Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL  (Read 85003 times)

Ben

Re:THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 04:52:04 AM »

Boy, that was difficult to post! The board seems all kerflooey this morning.

Ah, well. This should bring us to Page 2.

Goodbye for Now (a Reds reference)

Ben

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 04:52:35 AM »

But before I go

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 05:05:48 AM »

Last night DR Cillaliz wrote:
Make sure to vote for Janelle in the America's Choice at the cbs.com big brother website. Voting closes at 9:00 pm on September 9 so there is only one day of voting.  I think it she wins it and gets to spend a day on the set of Two and a Half Men it will drive the other three crazy!  They are pretty much ignoring her even though she offered to let them sleep in the HOH bedroom with her.  

Make that 9AM Pacific, noon Eastern.

I agree, I am voting for Janelle. Here is the direct link:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/_polls/amc_poll.shtml

She offered to let them sleep in the HOH bedroom or bed? I read that as bed and you had me laughing hysterically.

I am SO very happy she won HOH. And I think it's pretty clear she will win America's Choice (especially since it's internet voting and her popularity online is like 90% compared to 20something for the 3some.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 05:07:59 AM »

Last night DR RonP wrote:
BB6:  Did anyvbody else absolutely LOVE Ivette's girlfriend, Maggie?

She hates Cappy, cannot understand what the hell happened to Ivette to be so loony about him; she thinks the "friendship" is a bad idea, strategically; and best of all, she LOVES Janelle...thinks she's smart and the game's top player.

She will either get all this through to Ivette or their relationship is over!

While I laughed hysterically at Janelle's bitchy comments about her, I agree with you Ron.  She seemed like a delight. And I don't think it's jealousy that makes her hate Eric. I am not jealous and I think Ivette's attachment to him is bizarre.  And yes I loved how she loves Janelle! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 05:10:57 AM »

Big Brother.

DR RonP, Maggie is driving me crazy.  But she is playing Ivette/April so well.  She basically threatened them which makes me sick.

I think Janelle needs to get her out.  I haven't read any of the sites yet, to know if she's approached anyone.  But I think she should approach Ivette and tell her "you're going home UNLESS you agree to send home whoever I say".  I think Ivette might do it.

Because as i see things now, both april and ivette prefer maggie and would keep her. ALTHOUGH they are both smart enough to know that they probably can't win against maggie. So hopefully they will realize they need to ditch her.

I'll bet Maggie will tell april that they are partners and must support each other.

I would be interested to see who maggie would vote out between april and ivette.

Kerry

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 05:53:35 AM »

Hello All,

Since I just got two, count 'em two, new CD's from Kritzerland in yesterday's mail, they will go immediately the DVD player.  It was a long and arduous week (it might have been good if it had been a long and Eve Arden week, but it wasn't), so these CD's will be a wonderful way to celebrate the end of the work week.

Bruce,
Have a great party tomorrow.  I'll be there in spirit, and I'll mentally dance the frug and the hully gully and eat ham slices and cheese chunks in my dreams.
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 06:03:09 AM »

Good morning! And goodbye!!

I'm heading out now for my friends out of town to help them with their home theater installation. I should be back in the mid-to-late afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll miss chattering and finding out all the news, but I guess it will still be here when I return.

Bye for now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 06:12:25 AM »

Oh dear me!  Yesterday I spent the entire day in our kitchen with BEETS!  Two bushels of BEETS!  Those two bushels of BEETS are now in jars and have been pickled.  Canning BEETS turned out to be a nine hour job, and that was with three, sometimes four, people at the table peeling and quartering the BEETS.  But before the BEETS may be cut or peeled they must be blanched in boiling water, then when the BEETS are cut, they're put into a pickling sauce (mostly vinegar and sugar) and boiled once more.  Then the BEETS are scooped into quart jars while hot, lidded and allowed to sit and seal.  There are now 40 quarts of PICKLED BEETS lined up on the kitchen counter. . .

Cd Players hold:  BROADWAY BABY - Dorothy Loudon
SONGBOOK - Trisha Yearwood.

DVD Player holds:
Disc Three, Season One - LOST
and from Netflix - TRANSFIXED, a French murder mystery, with several twists and a reason for Bruce to see it. . .let's say that it involves a certain favorite Demy film. . .

Off to the garage, for all the heat and humidity has made my rear view mirror fall off. . .

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2005, 06:23:09 AM »

Last night DR Cillaliz wrote:

Make that 9AM Pacific, noon Eastern.

I agree, I am voting for Janelle. Here is the direct link:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/_polls/amc_poll.shtml

She offered to let them sleep in the HOH bedroom or bed? I read that as bed and you had me laughing hysterically.

I am SO very happy she won HOH. And I think it's pretty clear she will win America's Choice (especially since it's internet voting and her popularity online is like 90% compared to 20something for the 3some.

You are right, DR Jennifer, I didn't realize until this morning that it is 9 AM. Only 12 hours to vote isn't long!

I did like Ivette's girlfriend Maggie when they interviewed her. Obviously Janelle didn't hear that, only saw her photo, so I still think her comments were funny

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »

Sorry to hear about your former manager BK

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2005, 06:27:58 AM »

BB6
Ok, I have to say that if Janelle doesn't win the money, I would like to see Ivette win it.  There are a lot of things I don't like about her, but I really like her a lot more than Maggie or April.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2005, 06:28:47 AM »

Gotta head to work. Laters..

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2005, 06:33:10 AM »

TOD: In my CD player  work currently:  the original cast recordings of Stages and Together Again, next up: "Harvey Schmidt Plays Jones & Schmidt" to be followed by: Kevin Spirtas' CD single of "The Sweetest of Nights and the Finest of Days,"
all of which I just received in the mail yesterday!

DVD & VCR at home I have absolutely no idea as I have been falling asleep on the couch as soon as the Vixter gets to bed

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2005, 06:33:42 AM »

BK, my condolences on the passing of your former manager

vixmom

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2005, 06:36:45 AM »

My head is a little better today, I no longer have the urge to drill a hole in my head however my left ear is absolutely useless as a hearing aparatus

The doctor's dagnosis was "Yep looks like a virus, it's got to run its course" BLECH!

So I took a decongestant, put hot towels on my head and breathed in Vicks Vapor mist

it helped some

William E. Lurie

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »

CDs - The new Kritzerland releases - Great service, BK... considering you didn't get one of them from the pressing plant until Tuesday, I got the order Thursday.  2 days from LA to NYC.  Amazon and CD Universe should do so well.

DVDs - The second series of "I Married Joan".  Sitcoms of today are just not as funny as those from the 50s and 60s.

VHS - Waiting for the 1st Season Finale Sunday of "Slings and Arrows", the Canadian show (on Sundance Channel) about a Shakesperian Theatre Company.  I know the second season has already aired in Canada.  I hope it is shown here soon.  It's the best show currently being shown in the USA.  Only "Weeds" comes close.  Thank God for Cable.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

vixmom

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:14 AM »

I visited the REWIND site this morning... it looks very good!!!

vixmom

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:39 AM »

Time to catch up on yesterdays' posts after I left....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2005, 06:50:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: QUISLING!
If Bud Collier and Wink Martindale had had children, all those little boys and girls would have been quiz-lings.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2005, 06:58:50 AM »

Yesterday, der Brucer and I got lost.

No, that isn't right.  Let me try that again.

Yesterday, der Brucer and I got Lost.

That's better.

So far, we've only watched the extras on disc seven, or some of them at least.

Today, in the car CD player, we can probably count on listening to Tarzan again.  That's because we're picking up the grandlads after school and taking them to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Alex really wants to see it, and William wants to see it again.  After the movie, we'll be taking them out to dinner, probably a buffet joint we know of in Dover.  In any case, while we're puttering around in the car, the lads like to listen to music, and they like Tarzan.  Boy, do they like Tarzan.  They have the lyrics memorized, and sing along.  Fortunately, they sound nothing like me when they sing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2005, 07:11:12 AM »

Three cheers for the Rewind site!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2005, 07:11:45 AM »

Three cheers for TD catching himself red-handed!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2005, 07:12:36 AM »

Three cheers for Jose at the piano!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2005, 07:15:50 AM »

Three cheers, because today is National Steak au Poivre Day!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2005, 07:17:05 AM »

And now I must Fletcher-proof the kitchen, before we head out to grandladland!

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2005, 07:22:55 AM »

DR Cillaliz, re: big brother.  While I still don't really like Ivette, I agree she has become a bit more likeable lately.  The one I really dislike is Maggie.  She is the one who should be the most mature. Yet she won't even talk to janelle most of the time.  I don't like how she controls the other Maggots.  And I HATE how she will probably make it to the F2.

Btw, that doesn't mean that I don't think she is the most deserving of the Friendship.  She definitely is.  But I just don't like her.  I think BB wants it to be a Janelle/Ivette final. And i'm just really hoping that America can vote in some way.

Btw, re: there being 12 hours to vote.  Well I think the hours were ridiculous. I mean who is up at midnight to start the voting.  Today till noon is okay.  But i think they should have opened up voting at 9pm eastern when the show ended here.  The same as American Idol or any of the other shows (they let you vote right after it airs in your time zone).

td

• td
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2005, 07:24:48 AM »

Three cheers for TD catching himself red-handed!

;D  ;D  ;D
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2005, 07:26:44 AM »

Good Morning!

Hmm... So it seems that later I go to bed, the earlier I've been getting up.  Hmm...  I mean, I was having those days where I would find myself heading to bed around 1:00, and then sleeping until at least 10:00, 10:30.  However, lately, I've been staying up until 3:00, 3:30, etc., and then getting up around 8:30.  Hmm...

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2005, 07:30:03 AM »

Friday Media Check -

I've mainly been loading stuff into iTunes on my laptop, and the latest additions have been:

Sweeney Todd - OCR
Pippin - OCR
Evita - OCR - Well, "Premiere American Recording" - or however it is labeled (with La LuPone).
Rockapella - 2

And some other things that aren't coming to mind right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2005, 07:31:45 AM »

DR td - So...  Will beets be comprising your winter diet?

;)

*Btw, I love me some canned beets.  Yum!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up