Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: EASY LIVING  (Read 25026 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:EASY LIVING
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2003, 09:56:17 AM »

Someone yesterday referred to this site becoming a Grade 10 Study Hall.  

All right.  You get what you asked for mysterious person whose name I am too lazy to look up.  

I am going to spend today being calm, cool and mature.  God help us all. :)

I'm not the least bit shy about owning up to that pertinent, astute observation I made last evening!   ;D

There were strings of posts about what he said about her, and what she said about him, and do you think he likes her, and how could he not, and she is so cute I'll have to post a picture, and he will flip when he sees how cute she is, and he is such a stud, and "Oh! Moon Doggy, can we go to the beach together!" And "Aww, Gidget, you're just the most and the ginchiest!"

It's possible I overestimated the grade level for said Study Hall....but I recall 10th grade being like that!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now don't strain yourself, Em!  We want to recognize you when you post!  If you want to reference the very post I made, it was near the top of page 13 in yesterday's postings, and it had a smilie at the end to indicate I was having fun...not being critical.

;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:01:48 AM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2003, 10:04:12 AM »

But I guess I still don't understand what that has to do with JR?  Was he joking, I hope?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

William E. Lurie

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2003, 10:11:30 AM »

BK - As far as you know is A SHOT IN THE DARK the only film in The Pink Panther series that took an existing work (in this case a play) and re-worked it for the Inspector Clousout (or however it is spelled) character?  I know that in the play the female is the main role (Julie Harris on Broadway, Elizabeth Seal on the road).

Re today's kids: I don't understand them doing things that will be with them their whole life like tattoos or pearcings.  On the other hand the hair and clothing are only temporary and as strange as some of it looks they won't be stuck with it when they grow up into the "real world".  
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2003, 10:18:43 AM »

But I guess I still don't understand what that has to do with JR?  Was he joking, I hope?

I think some signals have been mixed and a few comments have been made that weren't taken kindly.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:00:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2003, 10:30:50 AM »

We mustn't have mixed signals - no one is berating anyone here.  We're having fun.  Fun is what we're having.  Let's not get bent out of shape because then we'll all look funny.  Someone go get Jrand and get him back here pronto!

A Shot in the Dark WAS the only PP movie taken from an existing source.  Sellers kept begging Blake to do it, and Blake kept saying no until he proposed making it a Closeau film.  Then they just rewrote the whole thing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2003, 10:34:17 AM »

I agree, WEL.  Even the most outlandish hairstyles or hair colors don't bother me, because it is no worse than any of the other hair choices that young people have made over the years.  I can even accept most piercings because, with a few exceptions, the holes will basically grow closed once you stop using the jewelry.  What really disturbs me, is seeing these tatoos on young people, and not not just small ones, either.  High school students with elaborate designs from the shoulder to the wrist.  Even if the young person can't understand the lifelong choice they are making, don't the parents realize how quickly these fashions change, and yet how permanent the tatoo is going to be on the skin?

God!  I have become my own grandfather!!!
“One thing’s universal,

Emily

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2003, 10:45:54 AM »

Oh danggit.

Why is it that sarcasm can't be transmitted electronically? ;)

I think that most of you understood that I was not trying to "offend" anyone.  I like to think that most of the time I am extremely mature but there are always times when I start feeling nostalgic for Grade 10 Study Hall.  Chill.  

The only way my post could possibly be seen as offensive was if you thought I was mistaking "maturity" for "increased age".  I know plenty of mature 16 year olds (one in particular - yes YOU Miss Swish) and have had the unfortunate luck of being around extremely immature 75 year olds.  But, of course, that has nothing to do with anything since that wasn't what I meant in the first place.

My apologies to anyone I offended.  My special apologies to Jrand who had the courage (and maturity :) ) to say he was offended.

Ron: I knew it was you all along - I was just being immature ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:46:55 AM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2003, 10:48:23 AM »

And thanks everyone for the karma.

I feel so incredibly karmalicious that I might ask for karmalized onions on my next Subway sandwich. :)

I am going to meet DR Andrea in 45 minutes to go shoe shopping.  Wish me luck.  
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2003, 10:49:28 AM »

I must have missed all this because I assume the tone is always in fun.  That is what we are about.  Someone go get Jrand and get him back in here NOW, otherwise I will bitch-slap him from here to eternity and hell and back.  So it is written, so it shall be done.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2003, 10:49:49 AM »

Just wanted to be noticed, I guess.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Emily

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2003, 10:51:14 AM »

How could we not have noticed you Jrand with that gorgeous pic you have? ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:51:29 AM by Emily »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2003, 10:53:53 AM »

I think I will delete something.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2003, 10:54:38 AM »

We noticed, we noticed.  Oh, Don, Don Wilson...

Girls just want to have fun and we will, damn it all.

Speaking of girls just want to have fun, with great excitement I picked up Miss Cyndi Lauper's new CD yesterday - I will have a full report tomorrow.  And one on Mr. Fellini's masterpiece, La Strada, which is now available via Criterion.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2003, 10:56:26 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Jason.

DR RonP in reference to seeing David Letterman holding the new Wicked cd wrote:
I admit to feeling great pangs of envy and jealousy when David pulled out that CD of the cast recording!!  It's possible/conceivable that it was only the jewel box with cover insert (same artwork as the poster).  They only recorded the score 9 days ago...could it have been finalized and pressed already?????

It's not due until Dec. 16th.

I felt that same jealousy! But I think maybe it was either just the jewel case. Or a cd (but not the finished one).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:57:58 AM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2003, 10:59:07 AM »

Did you notice that the body of the jewel case (the non-clear part) was Oz/Elphaba GREEN?

Oooooooooooooooooh!

;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:59:37 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2003, 11:01:04 AM »

DR Jennifer - someone had asked about the smilie site yesterday and I didn't scroll back before posting the link - sorry it wasn't you and I used your name - but SOMEONE wanted it!  :)

That's okay. I was just confused cause I saw my name and didn't know what you were talking about. But if someone else needed the link, then it's all good!

William E. Lurie

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2003, 11:03:03 AM »

Often promotional copies of CDs are completed in advance of the "street date".  In the days of LPs these usually had a white label instead of whatever color label the releasing company normally used.  These were marked "For Promotional Use Only".
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2003, 11:04:21 AM »

Somebody go shake Tom from Oz and tell hm it's time he got up, had his bikkies and coffee and got his butt online and posting away!

Aussies aren't supposed to sleep in!  They're supposed to be up with the dingoes and roos and foraging for interesting bits.

Emily

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2003, 11:06:17 AM »

Ron - does "dingo" when pluralized take an "e" or is it "dingos?"

mmm.... the things you get to ponder at HHW ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2003, 11:13:17 AM »

All I know is the dingo stole my baby.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2003, 11:15:26 AM »

Oy. I was reading DR MBarnum's comments today where he said he agreed with the smiley contest winner. Well of course I hadn't read who the winner was (even though I read the notes - don't ask).  So I'm thinking, "which smiley is the winner of all smilies!?"

Then I go back to the notes (I somehow seem to sometimes not read the last sentence in a long paragraph) and I see that every smiley won.  CHICKEN :)

The last one that MarkB posted was actually a great one.  But BK some of us deserve honorable mention don't we, for actually posting so many smilies because we wanted to win :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2003, 11:16:17 AM »

I decided to change my clothes.  What do you think, DR Emily?

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2003, 11:17:51 AM »

BTW, re: WICKED. I don't know, but the performance on Letterman did nothing for me. I didn't particularly like it. But in contrast I loved Kristin's rendition of "Popular" from the Today show last week. I find myself singing it over and over.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2003, 11:23:46 AM »

JRand53, I think your new look is the cat's pajamas!  :o

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  :)                                         :D                                 ;)                         ;D                                         8)[/move]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:24:48 AM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2003, 11:29:18 AM »

So that's what they sleep in!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2003, 11:37:20 AM »

Often promotional copies of CDs are completed in advance of the "street date".  In the days of LPs these usually had a white label instead of whatever color label the releasing company normally used.  These were marked "For Promotional Use Only".

I have a white promo label copy of the soundtrack to Sweet Charity that's signed by Cy Coleman!  It says, "To Neal, How about a nice pastrami sandwich for lunch?  All the best, Cy Coleman"   It's autographed to "Neal" not "Neil" so it's not to Neil Simon.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2003, 11:38:05 AM »

Weather Report:

The rain in Salem has now turned to snow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2003, 11:38:32 AM »

Somebody go shake Tom from Oz and tell hm it's time he got up, had his bikkies and coffee and got his butt online and posting away!

Aussies aren't supposed to sleep in!  They're supposed to be up with the dingoes and roos and foraging for interesting bits.

You must leave Ozzie alone.  He is probably busy with the sheep.............. if you get my drift.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2003, 11:38:58 AM »

Hey what day does our Allison Hayes photo of the week fall on?

Hey my karma improved! Thanks Karma fairy!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:39:50 AM by MBarnum »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2003, 11:39:58 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm.....I am thinking Friday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up