Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 81798 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2005, 08:41:32 AM »

DR Vixmom, head to colorpurple.com.  There's a lot of info plus two songs to download.  I kind of liked the one for Shug but I don't care for Celie's title song.

I don't have download capabilities.  The dial up computer at home is too slow and the computer at work has no speakers.  :P

I'm one of those people who are happy when I get a free sampler CD in the mail from these musicals, and hope that BK is unsuccessful in persuading muisicals to stop sending them out.  :D

There are three songs on the site now BTW for those of you who can download.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2005, 08:42:06 AM »

Page Three Dance

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2005, 08:42:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: EMBRASURE!

Be sure to embrasure inner child every day!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

And thank you, Electronic Hat!

To be fair, now, I go for weeks without entering, as happened recently.  If I literally have no clew and no idea as to how to research it, I admit I am a wussburger with soy cheese only as I'm watching my cholesterol (no mean feat).  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2005, 08:43:43 AM »

Time to go to work.

By the way, today is Family Day, a day to eat dinner with your children.

If you can stand them, that is.   :-\

(There's a story behind that comment.)

So how did dinner go last night?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2005, 08:46:01 AM »

DR Matt, didn't Entertainment Weekly have a DVD of EARL's first episode about two weeks ago?  I didn't watch it (nor the EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS DVD that was in this week's issue.)

I don't think I got these because I certainly would have sampled them. My mailman must have enjoyed them, though!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2005, 08:46:29 AM »

Oh...more on the TOD:

Cepacol mouth rinse. It burns and I love it. Sure deodorant, fresh scent. It's the only thing that keeps me dry. J. Crew pomade for my hair. Got2B Sea Salt Scrub to exfoliate everything but my face. Barbasol shaving cream. Neutrogena facial moisturizer. L'Oreal self-tanning lotion for auditions, just to add a touch of color to my face. (OK, OK...I'm high maintenance!)

DR Ann: Crabtree & Evelyn has a WONDERFUL set of hand lotions that I think is brilliant and comes in a variety of scents. It's a two-part set: The first part is an exfoliant moisturizer that is genius and you follow that up with the regular moisturizer that's wonderful, too (and not too greasy). The set is called the 60-Second Fix and costs about $20. It's faboo...you should try it!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2005, 08:47:26 AM »

OK, I'm preparing a London Broil today, so I need to go do prep work.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2005, 08:48:37 AM »

I watched MEDIUM last night.  It was okay.  It was interesting as usual to see how her dreams relate to what is really happening.  

But one thing I found odd (and perhaps this just happened in Canada when it was shown at 9pm) was they showed the preview for next week's show at about 9:48pm.  Then they went to commercial break, and went back to finish the last 6 or 7 minutes.

The reason I found this interesting was because the show was not coming to any resolution, and I just assumed it would continue next week.  But the preview showed a totally new topic.  And then sure enough they concluded last night's episode quite quickly (for me at least).

I hope upcoming shows will be more riveting. Last season I could not wait to see what was going to happen next.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2005, 08:49:01 AM »

Good Morning!

At least I hope it's morning... ???

I kind of lazed in bed this morning just listening to the radio, WQXR ("The radio station of the New York Times").  After an hour or so, I noticed that the announcer's voice I'm used to hearing at that time of day was not the usual annnouncer.  Hmm... "OK, someone must be on vacation and they changed shifts."  Well..

When I finally put my feet on the floor, my clock radio said it was 9:52.  Then I stepped out into the living room, and my roommate was watching "Ellen".  Hmm.. "Is Ellen on an hour earlier today?"  Hmm...  Well...  It actually turned out to be 10:52.  "What happened?"

I really still am a bit puzzled.  To reset the clock on my clock-radio requires moving a switch this way, and holding two buttons down to adjust the hour and minute settings.  I even began to wonder if it was already Daylight Savings Time - "fall back".

???

Thankfully, I have no appointments this morning, but still...

<cue the theme from "The Twilight Zone">
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2005, 08:51:31 AM »

...And just how long have I been an hour off?  If I have been an hour off?

???
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2005, 08:53:10 AM »

Doot-doo-doo-doo-doot...doot-doot-doot-doot-dooooo....

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2005, 08:53:39 AM »

DR MattH, go to thewb.com, they have the schedules there.  I checked and it looks like Supernature will be repeating next sunday at 5pm.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2005, 08:55:06 AM »

I've been in a sort of hickabilly mood this morning so I'm listening to bluegrassradio.org.

Yeee Haw!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2005, 09:03:58 AM »

DR Jason, Judge Turpin will be glad you still pomade your hari!

Yesterday was a very long, interesting and expensive day!!!!   The DP and I began our day by purchasing a new bed.  The one we had broke the other morning - only because it's a cheap piece of crap, not for all the other reasons some of you may be thinking - anyhow, it's worse than buying a used car.  The first place we went to was just horrible.  The salesman went on and on and on, and BOY did he memorize his script, very impersonal.  We ended up at the competitors store, which he told us not to bother with, and purchased a lovely floor model for 50% off the asking price.  Good times!

We headed up to the Castro in SF.  Our plan was to meet up with our pal Scott, and see a double feature at the Castro Theatre "Xanadu" and "The Wiz"  - more about that in a minute

While in the Castro, I always try and go to Medium Rare records and pick up some CD's I don't already have.  I ended up with "Miss Liberty", bk's "Shakepeare on Broadway". "The Musicality of Stouse" and "Musicals from the Land of Oz" - they're loading onto the iPod as I type!  I also ended up purchasing a pair of Skechers, which are nice enough to wear to work and comfy to walk in.  

After dinner, we got our tickets for the movie, but decided to skip "The Wiz" as it was going to be too late when it was over.  But the "Xanadu" experience was HY-sterical.  A theatre full of queens (sorry if that offends anyone) and "Xanadu" - what more could you ask for.  There was thunderous applause after the musical numbers, laughter where I never thought there could be laughter, and lots of singing along!  Way too much fun :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2005, 09:09:57 AM »

TOD -

Toothpaste - whatever is on sale
Soap - whatever is on sale
Shampoo - as long as it smells "fresh" - whatever is on sale
deodorant - whatever is on sale
cologne - Hanae Mori

I've just made a "bk" playlist on my iPod - all the Guy Haines CD's plus anything that bk was produced that I have loaded onto the iPod.  Everybody ought to have a bk playlist!

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2005, 09:11:09 AM »

Hi all,  I decided that I really do want to see Sweeney Todd while I'm in NYC and since there is a Monday night performance, I got a ticket.  I'm running a slight risk since I don't fly in until late afternoon, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll still try to make dinner that night, but unfortunately that means I'll miss all the fun and laughs at Splash!

So, I'll be seeing Sweeney Todd, Wicked and Absurd Person Singular.   AND having a delightful Wednesday walking and eating and walking and eating and walking and eating......   I can't wait!

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2005, 09:15:28 AM »

TOD

toothpaste Colgate Total Toothpaste  + Whitening
shampoo - herbal essence - the orange colored one - I think it has marigold in it or something
body wash - bath and body - I can't remember the scent, but I really like it - I'll check when I get home. White gardenia and something, I think.
perfume - I think it's called Intuition.
Face soap lotion..Estee Lauder or Clinique  
deoderant - mitchum for women - or whatever they call it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2005, 09:17:14 AM »

Well, I'm off to get some lunch.  laters

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2005, 09:20:50 AM »

If HHW had its own brand of cologne, what would it be called?

(Let's see who first comes up with the same name that first came to my mind...)
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2005, 09:26:18 AM »

I think it'd be called "Bitch Slap."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2005, 09:29:53 AM »

Doot-doo-doo-doo-doot...doot-doot-doot-doot-dooooo....

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2005, 09:39:53 AM »

Well, I tried to post this a few minutes ago, but the internet connection blipped off again for a bit, so...

Bar Soap - Dial Oatmeal and Lavender.  I used to use Lever2000 Anti-Bacterial almost exclusively, but "something" happened, and it started to dry my skin out.  ??? After some trial and error, I came across the newish Dial variety, and... Voila!

Liquid Soap - Dial Complete.  I keep a bottle in the bathroom and one by the kitchen sink.

Shampoo - I go through phases - and price points: Aveda Scalp Benefits, Suave Daily Clarifying, Selsun Blue.

"Product" - I used to use gel, mousse, pomade, etc., on a semi-regularly basis years ago, but once I started keeping and cutting my hair really short, I realized that all that stuff was just not needed or necessary.  My hair stands up straight all on it's own.  One of my former barbers/stylists, used to apply some pomade after cutting my hair.  It was OK, however, after walking around for a few hours, I would start noticing all the dust, pollen, and other stuff in the air that was sticking to my hair.   So... no more pomade.

Colognes - I used to buy some "nice" stuff every now and then, but I used it so infrequently, that I gave up making the initial investment.  I mean it would take me years(!) to notice a change in the level of the cologne in the bottle.  And as DR Ann pointed out, wearing scents in close-quartered artistic environments can be problematic.   However, sometimes I will walk through a single pump of Aveda's Pure Mist - or whatever they call their base scent.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 09:40:29 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2005, 09:40:27 AM »

Good Morning!

At least I hope it's morning... ???

I kind of lazed in bed this morning just listening to the radio, WQXR ("The radio station of the New York Times").  After an hour or so, I noticed that the announcer's voice I'm used to hearing at that time of day was not the usual annnouncer.  Hmm... "OK, someone must be on vacation and they changed shifts."  Well..

When I finally put my feet on the floor, my clock radio said it was 9:52.  Then I stepped out into the living room, and my roommate was watching "Ellen".  Hmm.. "Is Ellen on an hour earlier today?"  Hmm...  Well...  It actually turned out to be 10:52.  "What happened?"

I really still am a bit puzzled.  To reset the clock on my clock-radio requires moving a switch this way, and holding two buttons down to adjust the hour and minute settings.  I even began to wonder if it was already Daylight Savings Time - "fall back".

DRJose, there was most likely a power outage for around an hour .  Did you turn on your hair dryer again?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2005, 09:41:46 AM »

DRJose, there was most likely a power outage for around an hour .  Did you turn on your hair dryer again?

Hair dryer?  Is that a euphemism?

:o

:P

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2005, 09:43:23 AM »

Hi all,  I decided that I really do want to see Sweeney Todd while I'm in NYC and since there is a Monday night performance, I got a ticket.  I'm running a slight risk since I don't fly in until late afternoon, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll still try to make dinner that night, but unfortunately that means I'll miss all the fun and laughs at Splash!

So, I'll be seeing Sweeney Todd, Wicked and Absurd Person Singular.   AND having a delightful Wednesday walking and eating and walking and eating and walking and eating......   I can't wait!

Well, Musical Mondays goes until midnight on the upstairs dance floor, and then continues in the downstairs lounge after that, so...  There is a chance some of us could be still be there by the time the show gets out.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2005, 09:47:05 AM »

DR Matthew - The one and only time I bought a bed was also a lot more trying and frustrating than I ever thought it would and could be.  And, yes, you're right, those mattress salesmen can be really impersonal at times.  In fact, I had one who got made at me, raised his voice and everything, after I told him I wanted to check out a few other places before making a decision.  "Well, why don't you just go ahead and look somewhere else and stop wasting my time!"

Umm... I didn't ask for the whole spiel when I walked in.  I just wanted to know the price.  Needless to say, I did not buy my mattress from that store.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2005, 09:59:11 AM »

DR Matthew - The one and only time I bought a bed was also a lot more trying and frustrating than I ever thought it would and could be.  And, yes, you're right, those mattress salesmen can be really impersonal at times.  In fact, I had one who got made at me, raised his voice and everything, after I told him I wanted to check out a few other places before making a decision.  "Well, why don't you just go ahead and look somewhere else and stop wasting my time!"

Umm... I didn't ask for the whole spiel when I walked in.  I just wanted to know the price.  Needless to say, I did not buy my mattress from that store.

My brother works in the advertising department for Sleepys

"For the rest of your Life...."

Apparrently those salesmen are paid by commission, so you would think they would try to be reeeeeally nice

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2005, 10:07:08 AM »

I think it'd be called "Bitch Slap."

I actually like that one.
-- Anaïs Nin

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2005, 10:22:15 AM »

VIKINGS is a great film. BK mentions Kirk's one eye.  Tony's one hand.  But he neglects to mention Janet's impressive breasts...of which there are still two, thank God.

I have a Viking film script that is still floating around town that's basis was a six-page letter by Calder Willingham who wanted to do another viking movie, because he felt he had short-shrifted the original and hadn't done his research.  He was absolutely wrong...it's a very good film.  So is the one that I wrote from his letter of ideas.  It reads screenplay by Charles Edward Pogue.  Story by Calder Willingham and Charles Edward Pogue.

I have never seen THE COLOR PURPLE.

Toileteries:   I usually buy whatever toothpaste and deodorant that is on sale...I'm currently using Colgate, but tomorrow it could be Crest or Rembrandt.  

Sometimes certain deodorants seem to turn on me or become ineffective, so I change brands frequently.

My hair products...spray, shampoo, etc are Thicker, Fuller Hair...from Australia.

My mouthwash again is whatever happens to be on sale.  Same for soaps.  

I love colognes.  My current ones are ENVY and one that has actually gone out of business...CORIOLAN by Guerlain.  The Lovely Wife got on the internet and found a place that was having a close-out on it and bought me many bottles that should last for quite a few years yet.

I have so many perfumes I find attractive for women, I have no one favourite, but I usually like very heady scents.  Scents that just exude sex and sensuality.  Love'em.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up