Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HIT ME WITH A HOT NOTES AND WATCH ME BOUNCE  (Read 33082 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:HIT ME WITH A HOT NOTES AND WATCH ME BOUNCE
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »

Hmmm...  Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 11:18am Eastern... Noted!

;)

You hold me to that now!    ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2005, 08:30:47 AM »

Oops. I can't do a picture page three dance right now. The scanner is upstairs, and I'm downstairs.

Jason

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005, 08:32:29 AM »

Boy, I just read in VARIETY that John Lithgow was on vacation from DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS the entire week after I was in NYC. We lucked out with that one just like our luck was bad with SPAMALOT (as far as seeing stars, that is; thoroughly enjoyed the show even without Tim Curry).

Yes, and according to Playbill.com today, DRS' percentages went down by 17% last week. YIKES!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2005, 08:33:34 AM »

DR Jason - Is it possible that you may have gotten up to go the bathroom sometime earlier in the night?  and then just forgot to put the mask back on? Or are you sure you fell asleep with it on?  -Maybe you were just really tired last night before going to bed and "forgot"?  Or is it possible that your Greek actually came into your room to kiss you goodnight, and he took your mask off to do so and forgot to put it back on for you?  Or... ??

???

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2005, 08:35:06 AM »

Well, I have a brief meeting at Noon, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2005, 08:38:10 AM »

DR Jason - Is it possible that you may have gotten up to go the bathroom sometime earlier in the night?  and then just forgot to put the mask back on? Or are you sure you fell asleep with it on?  -Maybe you were just really tired last night before going to bed and "forgot"?  Or is it possible that your Greek actually came into your room to kiss you goodnight, and he took your mask off to do so and forgot to put it back on for you?  Or... ??

???

;)

I think I'd remember if the Greek showed up for a goodnight kiss. Hell, at this point, I'd remember if the Greek showed up for a handshake!

I am positive that I went to bed wearing the mask. 1000%. It was the last thing I did before I laid down and all the straps were done up nice and tight, but not too tight. In fact, I remembered thinking, ooh! This actually feels like it's just right tonight. The next thing I know, the mask is on the nightstand and I was very confused. I figured since I was up I should use the toilet and I came back to bed at which point I put the mask on again and went back to sleep.

I don't know how it happened. According to the literature I've been reading, it happens frequently when a patient is still adjusting to CPAP.

Maybe my roommate was playing a trick on me. Or maybe the Greek really did sneak into my room during the night and it wasn't just a dream that I was having! OH JOY! RAPTURE!

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2005, 08:44:18 AM »

Yes, and according to Playbill.com today, DRS' percentages went down by 17% last week. YIKES!

I know I would have been SORELY disappointed if he had been gone when we saw it. With Tim Curry, there were plenty of other folks to keep us occupied (and John Bolton with his goatee looked like a young, blonde Tim Curry), but Lithgow is SUCH a huge part of the show that his absence would be keenly felt.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2005, 08:46:18 AM »

SPAMALOT set a house record the week we saw it at the Shubert even without Tim Curry. And last week, it set another house record. I don't know if Curry was still gone or not.

SPELLING BEE and WICKED have both set house records for each of the last two weeks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 08:47:01 AM by Matt H. »

Jason

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2005, 08:48:33 AM »

I just realized how "off" my verb tenses are in my last post. I've been bad about that lately. Skammen! Oh well....I'm too lazy to correct them at this point. :)

td

• td
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2005, 08:51:58 AM »

DRs who mention cameras usually treat us by posting pictures from same. So we look forward with anticipation...
....then again
nevermind!

der Brucer

You mean like this?

All this talk about "the Greek" makes me think about *my* chef:

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2005, 08:53:35 AM »

SPAMALOT set a house record the week we saw it at the Shubert even without Tim Curry. And last week, it set another house record. I don't know if Curry was still gone or not.

SPELLING BEE and WICKED have both set house records for each of the last two weeks.

And nearly 18 years in, PHANTOM is still selling at 100.3%. I know many of you don't like the show, but WOW! That's pretty impressive...

Jason

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2005, 08:54:34 AM »

DR TD: Who is Kris??

FJL

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2005, 08:55:08 AM »

DR Jason - Thanks so much for the plug.  Skip and I really appreciate it.

As to swing music - I guess my real exposure to swing music was through the original cast album of SOPHISTICATED LADIES, which was one of my favorite albums for a long time - it was also the first show I ever paid full price to see twice.  I also loved, and played over and over, the Tony Awards Show presentation of "Sing Sing Sing" from DANCIN' - that rendition was my favorite.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2005, 09:04:36 AM »

And nearly 18 years in, PHANTOM is still selling at 100.3%. I know many of you don't like the show, but WOW! That's pretty impressive...

And I think the movie version is what has given new life to this doddering show. Folks want to see all that spectacle live. Same thing happened with CHICAGO when that movie came out. Gave it a new lease on life.

Wonder if the same will happen to RENT and THE PRODUCERS. They're still doing fine but far from selling out.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2005, 09:05:15 AM »

Well, I have a brief meeting at Noon,

I thought you wore Jockeys ::)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

td

• td
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2005, 09:07:01 AM »

DR TD: Who is Kris??

DR Jason, Kris is the executive chef at the last restaurant I worked at, saying anything more would be quite unseemly. . . . :-X

td

• td
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2005, 09:07:44 AM »

I thought you wore Jockeys ::)

I thought horses wore jockeys. . . .

NO GROANING ON HHW!

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2005, 09:08:16 AM »

Well, a friend is due here any minute and bringing lunch with him. Quite a treat from the usual. Back later.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2005, 09:08:57 AM »

The scanner is upstairs, and I'm downstairs.

Are things so structured in the New South that you can't send the downstairs maid upstairs to fetch the scanner.

der Brucer

Jason

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2005, 09:09:57 AM »

DR Jason, Kris is the executive chef at the last restaurant I worked at, saying anything more would be quite unseemly. . . . :-X

I see... Saying more about the Greek would be unseemly, as well. To my knowledge, and much to my dismay, the Greek thinks we are strictly platonic. As I'd rather have the Greek as a friend than not have the Greek at all, I pine away in silence.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2005, 09:19:29 AM »

Good morning, all.  I am now at work and having my coffee.

That said, I spent most of last evening watching the BB6 live feeds and visiting chat rooms to see how people reacted.

"Big Brother 6" SPOILAGE:

I, too, missed the explosion.  Yet it was relived for everyone all through the night with April repeating what he said over and over and over and over and over...and embellishing with each re-telling.  As late as lights out, she said that Howie wouldn't let up on her husband and her dog (LIE!).  He made his husband/doggy remarks only once, but he was relentless in his repeated demands that she pack her bags and leave immediately.  This went on for quite a while.

April has lied like this once before.  She voiced an objection to Michael's "handsiness" to Eric...and Eric got mad and talked to Michael and told him it was sexual abuse.  After that, when Eric would ask her if he was still touching her (he never went near her again), April lied to Eric and told him Michael had not stopped  and that enraged Eric even more.

April is a very unbalanced person.  If anything negative comes of her tenure in BB6, it will be her own actions that are her undoing.

As for John Powell at CANOE_Jam, DR Jennifer is getting the same vibes I am from him.  He's not happy with Howie...but then, he hasn't forgiven him for ruining the Alliance of 6.  I, personally, think John is being a bit uptight about what went down last night, but he has said he needs to evaluate it some more.

It was clear to me, after Janelle and Beau had to be physically restrained from attacking one another, that Janelle, even though she was quite inebriated, was following a plan hatched by Howie.  She and Howie settled in and laughed about the havoc they'd created in the house.

April has hopes BB will penalize or evict Janelle for her actions...ditto Howie.  But as John Powell astutely points out, they do much worse in other BB shows around the world.  Food and drink get thrown into the faces of other contestants during rows.  As long as physical threats are not made, there are "no rules".

I'm very concerned that BB's solution to yesterday's rows was to throw alcohol and pizza at it.  The row at the end of the evening was even worse than the row after nominations.

Everything I read in the BB chat room was "Go get 'em, Howie!" and "You tell him, Janelle"...and no one in the chat room admits to favoring JamBitch.

James is a piece of work.  His talk with Maggie last night was so over-the-top-obvious...and to her credit, I could tell she saw straight through him.

"YApril", the sob sister supreme, has finally started getting a little payback for all the lying and character-assassinating and other evil little things she's been doing since entering the BB house.

It's not nearly enough...not yet.

To her credit, her "Why me?" whines are beginning to tick everyone off!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 09:26:06 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2005, 09:20:27 AM »

Well, a friend is due here any minute and bringing lunch with him. Quite a treat from the usual. Back later.

Yes, I can imagine.  I quite hate it when friends show up at lunch time with NOTHING.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2005, 09:21:13 AM »

Are things so structured in the New South that you can't send the downstairs maid upstairs to fetch the scanner.

der Brucer

Alas, we only have upstairs maids any more.  And they don't fetch.  We have to provide everything and then help them with their work.

td

• td
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2005, 09:21:40 AM »

DR Jason, you can pine on my shoulder. . .

td

• td
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2005, 09:22:17 AM »

Alas, we only have upstairs maids any more.  And they don't fetch.  We have to provide everything and then help them with their work.

And they're all named "Velma."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2005, 09:27:34 AM »

Not yet, Vixmom - but we're counting!

Jason

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2005, 09:28:53 AM »

TD: You have photos of The Greek in your inbox...

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2005, 09:31:51 AM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILERS.

Not sure if this link will work for any of you who care, but apparently someone archived the fight between april and howie:

http://www.csnetserver.com/bb/6/howie_tears_april.avi

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2005, 09:35:17 AM »

BIG BROTHER SPOILERS

It's very clear that Janelle and Howie are doing this intentionally. Last night in the gold bedroom they said as much and were laughing about the row between Beau and Janelle right after it happened.  They intend to keep it up. That was the conversation where Janelle said BB had threatened a penalty nomination and she laughed saying "I'm already nominated!"

DERBRUCER

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2005, 09:36:12 AM »

TD: You have photos of The Greek in your inbox...
Ah, beware of Greeks being gifts!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up