Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: CELL PHONE COLD TURKEY LURKEY DAY  (Read 30704 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CELL PHONE COLD TURKEY LURKEY DAY
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2005, 08:38:35 PM »

Now, once again, good night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

"Tomorrow" IS my "Annie" day.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon of joyous musical theater.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2005, 08:42:23 PM »

Argh! Before I go, Page 9 Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2005, 08:43:35 PM »

"Maybe" you can tell us about it "tomorrow."  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2005, 08:44:20 PM »

Now, once and for all, good night.

MBarnum

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »

LOL! TCB he talks about the JOLLY GENIE...it does look very strange...he has not been able to find a copy of the film at all...I must search for one!

I will have to let him know that you and Rodzinski both knew who he was!

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2005, 08:46:29 PM »

Wow! What a lot of posts to catch up on

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2005, 08:46:50 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about OZDEREK

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2005, 08:47:05 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Ron!

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2005, 08:48:35 PM »

I have a friend who doesn't donate through Red Cross or Salvation Army, but he does donate via Americares.  I don't really know anything about them, but they have a website at www.americares.com

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2005, 08:49:44 PM »

Congrats DR JOSE!  I can't wait to hear what show it is!  Now I know I'll be making a trip to NYC in the spring.

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »

Dorky PottyDoodle here, I'm looking forward to BB6 tomorrow night. I actually think putting up Beau and Ivette was a good idea. It will force the friendship to make a real decision. If it stays the same, I am very curious to see who Maggie and April vote off

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2005, 08:55:01 PM »

BB6
CBS has posted a notice that feeds are blocked until after Saturday night's show. What a jerky thing to do.

Jason

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2005, 08:56:06 PM »

When I was a freshman in college, our choir commissioned a secular requiem by Roland Martin, a composer/organist/professor from Rochester, NY. His Requiem da Camara was absolutely beautiful and I had the honor of being the solo vocalist in the opening movement. Mine was the first voice to sing his music and some wonderful poetry. One of the movements - the third one, I believe - was an a cappella setting of Christina Rosetti's "Rest." It's a beautiful text and was quite moving even at such a young and inexperienced age. Four years later, in my final choral performance at that school, we performed the Requiem again and I reprised my duties as soloist. It was a nice bookend to my life at school, but was far more moving as we had lost two members of our choir the previous school year - one of whom was a very dear friend. She died of heart failure at the age of 22 during a rehearsal in our Opera Workshop class. We were all there to witness it.

Every time I think of Erin, I remember the text from Ms. Rosetti's poem and it comforts me. If you'll allow me, I'd like to share with all of you:

"Rest"
by Christina Rosetti

O Earth, lie heavily upon her eyes;
Seal her sweet eyes weary of watching, Earth;
Lie close around her; leave no room for mirth
With its harsh laughter, nor for sound of sighs.
She hath no questions, she hath no replies,
Hushed in and curtained with a blessed dearth
Of all that irked her from the hour of birth;
With stillness that is almost Paradise.
Darkness more clear than noon-day holdeth her,
Silence more musical than any song;
Even her very heart hath ceased to stir;
Until the morning of Eternity
Her rest shall not begin nor end, but be;
And when she wakes she will not think it long.

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2005, 08:56:58 PM »

MSNBC is showing the concert for Hurricane Relief right now, if you want to donate through them  1-800-HELP NOW.  It's starting with some great Dixieland music ....now Harry Connick. I may stay up for this

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:06 PM »

DR derBRUCER posted my favorite Christina Rosetti poem: REMEMBER ME.

Quoted of course by Cloris Leachman in Kiss Me, Deadly!

Watching WHERE THE BOYS ARE and heading into a BOLLYWOOD movie on TCM.  If any DR has never seen a Bollywood movie, give this one a try. It starts at 2 p.m. EST.

DR MBARNUM - that is one of the MOST disturbing photographs I have ever seen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »

LOL....interesting telephone story, MR BK.  I bet you were the topic of conversation not only on her cell phone, but at her dinner table tonight.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2005, 09:45:10 PM »

We went to Sonic tonight and I got a chocolate peanut butter malt. It's yummy!

That's all I have to say, except that I will be wasting a perfectly wonderful three-day weekend writing a paper. And then I get to start on a research paper, and by then Dr. C. will have some kind of unseemly paperage for me to do.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 09:45:35 PM by Sandra »
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2005, 09:55:20 PM »

I'm back from a huge dinner at The Smoke House.  I'm really full, but considering it was my only meal o' the day, I'm probably okay.  I had a bowl of clam chowder (the best anywhere), about four or five pieces of garlic cheese bread (they're fairly small, so it's really like eating two pieces of bread), the Combo Louis (I had a lot of dressing, but less than I usually do), and we all shared some chocolate cake thing for dessert, and I only had two bites of that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2005, 10:07:28 PM »

As far as cell phones, I use mine mainly for long distance.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from Fairfax.  The train ride back was uneventful, a little late arriving in DC, but a nice ride.  Oh, and it was a packed, sold out train.  Yes, it was the start of a holiday weekend.  Of course, there were those idiots trying to "save" the seat next to them so that they could have a "row" to themselves even after the repeated announcements that each and every seat would be needed.  Thankfully, the conductors were checking everyone, "Excuse me, are you using that seat next to you?  Do you have two tickets?"  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2005, 10:16:53 PM »

DR TPunk - There's a story in the New York Blade about the sudden closing of The Big Cup.  -And I have to wonder where the under 21 crowd will be gathering now.  I guess the Starbucks a few doors down will be extending their hours.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2005, 10:30:27 PM »

I spent this afternoon recording a few more demos for Triangle at Curtis' home studio.  One of the young women who was in the show up at WTF came in to record her song.  We had originally set aside two hours to get the song done since she was having problems with the song while at WTF.  In her "defense", it's also a little rhythmically difficult.  However, Lindsey really came through.  We did a test run/take, and it was perfect.  Then we did two more complete takes just to have stuff to pick and choose from, and those were perfect too.  We were done in 45 minutes.  So...

Since we had the time, we went ahead and did a joke take.  Basically Lindsey just Britney'd, Christina'd, American Idol'd the song to within an inch of it's life.  Just soooo wrong.  But lots of fun!

The second half of the afternoon was spent doing another demo of "Daughter's Hand".  Since our original Vincenzo was not available, Curtis and Tom brought in one of their friends, Jeff Edgerton.  Jeff had actually done the demo for the first version of the song - which appears on trickybox.com - so he was familiar with most of the song, and he learned the new parts very quickly.  A couple of takes later we were done.

:)

*I also got to "thank" Jeff for challenging me at auditions by inspiring many a young, aspiring actor to sing "The Old Red Hills from Home".  He was in the original cast of Parade and he sang the opening number - and is on the CD.

Hmm... Guess I need to look at that song again before I head to Charlotte next weekend.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2005, 10:34:10 PM »

RE: The Food and Walking Tour and Rosh Hoshanah.

When I do my test runs, I'll be sure to check to see what places might be closed that day.  However, I have a feeling most of the places I have in mind will be open.  But I guess there is the possibility that Artie's could be closed.  If it is, maybe we could meet at Joe Allen.  -It is the official restaurant of Haines His Way, is it not?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2005, 10:46:54 PM »

And a big Thank You to everyone for their well-wishes and congrats regarding my pending employment.

And, yes, the show will be Lestat, the new Elton John/Bernie Taupin show based on Anne Rice's "Interview with the Vampire" and "The Vampire Lestat".  The exact start date has yet to be set, but it's looking like I'll be starting rehearsals in late March.  -Which is perfect timing!  I finish Damn Yankees the first week of February, and then I'll have a couple of weeks to get resettled back in New York on a full-time basis, and maybe even fit in a little vacation.

I owe many, many thanks to the conductor for working out all the details for me.  He was the one who "requested" me to the contractor, and since I've never worked directly for this contractor, the contractor could have nixed the conductor's suggestion.  Thankfully, the contractor trusts the conductor, so...  I have a job.

Frankly, I wasn't expecting to be brought on board this early.  But I'm not complaining.  No sirree!

:)

So...

The show better do well in San Francisco!!!
*DRs Ron Pulliam and Matthew - Do either of you know any of the reviewer's for the newspapers out there?
;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2005, 11:45:39 PM »

And who is the conductor?

Everyone has deserted the site.  It's the start of a long weekend, how can we have this many WUSSBURGERS?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up