Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL  (Read 85027 times)

FJL

Re:THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »

JMK - Thanks.  I had never heard of Gershon Veroba before, but just heard the clips from his Impressions CD and ordered myself a copy off CD Baby.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2005, 06:22:48 PM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

For those who are interested only.  For those who aren't, kindly skip on by!  :D

America's Choice has been revealed to the houseguests.  Janelle, of course, won by a healthy, HUGE margin.  And the house is totally chaotic/neurotic with allegations of fraud and misrepresentation of personalities, etc., etc.  What makes them look stupid is that they don't seem at all aware it's the live feeds -- totally uncensored -- that has made them the laughing stock of America and not the edited-to-make-them-look-better-than-they-are telecasts.  The shows are totally edited in their favor most of the time.  THeir worst moments are on view only to live subscribers....but then "WE" are the ones doing the voting, so that's what's going on there.

They've all threatened to stop going to the Diary Room...to, in effect, stop playing.  Maggie asked aloud if they had to stay in the house...couldn't they just walk out???

The answer is yes, they can leave.  I think America would love for this to happen.  I think CBS could then just take the last three players evicted and bring them back to continue the game with Janelle!

Or, Janelle could just win it all outright.  She totally deserves it.  Not one of the other three deserves a penny.  Nasty skanks should NEVER be paid.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:14:26 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2005, 06:31:15 PM »

I'm hoping the LOTR musical stays in Toronto until next October. I would like to see it. OzDerek would have loved it. I would have thought "Les Miserables" was an impossible task to stage as a musical so I'm hopeful. But then I thought the musical of "Gone With The Wind" was better than the book or the film. What do I know?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #213 on: September 09, 2005, 06:33:05 PM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

For those who are interested only.

... and who don't mind being SPOILED!! :D

Janelle, ma belle,
These are words that go together well....

François de Paris

« Reply #214 on: September 09, 2005, 06:35:36 PM »

I'm hoping the LOTR musical stays in Toronto until next October.

We'll place a special request for you, Tom, so that it is not... gone with the wind! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2005, 06:39:08 PM »

I'm being a good host and attentive to my friend.  We're going off to sup now, and then I shall return with bells on.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning.

Tomorrow you will REALLY have to keep the home fries burning until my returning, since I will be gone from early in the morning until late at night - I will definitely stop back in the afternoon and catch up, but you must carry the torch tomorrow.

François de Paris

« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2005, 06:39:54 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention, and I know you'll -- and I mean ALL -- be thrilled to learn that I have seen ads for auditions for Le Roi Lion to be staged in French next year in Paris... as if we needed that, hey?! LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

See... I'm telling you ze trouffe!

http://www.stage-entertainment.fr/leroilion/

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2005, 06:55:53 PM »

Holy Moley- Rodz is back!

Such a week. As MBarnum was kind enough to mention, I was not able to log on from my work computer. I could read posts but not post myself. The nights I was home early this week I spent using my mac for a project for BK's pal Richard Valley. He had some LPs he needed turned into CDs and it turned into quite a task.

Anyways, I've missed the gang here. TPunk and Elmore kept me filled in on some stuff, but now I gotta catch up myself!

Tomovoz

« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2005, 07:01:15 PM »

Welcome back DR Rodzinski.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #220 on: September 09, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »

Thanks Tom!
And I want to thank you for the Bob Lind CD, by the way. It arrived safely and soundfully.

I've also been enjoying the song "Robot Man" from the other CDs you sent.

François de Paris

« Reply #221 on: September 09, 2005, 07:19:58 PM »

It's mostly important for a cd to arrive... soundfully!

Danise

« Reply #222 on: September 09, 2005, 07:29:08 PM »

Evening all!

Can't stay long but just wanted to check in.

I hope I didn't say or do anything to upset DR Stuart.  I don't remember reading anything that was upsetting.  I don't understand.  ???

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, BK.  My condolances to both you and her family.

I guess it would be to late to get tickets next to DR Elmore and I but I do hope to see you at the show, DR Vixmom.  I just learned that a friend of mine that I met at the Michael Ball Concert in SLC will be there.  I am hoping we will get the chance to say "Hi".  It's going to be a perfect day!  I'm so excited and I can't wait!  :)

I don't know what number I was but I did order Rewind.  I'm looking forward to reading it.  I didn't read what was on the site because, like DR Elmore, I would want more and wouldn't want to wait.  It's best to have the whole book in my hands before I start it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2005, 07:30:49 PM »

Holy Moley- Rodz is back!

Rodders!!! Welcome back.  You have been missed.

And now a professional question for you :

Have you seen the  Playbill Yearbook they are selling now?  Is it a "must have"? Enquiring minds want to know
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Danise

« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2005, 07:32:07 PM »

I'm in countdown mode now.  Everyday has a new "trip" task to be completed.

Tomorrow,  I'm going to get my travelers checks for the trip taken care of.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2005, 07:34:29 PM »

Congrats to DR Jose on getting the final word on getting the job!

I do have a question, have you ever have some music that you just hated for whatever reason but had to play because it was part of a show you were doing?  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2005, 07:40:33 PM »

I guess it would be to late to get tickets next to DR Elmore and I but I do hope to see you at the show, DR Vixmom.  I just learned that a friend of mine that I met at the Michael Ball Concert in SLC will be there.  I am hoping we will get the chance to say "Hi".  It's going to be a perfect day!  I'm so excited and I can't wait!  :)

I would probably have to look at a Saturday showing, I believe you and elmore are going on a Sunday.  This Sunday is the first day of Sunday School for the "school year" and I teach the first grade (Some of my former students are in their third year of college  YIKES!!!)

I thank you for the invite.  Hopefully we'll get a chance to get in there and see the show.

Tomorrow is our POTO day , the Vixter is very excited.  Apparently she has been telling everyone at school all week that we are going tomorrow and quzzing any that have already seen the show as to  where exactly the chndleier end s up.
 She has been liswteningto the CD's since she was a baby and knows the score backwards and forwards and apparently she has been very worried that it actuially fell into the audience  ::)

Silly girl  :)

Can anyone guess where else we have to make an appearance tomorrow?  :D

vixmom

« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2005, 07:42:53 PM »

Dear Tomovoz, how are you doing, friend?

vixmom

« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2005, 07:43:55 PM »

I had not heard of the LOTR Musical. Is it the entire trilogy or just the first book?

Danise

« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2005, 07:45:29 PM »

I would probably have to look at a Saturday showing, I believe you and elmore are going on a Sunday.  This Sunday is the first day of Sunday School for the "school year" and I teach the first grade (Some of my former students are in their third year of college  YIKES!!!)

I thank you for the invite.  Hopefully we'll get a chance to get in there and see the show.

Tomorrow is our POTO day , the Vixter is very excited.  Apparently she has been telling everyone at school all week that we are going tomorrow and quzzing any that have already seen the show as to  where exactly the chndleier end s up.
 She has been liswteningto the CD's since she was a baby and knows the score backwards and forwards and apparently she has been very worried that it actuially fell into the audience  ::)

Silly girl  :)

Can anyone guess where else we have to make an appearance tomorrow?  :D

Errr. The American Girl store?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2005, 07:49:55 PM »

Errr. The American Girl store?

My goodness!! Out of all the hundreds of thousands of places in NYC hopw did you hit the right one?  ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #231 on: September 09, 2005, 07:57:40 PM »

Hello Vixmom. We learn to adjust and adapt. I don't think we hever heal.  I hope we never forget.

There is an official LOTR - The Musical to check..
Once again it would have been Derek who had the link to the site. I know I've read the site but I don't remember the cast list but there are some well known names.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: September 09, 2005, 07:59:55 PM »

If no one else is going to do a page 7 dance, here's my feeble attempt:

Ba-de-ya say do you remember
Ba-de-ya dancing in September
Ba-de-ya, never was a cloudy day

Ba-de-ya, ba-de-ya, etc.

-Earth, Wind & Fire

My brother's favorite song, it's about his birthday, the 21st night of September!

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2005, 08:09:47 PM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

For those who are interested only.  For those who aren't, kindly skip on by!  :D

America's Choice has been revealed to the houseguests.  Janelle, of course, won by a healthy, HUGE margin.  And the house is totally chaotic/neurotic with allegations of fraud and misrepresentation of personalities, etc., etc.  What makes them look stupid is that they don't seem at all aware it's the live feeds -- totally uncensored -- that has made them the laughing stock of America and not the edited-to-make-them-look-better-than-they-are telecasts.  The shows are totally edited in their favor most of the time.  THeir worst moments are on view only to live subscribers....but then "WE" are the ones doing the voting, so that's what's going on there.

They've all threatened to stop going to the Diary Room...to, in effect, stop playing.  Maggie asked aloud if they had to stay in the house...couldn't they just walk out???

The answer is yes, they can leave.  I think America would love for this to happen.  I think CBS could then just take the last three players evicted and bring them back to continue the game with Janelle!

Or, Janelle could just win it all outright.  She totally deserves it.  Not one of the other three deserves a penny.  Nasty skanks should NEVER be paid.

I knew I was going to miss that!  I had to meet a friend for a margarita by the river. It was a beautiful night after a 94 degree day....this is September isn't it?

Anyway, the funniest thing I heard the nerd herd say was that they didn't think anything in the HOH room was broadcast over the internet. Too funny. They have no idea that their real colors are showing.  I knew that they would have a tizzie when Janelle won. I hope she has a blast!

François de Paris

« Reply #234 on: September 09, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »

Boy Gives Up Disney World For Hurricane Victims

cbs2chicago.com

(CBS) ROUND LAKE BEACH A suburban boy made an awfully big sacrifice for a kid. Instead of taking a dream vacation to Disney World, he convinced his family to use the money to bring supplies to victims of Hurricane Katrina.
They were busy loading the truck all day. Thursday night they will leave home in Round Lake Beach for a mission to Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports on a ride, where the thrills and chills come at the end.
It was definitely one of my proudest moments as a mom,said Dianne Peters.
It was last Thursday after coming back from school that 11-year-old Mark Peters told his mom he wanted to help.
And I said,  Why?,  and he said, We need to help the hurricane people. And he said, Mom, they're dying. We need to do something, Dianne Peters said.
Over the last two years, the family saved more than $2,500 to take Mark to Disney World.
But the boy, who suffers from cerebral palsy, wants to use the money to personally deliver help to the hurricane victims in Mississippi.
When he came home from school and told my mom she called me immediately at work crying and told me and I was like okay, let's go, said Mark's sister, Heather Edwards.
I was not a bit surprised because, he's very handicapped physically as you can see, but mentally and emotionally he's not handicapped, said Markís grandfather, Gordon Williams.
People have been stopping all day to bring donations of all kinds, including money for gasoline.
I drove and I saw it, and I came and I asked questions. And it's because it's a private party taking it that I know it's really going to get to families, said Round Lake Beach resident Yolanda Krzak.
The family started collecting donations Wednesday morning, and so far they have about a third of the truck full. They hope they can fill it up completely by 9 p.m. Thursday when they will leave for Mississippi.
If you live in the Round Lake Beach area, the family is accepting donations and collecting supplies in a parking lot at a store at 460 West Rollins Road.

(© MMV, CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

François de Paris

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #236 on: September 09, 2005, 08:30:44 PM »

DR Vixmom, DR Sandra saw Phantom of the Opera when she was six years old. She also was very excited.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2005, 08:35:15 PM »

Thank you François.  I'm always far too slow with such links.
The Lynx King.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2005, 08:37:13 PM »

and once again a positive story to restore some faith in humanity. Thank you François.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2005, 08:44:43 PM »

Good Evening!

Clothes all washed and folded, and the final bathroom rug is drying away - and I should be hearing the buzz of the dryer shortly.

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up