Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: EASE ON DOWN LA STRADA  (Read 24924 times)

Jed

Re:EASE ON DOWN LA STRADA
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2003, 11:13:29 PM »

Whatever happened to Bob Lind?

Shall I be bitchslapped for asking... "Who the hell is Bob Lind?"  ::)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2003, 11:14:54 PM »

Perhaps they are casting nets of wonder as they echo through the canyons.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2003, 11:16:11 PM »

A man of your tender years DR Jed should not be expected to know that Bob Lind sang "Elusive Butterfly" back in1966. Mr Lind was from Baltimore.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:19:15 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2003, 11:18:07 PM »

Holy Moley, look at all them posts! It took me a long while to get through all of them.

Ron P.: Hear, hear! Bravo. And about the tetanus shot: Here's fair warning for you...you won't be able to lift your arm in the morning.

Oh, my God...I think I just saw a mouse run across my floor.  I'm going to be really pissed if I see it again...

Today was better than yesterday and I expect that tomorrow will be even better. I'm excited for lunch at Benihana and whatever movie I choose to see in the afternoon. I will be seeing WONDERFUL TOWN tomorrow night, which is also quite exciting.

Here's something that's not so exciting... I got the movie soundtrack to GYPSY tonight as a sort of birthday gift to myself, and I must say--I HATE IT. Do we really need the Foley effects of the feet shuffling, dancing, papers crinkling, etc.? And could we work on some balance?? The whole thing sounds muddy to me and that disappoints me...especially for $15.99 (which was the sale price).

On a happier note: A very good friend sent me a $30 gift certificate online for Amazon.com, so I ordered three other versions of GYPSY on CD--the Tyne Daly ($5 Used), the Bette Midler ($1.28 Used) and the Angela Lansbury ($13 New). I can't wait for them to arrive. Now I just need the Bernadette version to finish off my collection. Many thanks to my friend for the great gift!

Tonight I also got Arthur Laurents' book "Original Book By" and Patrick Dennis' "Auntie Mame," which I've never read. Yay!

I got my parent's gift today. A box of Krispy Kremes (WOOHOO!), some packets of Kool-Aid (Whee!), some of their leftover Halloween candies and a gift certificate to the Gap (OH, RAPTUROUS JOY! How I need new clothes...) Now if only my grandparent's cards would get here...something's up with the mail. I still haven't received one of my NetFlix that was sent LAST WEEK!

MBarnum: Should you want them, I could send you some wonderful choral Christmas CDs. IM your snail mail address to me if you're interested.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2003, 11:22:36 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a Chinese acrobat troupe?  I saw one on campus tonight...Oh My God...they are absolutely incredible.  I didn't know the human body could be put in those positions!  (get it out of the gutter, people...)

Tomovoz

« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2003, 11:24:22 PM »

Forgot to mention Jed that I am reasonably sure that Mr Lind does not kow who you are either. No bitchslapping as it may become addictive. (to the slapper and the slappee)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2003, 11:25:59 PM »

Why were these Chinese people in the gutter. Did they drop their fortune cookies.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2003, 11:26:21 PM »

Thank you, DRs, for the very welcome welcome back.  :D

Camelot went very well tonight - and, best of all, at least to the business manager - we didn't hit overtime even with a slightly late start and a long intermission.  *It was the Gala Opening tonight, and there was a big cocktail party and dinner beforehand, as well as a champagne and dessert reception at intermission.  There was a nice party in the Old Vat Room afterwards, and they actually had food left for the cast and crew this time!  Usually, all the patrons eat it all up - FAST! - and we end up seeing if the garnishes are edible.  But tonight, they kept bringing out trays of beef satays, chicken quesadillas and other assorted goodies.  Unfortunately, there were no "adult" beverages available - except for a really sweet (yuck) champagne/sparkling wine - although some people thought it was sparkling cider since it was so sweet.  Who knows?  In any case, it was a good show and a great audience.  *I also collected some good opening night presents, as well as giving out a few of my own to the cast and production crew.  Press opening is tomorrow - although, we're supposed to have press in all weekend - double Saturday, double Sunday..... Boy will Monday be a true day of rest and relaxation.  -Of course, because of Thanksgiving, we have a Noon show on Tuesday....  Boy, it's hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week!

*If any DRs in the Washington, DC area - or outside of the Washington, DC area - would like to see the show... I can arrange for house seats... I have no comps or 1/2 price ones left, sorry.  Just e-mail me, and we'll get everything set up.  *And if you get a ticket in the North section, you will get to see me make my DC area conducting "debut" in the final(!) minutes of the production.

In other news....

I finally got back some actual prints from my travels to Australia, Orlando, NYC, Chicago and LA - I took them with my digital camera, and finally did a MAJOR order from Ofoto about two weeks ago - 480 pictures!!!!  Among them are my pictures from Melbourne, and my visit with DRs Tom and Colin - as well as Magnus and Fosca.  And the pic from the Musso & Frank dinner in LA.  Shall I go ahead and post them here?  Is that possible?  *And I also have to say that those new disposable black & white cameras take some pretty decent pictures - I took a couple of architecture shots in Chicago - great shadows!  I also did a series called "The Disappearing Chocolate Box".  ;D

Well, it's very late, and I'm trying to keep a cold at bay - the whole house here has been sniffling this week - and I need my rest.  At least I get to sleep in (again) tomorrow!

Goodnight.

Oh, and I do love those Rankin-Bass Christmas specials - very catchy tunes - "He's Mr. Heat Miser, He's Mister Hundred and One."  However, as I've mentioned before, I do love Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and I was soooo happy last year when they re-released the DVD of it with a few extras.

Bonne nuit.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2003, 11:27:15 PM »

Now we only have Jose to delurk!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2003, 11:27:43 PM »

And indeed he has.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2003, 11:27:57 PM »

May I just say that I love our little haineshisway.com family?  May I just say that?  Since I just did, I guess I may.

Jed

« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2003, 11:34:47 PM »

Well, I had promised myself I'd be in bed a half hour ago, so I guess I really should be off.  See all y'all tomorrow!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2003, 11:41:21 PM »

Good Night everyone. Thanks for the smiles.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up