Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH  (Read 87969 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2005, 05:44:51 PM »

BB6 Spoilage:

Yes, Ivette did say that James would vote for Janelle if she's in the finals.  James likes Ivette, but he admires and respects Janelle.

Maggie is trying desperately to secure a friendship vote no matter what. Her constant reminders are a mantra for Ivette to take into sequester, should she not make the final two.

I am not at all convinced that the sequester house has the pressurized environment of the BB house.  April did put on some smiley faces for the final evening in the house, but you could see in Ivette's farewell message that she was bitter.  April's last-minute apology was not a retraction of things she said.  It was only a soporific.   April is a southern woman who can put on a good face.  But I feel she has felt used/abused by Ivette, and possibly Maggie.  She has expressed regret for things they did in the game and things they said about Janelle.  And she has said Janelle has played with her heart during conversations in which even Ivette admitted Janelle really was playing a great game.  ONLY Maggie has never conceded Janelle's worthiness in the game.  Everything Janelle has accomplished in the game, according to Maggie, was rigged.

Rachel, Howie and James are most definite votes for Janelle.  I believe April will vote for her, too, if she's standing beside Ivette.

I think there's a chance she'll get April's vote if she's standing by Maggie.

Note about Phase II competition:  Maggie, true to form, and bad sportsmanship, has implied that the wording of one of the questions was wrong, but that -- OF COURSE -- the winner got it right.  The implication is the same tired poor sport/loser lament -- I lost, therefore it was RIGGED.

So sick of that.

If Janelle wins HOH, she's taking Ivette to the finals.  I'd give a PRETTY to see the faces of everyone in sequester house should Maggie come walking in as the last evicted houseguest.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 05:49:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2005, 05:47:58 PM »

Hmm...

I guess the "traditional" fall slump has set in.  I just happened to check the Broadway grosses for last week... Yikes!

And why, of why, is Lennon still open?!?!?

And why is All Shook Up doing some truly crappy business?  I figured it would be a good show for group sales at least.  -Although, maybe the lack of a star name on the marquee (except for Elvis) is keeping people away so to speak.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2005, 05:51:21 PM »

Maybe folks aren't feeling all that "let's-go-to-NYC-and-see-a-show" with so much horror in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2005, 06:01:26 PM »

In ref to Mr. Kristofferson...
A Rhodes scholar he may be, but he doesn't "read" as a Rhodes scholar - he reads as a down-home country boy who looks inane in evening clothes.
So, you would prefer that he look like a Rhodes less travelled?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2005, 06:03:46 PM »

More BB6 thoughts:

Another thing I feel like bringing up here is the consistent bad sportsmanship of "the friendship."  Tonight, Maggie has soothed her troubled soul by telling Ivette that "the outcasts" never cried and they never loved, and therefore "the friendship" was the better alliance in the house and they had the better experience.

Deluded, detestable, destructive Maggie.

Please recall that every time Janelle won something, Ivette would implode and call her names (behind her back, of course) and say Janelle did not deserve winning anything.  Maggie and April were right there agreeing with her (April has since recanted).  Maggie continues to indicate Janelle did not merit her win today, although Ivette hasn't been vocal about it.  Maggie is on the defensive and totally dependent now upon either Ivette or Janelle, who will go head-to-head in a live competition Friday evening for HOH.  Winner picks immediately her choice to stay in the house and the other has to leave.  They will all three pack.

I think "the friendship" has been devoid of any depth of character, of any depth of humanity and of any depth of self-awareness the entire run of BB6.  They entered the house, pointed at a few people and declared them evil and unworthy.  That has been Maggie's mantra ever since.

Many folks, including Ivette's girlfriend, have been puzzled as to what the frell Ivette is doing with "the friendship."  Actually, she has far more in common with the alliance she reviled.  She has had many flashes of likeability...and I've found myself rooting for her, and then hating her because words totally crass, mean and wrongheaded came out of her mouth.

When Ivette won her motor scooters, Janelle was happy for her.  Maggie declared Ivette had won the best prize of all, and Janelle had winningly suggested she'd gladly swap her 42-inch plasma TV for them.  That, to me, was her way of being complimentary to Ivette and affirming the worth of the prize (and Ivette cannot accept credit for it as she is convinced Maggie, who stood on that dial with her for 4 hours and 45 minutes, stepped off deliberately.  I think she did, too, but only because she knew she couldn't continue.  She had been suggesting to Ivette it would be okay for Ivette to step off, but Ivette stayed there.  Ivette won.  Period.).

I hate Maggie.

Have I ever said that here before?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:06:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2005, 06:06:18 PM »

My BIG BROTHER thoughts:

How I long for the demise of supposed-reality television.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2005, 06:14:17 PM »

I had kinda always wanted to see ROLLOVER, 'cause I like curios, but it just sounds blah.

Ebert really ripped on BROWN BUNNY when it came out, then Gallo cried to him, and Ebert softened his stance a bit.

PRETTY POISON, I've seen recently and it is quite a show. The ultimate double feature is PRETTY POISON and LORD LOVE A DUCK.

Jason

« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2005, 06:15:51 PM »

Maybe folks aren't feeling all that "let's-go-to-NYC-and-see-a-show" with so much horror in New Orleans and along the Gulf Coast.

That probably has something to do with it, but September - especially the week of/after Labor Day - is traditionally deadly for shows that were already doing poor business. Things don't really pick up again until around Thanksgiving.

DR Jose: Please do let me know if you hear anything down the line from Mill Mountain. I've heard great things about them, and I need to get out of MTI...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:20:16 PM by Jason »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2005, 06:16:44 PM »

From MBarnum a trove of 50s trash classix burned onto DVD arrived in today's mail: GHOST OF DRAGSTRIP HOLLOW, DON'T KNOCK THE TWIST, BLOOD FEAST, some Scopitones...
Movie delights!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2005, 06:18:47 PM »

That probably has something to do with it, but September - especially the week of/after Labor Day - is traditionally deadly for shows that were already doing poor business. Things don't really pick up again almost Thanksgiving.

DR Jose: Please do let me know if you hear anything down the line from Mill Mountain. I've heard great things about them, and I need to get out of MTI...

And Jason, you would be wonderful as Chip!
:D :D :D :D :D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2005, 06:19:30 PM »

I'm trying to think of a movie starring Kris Kristofferson that would not have been better with someone else in his role...

and I can't do it!

Jason

« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »

TCB - Would that I looked that young (and thin). Thanks for the compliment! :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2005, 06:23:17 PM »

My BIG BROTHER thoughts:

Engineered, voyeuristic and manipulative TV for the vicarious life people - not reality? Who'd have thought.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2005, 06:24:57 PM »

I'm trying to think of a movie starring Kris Kristofferson that would not have been better with someone else in his role...

and I can't do it!

I thought he and Babs could have switched roles in "A Star is Born". Couldn't  have made the show worse.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2005, 06:27:49 PM »

TCB - Would that I looked that young (and thin). Thanks for the compliment! :)

Well, I still think you are cute, AND young!  ::)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2005, 06:28:49 PM »

My BIG BROTHER thoughts:

Believe it or not, so do I! I never liked the thought or idea of it or the writers, actors etc who can not get shows on the air because of it, but
I have somehow become addicted to the damn stuff!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2005, 06:29:56 PM »

I thought he and Babs could have switched roles in "A Star is Born". Couldn't  have made the show worse.

Would he get her perm?

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2005, 06:30:48 PM »

With that in mind.....

Ron, were you listening the night Maggie said to Ivette "You said you would take me to the final two" and Ivette said "I never said that"

If Ivette is truly playing for her family and she thinks Maggie is so wonderful, she may just take Janelle.

I have a hard time believing she will really do that..the friendship is the friendship, but you just never know

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »

Danise, the El Portal is on Lankershim (don't have the exact address handy), just north of Magnolia, and a block south of the North Hollywood Metro station.

TCB: Haven't got around to The Red Tent yet, but will soon.

At four o'clock I went to look for some papers I needed to find.  Two hours later and I still haven't located them - they're not in any of the places they should be.  Whilst looking for them, I became so fed up with the mess that's accumulated in various closets and drawers that I began going through stuff and throwing out a ton of unnecessary crap.  Thus far, I have filled one large trash container.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2005, 06:31:23 PM »

and I can't do it!

I would second that!  Also, while my mind is thinking about it, I wish PRETTY POISON would get a nice DVD release.  Or did it happen and I missed it?

Good night, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2005, 06:43:08 PM »

and I can't do it!

You never saw Convoy?

Kris was a perfect Rubber Duck.

Ali McGraw, on the other hand, was just wrong in that film.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2005, 06:44:50 PM »

Has anyone else noticed that NO ONE has mentioned "Gone With the Wind" as one of their favorite movies from the '30s?

That's because I am an idiot and I thought it was from the early 1940's

I love that movie!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2005, 06:46:09 PM »

Would he get her perm?
Would she get his beard?

::)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2005, 06:48:03 PM »

My BIG BROTHER thoughts:

Is this you saying you are tired of seeing our posts on them?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2005, 06:52:04 PM »

With that in mind.....

Ron, were you listening the night Maggie said to Ivette "You said you would take me to the final two" and Ivette said "I never said that"

If Ivette is truly playing for her family and she thinks Maggie is so wonderful, she may just take Janelle.

I have a hard time believing she will really do that..the friendship is the friendship, but you just never know

I heard her say that.  That was during one of Maggie's "hypnosis" sessions in which she was repeating her mantras of alliance, the friendship, voting only for a friendship member.  She just threw it out there...and suddenly, Ivette denied it.  Maggie didn't blink an eye and kept on talking about other things!

Maggie would dump Ivette in a heartbeat if she thought Ivette would beat her in the finals.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #235 on: September 14, 2005, 06:52:32 PM »

Before heading off to wussburgerland, a short story to tell.

Today, in my checkout line, a young man had seventeen dollars to his name, as was trying to buy some necessary foodstuffs to last him until his next paycheck.  His seventeen dollars wasn't enough to cover what he wanted to buy, so we were trying to take off his bill what he really didn't need...but this was really tough.

The woman behind him in line smiled, and covered the difference, which was about five dollars, and then insisted that he keep the change.  He was very grateful, of course, not to mention surprised.  

When I thanked her, as well, her smile got nostalgic.  "I remember being just ten cents short once, and no one helped me."

Reason enough.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2005, 06:54:18 PM »

Pretty Poison is out on region 2 DVD (which is what I wrote about in today's notes).  That means it will most likely get a region 1 release sometime in the near future.

vixmom

« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2005, 06:58:37 PM »

Jasons question about the Mill being  mixed equity and non equity made me wonder

How does one gain Equity status? Can you lose it once you have it?  Are you foridden to do non-Equity productions as an Equity member?

Are there other professional unions you have to belong  to in the theatrical/movie/television world to work in those mediums?

vixmom

« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2005, 07:02:24 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam. how is you co-worker doing?  Did he have his procedure today?

vixmom

« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2005, 07:05:37 PM »

Don't most people buy their theatre tickets well in advance?  Maybe its just a Long Island thing, most of the people I know here buy tickets weeks  and even months in advance of when they are going to the show.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up