Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLANK PAGE  (Read 77947 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BLANK PAGE
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2005, 08:08:44 AM »

Speaking of MURDER IN THE RUE MORGUE, I don't think I've ever seen that earlier version. The only one I remember was the Warners remake in the 1950s with Merv Griffin playing a supporting role. I remember that one as being well done.

Is the Bela Lugosi version a public domain title? If not, which studio made it?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2005, 08:09:47 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!!![/move]

td

• td
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2005, 08:09:52 AM »

LOST arrived in my house last night. I've watched the first four episodes. Needless to say, I'm lost. . .or I'm all at sea. . .at sixes and sevens. . .betwixt and between. . .but loving every minute of it. A polar bear? ? ? ? ? ?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2005, 08:10:33 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAYD DR WEL!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2005, 08:15:58 AM »

I am suffering from a head cold. At 9:00 PM last night ,after the Vixter went to bed, I put on my nightdress, made a mug of tea and settled down on the recliner under my 'couch blanket" to wait for Reno 911 to come on at 10 PM

The next thing I knew it was 6:25 am this morning, and  I was waking up on the recliner with a full mug of cold tea next to me.    

According to vixdad not only didn't I make it to 10 PM I was out before 9:10 .

My head feels like Ron Pulliam's

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 08:19:34 AM by vixmom816 »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2005, 08:18:04 AM »

der Brucer (if Vixmom can sound like a conservative, I can sound progressive!)

Between the two of us we could kick some butt couldn't we?
 :-*

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2005, 08:21:19 AM »

LOST arrived in my house last night. I've watched the first four episodes. Needless to say, I'm lost. . .or I'm all at sea. . .at sixes and sevens. . .betwixt and between. . .but loving every minute of it. A polar bear? ? ? ? ? ?

Last season produced some memorable TV, but I think I'd rank LOST just a slight tad above VERONICA MARS, HOUSE, THE OFFICE, and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES as my favorite new show introduced last season.

Can't wait for the new season of it to begin. Of course, what comes on opposite it this season? VERONICA MARS, of course.

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2005, 08:23:22 AM »

Oh is Lost out on DVD already?  I nver saw it this past year.  I shall have to pick it up at the Blockbuster and check it out

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2005, 08:23:27 AM »

I see that Universal is releasing new widescreen editions of PSYCHO 2 and PSYCHO 3 next week. About time PSYCHO 2 got a decent looking DVD. The Goodtimes release some years ago was pan and scan.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2005, 08:26:16 AM »

Oh is Lost out on DVD already?  I nver saw it this past year.  I shall have to pick it up at the Blockbuster and check it out

Came out yesterday! You will be doing yourself a favor watching this exciting and masterfully composed drama. I think you'll get hooked and have to watch the new episodes coming up.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2005, 08:27:03 AM »

OK, I must make a quick exit to the shower to clean up for my luncheon appointment.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2005, 08:29:21 AM »

I want to hear your thoughts about this THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, DR MBarnum. I saw this on TV many years ago and found it very slow-moving. It was on a commercial network, so maybe all the ads slowed down the pace of the viewing.

I can give you my thoughts on it right now. The 1962 version is one of my all time favorite films, and my favorite verision of the Phantom story! I love the music and the actors. The British Hammer films were not particular favorites of mine, as compared to the Universal horror films, but this title, and a handful of others I very much enjoy...this collection happens to have some of those favorites (Evil of Frankenstien, Nightmare, Kiss of the Vampire, etc).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2005, 08:33:48 AM »

Happy Birthday, WEL.

Electronic hat, you have mail.   ;)

Lost:  TD, the polar bear is simply the tip of the iceberg (so to speak).   ;D

TOD:  oy, don't get me started.  I know there are some Republicans on this site, but how you can continue to support this corrupt and worthless administration is beyond me.  I was having fantasies last night, after seeing Oprah's reaction to Katrina and the Bushies' dogged determination to do everything wrong, of her inviting W on her show and then slapping his face.  That's what he needs--a good bitch-slappin'.  That, or a brain.

End of rant.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2005, 08:35:36 AM »

Oops, rant not quite over:

Has there ever been a more inarticulate public "leader" than W?  Does no one equate one's ability to formulate a coherent sentence with one's intellectual acuity?  I leave it to the HHW R's to answer.

End of rant (maybe).  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2005, 08:49:32 AM »

My head feels like Ron Pulliam's.

?

Soft, supple skin, yet firm with determination?

Hair that is thick and bristly like a military brush?

Slightly coarse at the beardline?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2005, 08:49:56 AM »

On a completely different subject

JMK.. whatever happened with your house? Did the builder make a suitable offer?  Are you moving?  If so, which house did you decide on?

Inquiring minds want to know

vixmom

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2005, 08:50:54 AM »

?

Soft, supple skin, yet firm with determination?

Hair that is thick and bristly like a military brush?

Slightly coarse at the beardline?

actually I never completed that sentence did I? :o ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2005, 08:54:04 AM »

I am listening to a very nice CD of THE BEST OF BOB LIND sent to me from across the sea by a certain Aussie DR!!

Thanks Tomovoz!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2005, 08:55:15 AM »

actually I never completed that sentence did I? :o ;D

Ah, but the imagery you left for me to comment upon...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2005, 08:56:54 AM »

I am up and at work.  I feel odd today.

Not quite one thing or another...just odd.

And for some unfathomable reason, "Happy Harvest" is running through my head.

(For those who don't know, "Happy Harvest" is a number from the film musical "Summer Stock").

JMK

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2005, 08:57:19 AM »

I am verklempt--two kids in all day school--a watershed moment.  Plus Betsy is leaving this morning for Wisconsin, where her father's first play is opening this weekend in Milwaukee.

Vixmom--developer needs another week or so, but in the meantime we have other people interested.  No decision on new house--we are still looking.

Mr. Hobbs--BK, I assume you know your semi-close personal friend Herb Alpert has a cameo (as, maybe, does Julius, now that I come to think of it).  Did you ever get those CDs to Mrs. Herb?

And, speaking of Julius--the Wechters should sue department:  Did anyone see that wire service report that the "You Light Up My Life" guy has a new musical opening on Broadway about a musician with Tourrette's finding love with a woman with OCD.  I kid you not.  (I'm not implying that Cissy has OCD, BTW--the Wechters should sue the "You Light Up My Life" guy, not me.)  ;)

And oh, for the second time:

)

There, now I feel better.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2005, 08:59:01 AM »

Happy Birthday DR WEL!

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2005, 09:00:34 AM »

For Dale & Thomas popcorn lovers (Jose introduced me to this)  I received this offer in my mailbox a few moments ago

Share The Love!
Visit www.daleandthomas.com NOW
and take 10% off your order!
Just enter discount code EX83XP1T when you are checking out. This discount is for merchandise only, and cannot be used to purchase gift certificates or combined with any other offer.
Offer ends 9-15-2005

Enjoy!!

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2005, 09:03:14 AM »

Ah, but the imagery you left for me to comment upon...

actually I was leaving it for TCB  ;D but feel free, feel free!

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

Re: last night's Big Brother.

DR Cillaliz, don't let the editing fool you. I have not read about last night's live feeds yet, but i'm pretty sure that Ivette has no desire to vote out April.  And i think it's quite misleading for them to show it that way.

Btw, (and i know this is mean), but did anyone else laugh hysterically at some of janelle's diary room comments?  Especially what she said about ivette's girlfriend.  It was mean but after what they have said about her, i thought THE WAY she said it was hysterical.

Question, why don't howie/janelle try to get MAGGIE to switch her vote? I almost wonder if she would be more willing to switch sides than ivette. But I guess since maggie controls them both she probably won't switch sides.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2005, 09:07:58 AM »

I caught myself doing something last night I never thought I'd ever do, much less admit to anyone in a public forum:

I watched "Scarborough Country" on MSNBC.

It was quite by accident.  I was watching MSNBC for coverage of the day's "recovery" efforts in New Orleans, and the Scarborough hour started up before I could quickly change the channel (Scarborough has been, up until now, NBC's concession to having a sympathetic right-wing viewpoint on its staff).

Scarborough and his wife spent much of last week and this past weekend in and around New Orleans, as well as Biloxi and Gulfport.

Last night, however, he was back in the studio and was engaged in a rant and outraged tirade over the inadequacy of government agencies, as well as agencies like the Red Cross, for not being in and around the areas that needed them the most.

He was critical of FEMA and its nearly crippled status as part of Homeland Security.  He was, in fact, righteously raging against the "administration's" unforgivable sluggishness at providing relief to the victims STILL stranded.

At some point, he began repeating himself and I changed the channel to another, similar show.  There was a featured story about a man from California who chartered a jet and flew it to Louisiana.  He offered it to the National Guard and to FEMA, both of whom turned it down.  So, the man went to centers where "evacuees' (no, not "refugees" -- no one was seeking "refuge."  I guess they were seeking "evac") were biding their time and he offered whole families an opportunity to move to California.  He offered to get them jobs and a place to stay.  He has since made several trips back and forth, taking in medicines and supplies that FEMA and the feds have YET to be able to provide.

It was a wonderful piece, until the man began to unravel.  He began ranting at Target and K-Mart, asking them where they've been during all this turmoil.  He began calling out Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, both of whom (he claimed) have a million times more resources than he does...and the rant went on until the embarrassed host essentially just talked over him, saying "Sorry, but we've got to break away."

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »

I am verklempt--.
translation for Lutherans please :D

Vixmom--developer needs another week or so, but in the meantime we have other people interested.  No decision on new house--we are still looking.
Are you determined to move now?

And, speaking of Julius--the Wechters should sue department:  Did anyone see that wire service report that the "You Light Up My Life" guy has a new musical opening on Broadway about a musician with Tourrette's finding love with a woman with OCD.  I kid you not.  (I'm not implying that Cissy has OCD, BTW--the Wechters should sue the "You Light Up My Life" guy, not me.)  ;)

There was some talk about this show on Sunday and yesterday.  I have actually received a 3 song CD sampler in the mail and was underwhelmed by it.  Oh  BTW, I just noticed that on the back of the CD case it says (quite humbly I may add) "Listen to the best music you've heard in your life - IN MY LIFE- the new musical from Academy Award and Grammy Award Winner Joe Brooks." {bold face is my addition} and yes, the inside cover  mentions that he is the composer of "You Light Up My Life"  has he ever done anything else or is he a one hit wonder?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:13:48 AM by vixmom8840833 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2005, 09:11:03 AM »

actually I was leaving it for TCB  ;D but feel free, feel free!

I gave TCB enough to work with, I think, in the first sentence of my "Scarborough Country" post.

vixmom

« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2005, 09:14:47 AM »

I gave TCB enough to work with, I think, in the first sentence of my "Scarborough Country" post.

That's what we are all about here on HHW helping each other!  :D

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2005, 09:15:08 AM »

Re: last night's Big Brother.

Btw, (and i know this is mean), but did anyone else laugh hysterically at some of janelle's diary room comments?  Especially what she said about ivette's girlfriend.  It was mean but after what they have said about her, i thought THE WAY she said it was hysterical.

I laughed! I felt bad for laughing, but I did! LOL1

And Howie's Jedi act cracks me up as well!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up