:44:31 AM »

I may have to do my third breakfast in a row when I awaken, 'cause I'm in that breakfast mode.   I wonder if there are any good biscuits and gravy around these here parts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 12:45:57 AM »

I don't do sausage often, but every now and then I like them instead of bacon.  And I like ham, if it's more ham steaky than thin-sliced.

And I lovel buttered rye toast.

Holey moley on rye, I want breakfast NOW.

Snatch breakfast, anyone?

George

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 01:03:17 AM »

Breakfast for dinner is always good.

George

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

Don't you hate it when you're watching a tape of a TV show but then you forget you're watching a tape and you sit their waiting for the commercials to get through?  I hate it when that happens...like it's happening right now. :P I keep forgetting that I'm watching a tape!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:07:32 AM by George »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 01:09:17 AM »

Pantry now?  Are you driving?  I'm too tired and will definitely be after coming back with a gut full of breakfast grub.

George

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 01:13:09 AM »

Well, I'm going to hit the hay.  Good night, CP and BK and guests!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 02:10:41 AM »

I usually don’t have breakfast at any other place than my home environment, butonly during my trip.
I wrote about my ideal breakfast in Hawaii before and this time… how about in Los Angeles.
I’d like to try Du-Par's pancakes for my breakfast, since dear BK often mentions it as his favorite. Is that the one you had when you were in Los Angeles last time, DR JANE?  How did you like it?

I now like to have English Muffins with melted butter and strawberry/apricot jam for my breakfast.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 02:11:31 AM »

What a beautiful landscape! Thank you, DR JOSE for the nice photos and Congratulations on reaching 8000 posts!!!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 02:13:41 AM »

Lots of fun! Thank you for the great photos, DR MBarnum. Ms. Shirly Jones looks CUTE! She must have completely forgetten to get old for these twenty years.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 02:16:15 AM »

Sorry, but I'm always belated...

Belated Birthday Wishes to you, DR STUART!!!
Hope you had a beautiful, beautiful birthday.

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 05:00:19 AM »

Favorite breakfast:  the coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans.  Happily, they have a mix which is just super.

Normally, I eat a small breakfast simply because I can't face the volume of food that early in the morning, nothing to do with eating healthy (!), but end up eating breakfast food for another meal.  Especially on Saturdays at the office during tax season, an early lunch (since they only serve it until 11) might consist of the very classy McGriddle, one of the finest fast food inventions of whatever century they were invented in, or an equally healthy Egg McMuffin.

In my much much younger days, they used to start serving breakfast at midnight at the BK (Burger King, that is) across from TKTS, so I used to wait until at least midnight before heading home from a night of theater or a night of frivolity, so that I could get that piping hot, fresh sausage and cheese croissant before heading home.  In those days, I worked out like a demon and could easily process that kind of food at midnight; these days, if I eat breakfast at midnight, I just end up feeling like I'm gained another five pounds the next day.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 05:09:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  DRJose, kudos on 8000!  Your acceptance speech left out what I thought for you was the most important question:"What are you doing New Year's Eve?"   By the way, your photos, and DRMBarnum's, last night were beautiful.  I've had two wonderful experiences with Williamstown, once as an audience and once as an employee, and your photos brought back a lot of plasant memories.

This morning, I have some GOLDEN APPLE info to send Mr Jonathan Tunick, and then I'm taking beloved goddaughter Charlotte to see THE WEDDING CRASHERS.  I may work a bit after that on the cruise line shows.  The meeting yesterday on the Chicago Humanities Harold Arlen concert went very well.  I was also happy to learn that a certain ego-inflated over-the-hill, flash-in-the-pan conductor just pulled one more stunt to hang himself.  Can't wait!

TOD:  Breakfast?  For me, it's usually a doughnut and coffee because there's a great doughnut shop on 14th and Seventh Ave.  If it's a festive occasion, the breakfast at "Good Enough to Eat" is quite lovely, and I usuallyu have either an omelette and sausage or French toast.  And lots of orange juice.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 05:10:47 AM »

Good morning, DRFJL!  Tell Skip I send my regards to him also.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 05:21:06 AM »

There is a decent restaurant nearby that will serve you an omlette of your choice, a side (I chose potatoes) and a bagel.

But at home I usually forgo as I hate to cook in the morning.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 05:40:20 AM »

Good morning, DR elmore.  Skip says to send his best to you as well!  

Skip's actually eating a full breakfast, with eggs and cheese and stuff, and it's all on his diet, on which he's been doing extremely well.  Maybe it's time for me to start eating more in the morning, if that might make me eat less the rest of the day.  (I didn't even know Jose when I stopped eating right, but I blame Jose for my inability to eat right, if that's OK.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 05:41:48 AM by FJL »

Jennifer

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 06:12:54 AM »

DR Jose, ah you are talking about TREY from THE OC.  I didn't know who you meant was working with you till i saw the pic. Thanks!

Btw, for big brother fans (here is some comment on last night's show):

Did you guys think they portrayed jen as a very nice girl!  It was like a totally different person. She seemed so sweet. Yuck! I hate when they do that.  She is not sweet at all.

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 06:17:39 AM »

My favorite breakfast? I like blueberry pancakes.  I don't love any type of eggs that i've tried.  I used to like going to the IHOP (they don't have them here).  And I also used to like eating McD's egg mcmuffin and hashbrowns (although i rarely eat that).  We don't have taco bell. Although the thing here is breakfast restaurants (that are called Egg something (all with a different last name)). But i have not been to any of them! :(

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 06:28:53 AM »

Cute kitties , DR Cillaliz!
Left one is a tortoiseshell cat (not sure how to call them in English)??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 06:39:23 AM »

Good Morning!

As for breakfast.... well, I just had a bowl of oatmeal...  In any case...

Corned Beef Hash with Two Eggs over easy - and I prefer my hash crispy at the edges.   So hard to find good hash nowadays - especially the real stuff made with "real stuff", and not out of a can.

I also remember that my brothers and I just loved toast - Wonder Bread, lightly toasted, then slathered with already softened butter.  There were times when the four of us would go through a whole loaf in one sitting.  -A whole loaf between the four of us, not each of us having a whole loaf - although, that probably could have been possible.  Of course, part of the allure, was "cooking" the toast - such a fun cooking contraption the pop-up toaster is!

Similarly, my father would wake up on some weekends, and start making a big pancake breakfast for everyone.  He would just man the stove, and we would all just stuff our faces.  Bacon and/or sausage, eggs - scrambled and fried, toast - butter and jelly, and orange juice.  YUM!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 06:39:56 AM »

Well, rehearsal starts in 20 minutes, but before I go...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up