Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SHALL WE DANCE?  (Read 26668 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SHALL WE DANCE?
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2005, 02:02:06 PM »

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I've opened the door to page 4!

..but I'm not dancin'...nosiree.

I've tired, am seated, and I just don't want to Pick Myself Up!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:03:41 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2005, 02:02:38 PM »

DR Matthew - I have that two LP set of Song & Dance with Sara Brightman.  It's sitting in my storage unit as I type this.  Should I check out what it's going for on e-Bay?  Or should you just e-mail me privately?

;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:03:34 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »

I also have the LP of Matador with Tom Jones.  Interested?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2005, 02:06:03 PM »

Speaking of eBay, I lost an auction recently in which I was the highest bidder up until the last second, in which i was sound asleep. I was bidding on an LP of ALW's "Song and Dance" starring Sarah Brightman.  It was never transfered to CD (for obvious reasons) If anyone has a lead on that recording, feel free to pitch it my way. :)  

Did it never really get transferred to CD (for obvious reasons)?  I could have sworn I saw both the Marti Webb and Brightman recordings in the CD bins at one time.  I seem to remember checking the labels closely since the cover art was the same.

Maybe so, maybe not.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2005, 02:09:42 PM »

DR Danise - Great pictures of the squirrel!

And I have to say, I think you're the first person I've come across who actually wants to feed the squirrels.  Most of my bird-feeding, bird-watching friends spend most of their time trying to find ways to prevent the squirrels from feeding in their garden.

-And it's amazing all the different types of feeds and feeders that are out there to stop squirrels from feasting on the bird food.  And it's even more amazing to watch the squirrels figure out how to bypass all the roadblocks!

...And then to watch the facial expressions of my friends as they watch the squirrels continue to do their thing.  Now that's comedy!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2005, 02:11:16 PM »

Too bad we can't post different avatars under our own screenname at the same time.  I was thinking it would have been neat to hold down the "Page Down" button on the previous page and watch DR Ron Pulliam in action like one of those flip books.

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2005, 02:12:02 PM »

OK - I've been summoned to the kitchen to wash some dishes...  And then I think I'm gonna head out for a while and get outside while the sun is still out.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2005, 02:18:49 PM »

Did it never really get transferred to CD (for obvious reasons)?  I could have sworn I saw both the Marti Webb and Brightman recordings in the CD bins at one time.  I seem to remember checking the labels closely since the cover art was the same.

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've seen the Sarah Brightman version on cassette and of course, I own the Marti Webb version on CD.  I've never seen the SB on CD.  The SB LP went for almost $20 in eBay, it's on my "watching" list on eBay, so it may come up again.  If you wanted to get rid of it, we could talk :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2005, 02:28:01 PM »

I've seen the Sarah Brightman version on cassette and of course, I own the Marti Webb version on CD.  I've never seen the SB on CD.  The SB LP went for almost $20 in eBay, it's on my "watching" list on eBay, so it may come up again.  If you wanted to get rid of it, we could talk :)

Only $20?  I was hoping you'd say it went for around $80 or more.  ;)

I haven't played the LPs since I got rid of my record player ten years ago, so... But I have taken good care of them.  There are a few I do want to keep for sentimental reasons - Sunday In The Park With George and Sweeney Todd (I also just love the large booklets!) - oh and Merrily We Roll Along with it's window cutout cover - but that's about it.

If you can tell me the proper and safe way to ship an LP...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2005, 02:33:58 PM »

Hmmm... Things you come across while reading the Travel Section...

When you gotta go, you gotta go...

It's the P-Mate!

For more info, check out:

http://www.goyourway.net

*And they even sell CDs too?!?!?!?

Don't get caught with your pants down!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:35:24 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2005, 02:35:26 PM »

yesterday it was mentioned taht a new song was added to Annie (Why Should I Change a Thing.)

This was not the first time. A new song was added for the Nell Carter/John Schuck (again) revival. The song was You Make Me Happy. It was sung after NYC for Miss Hannigan and Grace. It was according to Charnin written for Carter and when she left the song was dropped never to be used again.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2005, 02:44:39 PM »

We are back after a very interesting afternoon at the Reliving Veterans' History Festival, which was held on the grounds of the Dayton VA Medical Center.  It's the third oldest veterans' health care site in the US and an underappreciated (IMHO) historic treasure in the Dayton area.  You can visit the virtual museum at:

www.dayton.med.va.gov/museum

The American Veterans Heritage Center has been established to repair and preserve four of the historic buildings, with the Home Chapel being their highest priority.  The chapel, opened in 1870, was the first permanent church ever built by the US government.  Here is the only photo I took today:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:46:48 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2005, 02:56:34 PM »

I do not like when they add these new songs to shows that do not need new songs, that are proven hits.  Oh, it can work one out of one thousand times (Old Fashioned Wedding) but usually the new songs are never as good as the rest of the score and stick out like sore thumbs.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2005, 02:58:26 PM »

Wow, has it been a while or what?

A nice nostalgic feeling swept over me as I began reading BK’s notes for today. I regret that I have been errant and truant for months, but as we all know, life becomes more and more hectic each day, and I find myself not touching the computer for days on end, too consumed by my never ending schedule.

Thank you to those who posted messages/sent me an email on my birthday. The last week of summer marked my 18th birthday…it has been 3 years since I first dropped by HHW (back when the comments were ON THE NOTES PAGE…*gasp*) and there are still some familiar faces and names J.

With my senior year starting, I already had a heap of activities on my plate. For the month of July, I was at the University of Richmond participating in the Governor’s School, which is a program for gifted and talented rising juniors and seniors to go and experience the college life studying their area of talent. I was selected to go for vocal music, but the program was about much more than just music. With no phones, computers, or televisions available to us (sort of), we were basically cut off from the real world, and completely submerged into an academic environment that really, really suited me.

(August 1st was an interesting day. Nobody had thought to mention the bombings in London to us, and so I spent the better part of my evening at home on the computer, scrounging the internet for any leftover articles on what was happening in the world.)

For the rest of August I worked, stopping only occasionally for the rare party, senior pictures, and a Ben Folds/Rufus Wainwright concert where we were moved to the front row. Sheer bliss.

School started this past Monday, and already I am involved as the President of the Choir program, President of The Thespian Council, Vice President of the Senior Class Council, I am on the board of a local foundation aimed to help teenagers get involved with theatre to stay out of trouble, I am starting a Hurricane Aid Donation for the school, as well as taking a full high school schedule, and a Spanish 101 class at a local community college. All of this on top of tutoring new French students and a part-time job.

I hope that suffices as an excuse for not being around, although I have a feeling nothing will J.

Our school is putting on a production of Noises Off this fall, and although I wasn’t planning on auditioning, the director pulled me aside last week to confirm that I would be at the auditions. He even said he would double cast the role in case I am accepted into the Virginia Honors Choir, which is the same weekend. Normally I wouldn’t dream of adding something else onto my schedule, but I am in love with the character of Dotty, and hearing him tell me this makes me think I have more of a shot at being cast. We shall see.
As nice as it would be, I’m afraid I have no room in my schedule for any romance. Someday, perhaps.

Well now that you know my life story, I must depart. Homework, laundry, cleaning, and planning to do. Life never stops, huh? Bummer.

Email me please!

(Swishy) Sarah.

PS- A photo of me/best friend Brandon at the Governors School...basically the only photo of myself I have ever liked. Ever.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

I discovered my laserdiscs misalphabetized the other night. Not that there is ANY danger of buying two of the same copy, but I could not fathom how on earth those lasers got out of order. Still don't know how it happened. Anyway, they're all in their proper places now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2005, 03:02:23 PM »

Looks like two frenzies at a time to me, DRs Ron and Jose.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »

Hmmmm.......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2005, 03:08:01 PM »

Did DRCP ever see NORTH BY NORTHWEST?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2005, 03:08:22 PM »

And the ANNIE score is LONG enough as it is. There are plenty of songs for every principal character.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2005, 03:09:57 PM »

Well, I had a marvelous afternoon eat, drinking, suning, and swimming. My friend served a marvelous brunch, and I got three DVDs to conclude my birthday gifts: WHITE HEAT, KINSEY, and DESIGNING WOMAN (the Gregory Peck-Lauren Bacall comedy).

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »

The sun was tremendously cooperative today. It was warm but humidity was low, and it would accommodate us by occasionally going behind big, fluffy clouds to give us a temporary respite from its heat.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 03:12:06 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2005, 03:13:04 PM »

The downside is that I did not get the lawn mowed this morning, so tomorrow morning, bright and early, that it the #1 priority for me. The front yard gets a trim.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »

Want to remind those so interested that the second episode of ROME is showing tonight.

It's also the season finales of both ENTOURAGE and THE COMEBACK.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2005, 03:16:22 PM »

I ate a boatload of food this afternoon, but I'm sure once I settle in for some TV/DVD watching, the "munchies" are going to hit me. I won't need much, but trying to think what would satisfy that craving without adding too many excess pounds, qh, that's the question.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2005, 03:16:43 PM »

DR Danise asked about Big Brother.  The goal is to be one of the last two people in the house.  And then to be voted on to win by the jury (the last  7 evictees).

Each week someone is voted out of the house.  And as you saw they live in the house with no outside contact (no phones/tv/radios/newspapers/computers...).

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »

Live Feeds discussion - Big Brother.

DR RonP, you were correct Ivette/April/Maggie (aka the Maggots) went ballistic after Janelle won.  I've never seen such poor losers in my life. Totally horrible. They said some awful things about her.

Matt H.

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »

OK, off now to get some things in order around the house and then settle in for some TV/DVD watching.

WBBL (Will be back later)

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2005, 03:36:24 PM »

I feelso sorry for the poor animals.  I read about them killing the zoo animals and it broke my heart.  

I said from day one that I worried about all the dogs and cats and other animals that would be left behind.  I agree that they should let people take their pets with them.

I don't think they really killed the zoo animals, unless you read it somewhere else

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2005, 03:38:46 PM »

DR Danise - Great pictures of the squirrel!

And I have to say, I think you're the first person I've come across who actually wants to feed the squirrels.  Most of my bird-feeding, bird-watching friends spend most of their time trying to find ways to prevent the squirrels from feeding in their garden.

-And it's amazing all the different types of feeds and feeders that are out there to stop squirrels from feasting on the bird food.  And it's even more amazing to watch the squirrels figure out how to bypass all the roadblocks!

...And then to watch the facial expressions of my friends as they watch the squirrels continue to do their thing.  Now that's comedy!

:)

We used to feed them in Michigan.  We also found a full proof feeder just for the birds, one on a long skinny pole the squirrels couldn't climb.  At least once a day we put out a corn on a stick.

Uncle Dodo is sooooo cute. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2005, 03:39:55 PM »

Nice to see ol' Swishy back amongst us, even briefly.  Very cute photograph, too.  I must go for a drive and actually see the day.

Perhaps upon my return we'll open the chat room if we have a quorum on the forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up