Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: PROCRASTINATING  (Read 80520 times)

Jason

Re:PROCRASTINATING
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2005, 03:55:38 PM »

DR Jose has overheard a few of the SWEENEY rehearsals and said they all sound fabulous. I think doing the show with 10 people is going to be a fascinating change and I can't wait to see/hear it.

Jason

« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2005, 03:57:48 PM »

And in case anyone is interested, Hurricane Rita has moved to a Category 5. Let's hope it loses strength before it hits Houston...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »

I guess I am the ONLY person in the WORLD who doesn't like SWEENEY TODD.  It gets lonely sometimes, but I have some free evenings when everyone else is at the theatre or listening to the CD.

I'm at a loss...again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:30:10 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2005, 04:00:30 PM »

Read and heard very mixed reports/reviews for the London production.. Ex HHW Allan in the UK did not like it at all.
The concept is certainly an interesting one - the big turn off for me though is the female star. Just can't get my ears to get past that.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »

Happy birthday DR Laura!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2005, 04:19:20 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I headed down to Times Square for no particular reason, and wandered here and there for no particular reason.  I also ran into Douglas Sills for no particular reason.  After about a half hour having no particular reason, I finally had a reason: grocery shopping.  So I walked up to the Whole Foods at Columbus Circle and picked up a few staples.  -As opposed to heading to Staples to pick up a few whole foods.  In any case...

It was nice to get out of the apartment for a bit, and now I'm back settling in for an evening of TV entertainments.

-Oh, and I'm having dinner now too.  The reason: because I'm hungry.  A nice salad, and a Jamaican Beef Patty (spicy).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2005, 04:19:53 PM »

Happy Birthday DR DearReaderLaura!!!!

Is there a cake report yet?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2005, 04:20:03 PM »

Ugh! It was 97 degrees yesterday and 95 degrees today....note to the weather gods.....IT'S FALL  turn off the heat already!!!!!!

(Actually it's supposed to be 20 degrees cooler tomorrow. Can't wait)

MBarnum

« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2005, 04:20:48 PM »

Thanks DRs Rodzinski and Jason.

Did some digging around and this is playing at Loew's State Theater 4 on Broadway.

It is supposed to be a romantic comedy and might be a good one to catch. I will listen to the soundtrack when I get home to see if I like it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2005, 04:20:52 PM »

~~~Good Health Vibes to DRs Ron Pullliam and Rodzinksi~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

And, yes, don't forget to bring your umbrellas.

-Because, of course, if you don't bring it, it will most definitely rain.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »

DR Jose - thank you for the affirmative answer to my question about The Donut Plant  :D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2005, 04:24:56 PM »

DR MattH - Were you able to access the info on the AFM website?  If so, any questions? comments?

*And I guess I should have warned you that the agreements are in the form of contracts, lots of legal-eze.  Thankfully, a lot of the locals will come up with a "plain English" version of the agreements in order to make it easier to understand.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2005, 04:25:48 PM »

They are also showing the Bollywood film JAMES. Looks like it might be a good double feature! LOL!

I mean, who knew?! Those Indian movies get better and better!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2005, 04:26:17 PM »

DR Jose - thank you for the affirmative answer to my question about The Donut Plant  :D

You're welcome.

-And I guess I could get that questionnaire finished and sent out tonight too.  Time for me to stop PROCRASTINATING.

*I'm still not sure how to use the word FULCRUM.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »

Happy Birthday, Laura.

The Me Nobody Knows is out on CD, BTW.  And the 5th Dimension had a middling late-career hit with "Light Sings" from that score.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »

In addition to experiencing the same slowness on this here site this morning that everybody else did, I made a rather unwelcome discovery about my keyboard.  The left, down, and right arrow keys were not working last night or this morning, so I went to the Apple site and did the eMac diagnostic, which resulted in my being advised to purchase a new keyboard.  Maybe I'll just see how long I can live without those keys - the computer is only a little over a year old.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: September 21, 2005, 04:33:57 PM »

The monarch butterflies migrate through here every year. It's an amazing sight, thousands of them...I took this one last summer

Tomovoz

« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2005, 04:37:39 PM »

Happy Birthday, Laura.

The Me Nobody Knows is out on CD, BTW.  And the 5th Dimension had a middling late-career hit with "Light Sings" from that score.
There are a few Dimension fans out here too. (TCB and myself).
"Light Sings" #44 1971 - Billboard
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2005, 04:38:11 PM »

Jet Blue flight being diverted back to California, flight from Burbank to JFK - the front landing gear is locked at a 90 degree angle and they can't land! Live on MSNBC right now!

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »

A much better idea than sticking pins through them DR Cillaliz. Lovely pic.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2005, 04:41:26 PM »

A much better idea than sticking pins through them DR Cillaliz. Lovely pic.

Thanks. I agree about the pins. That just never seemed right to me, especially for the monarchs that fly thousands of miles when they migrate

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2005, 04:43:38 PM »

Tag line for Writer's Block, released October 2004: They say trying out a new musical can be murder.

Tag line for Sweeney Todd revival October 2005: Finding the perfect musical can be murder.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2005, 04:46:03 PM »

Read and heard very mixed reports/reviews for the London production.. Ex HHW Allan in the UK did not like it at all.
The concept is certainly an interesting one - the big turn off for me though is the female star. Just can't get my ears to get past that.
I think the idea of Patti playing the tuba...well, I think it's the perfect instrument for her.

::)

This Playbill article gives the entire ensemble/instrument match-ups.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2005, 04:50:50 PM »

The perfect muffin has a good ful-crum texture.

Best I could do, sorry.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2005, 04:56:18 PM »

Hooray.  A cast recording not to get.

I, of course, will be first in line!  I love Patti and Sweeney Todd.  But it is okay if you don't. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2005, 04:57:26 PM »

Der B is intently watching a news report: a Jet Blue airbus is circling over Los Angeles, with jammed landing gear.  They are going to try a soft landing, but haven't decided where to land.

Could be Burbank Airport, could be Long Beach, could be LAX, could even be Ontario.

It's making for a change of pace from hurricanes.

Danise

« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2005, 04:57:55 PM »

Sorry folks.  I've misplaced my poker for my PDA and am looking for it high and low.  Sigh.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »

I keep wanting to create a sentence with the phrase
"wonder fulcrum attics"...but it's too complex and  above me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2005, 04:58:55 PM »

Der B is intently watching a news report: a Jet Blue airbus is circling over Los Angeles, with jammed landing gear.  They are going to try a soft landing, but haven't decided where to land.

Could be Burbank Airport, could be Long Beach, could be LAX, could even be Ontario.

It's making for a change of pace from hurricanes.

They are on their way to LAX - looking for a foam landing
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up