Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: STRAINING CREDULITY  (Read 106216 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:STRAINING CREDULITY
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2005, 09:17:07 AM »

I had NO idea they had such power!!

Why didn't they do something about turning the hurricanes I wonder?   ;D

Your guess is as good as mine!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2005, 09:18:09 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2005, 09:19:13 AM »

Thought I'd check back in once I got home from my errands as I sit here waiting for the rice and corn to finish cooking.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2005, 09:21:47 AM »

The USA TODAY TV critic gave tonight's next episode of THRESHOLD a good review (carped about the ending at little), so I will be watching.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2005, 09:21:53 AM »

Your guess is as good as mine!  :D

I watched part of Larry King Live last night.  He was talking to Ben Nye, "The Science Guy."  Callers were phoning in, and one guy called in and asked Ben:

"Why can't they do something to make the waters of the Gulf cooler?"

Ben cracked nary a grin.  He took a moment and then launched into the environmental reasons the Gulf is warmer than in the past and doled out suggestions of how we, as a planet, can stop and reverse global warming.

I'd much rather have heard Larry or Ben ask the caller if he might be suggesting the installation of a cooling system!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2005, 09:37:30 AM »

Off to have my lunch now.

WBBL.

Jason

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2005, 09:43:02 AM »

I watched part of Larry King Live last night.  He was talking to Ben Nye, "The Science Guy."  Callers were phoning in, and one guy called in and asked Ben:

"Why can't they do something to make the waters of the Gulf cooler?"

Ben cracked nary a grin.  He took a moment and then launched into the environmental reasons the Gulf is warmer than in the past and doled out suggestions of how we, as a planet, can stop and reverse global warming.

I'd much rather have heard Larry or Ben ask the caller if he might be suggesting the installation of a cooling system!!

Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

Ben Nye is the makeup man.

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2005, 09:44:38 AM »

Thought I'd check back in once I got home from my errands as I sit here waiting for the rice and corn to finish cooking.

Rice AND Corn?

TWO STARCHES?

Honey child....tsk!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2005, 09:46:10 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

Last night I dreamed I was at Manderley.

In an early post, FJL mentions the name Nicole Kidman - in my dream, I was making a comeback as an actor, and we were filming on a set.  The director was that woman, Angelika Holland, who did The Little Princess, I think.  My co-star was Nicole Kidman, and we seemed to be getting along very well indeed.  She was very sweet, and at one point we were sitting watching a playback on the monitor, and I had my arm around her shoulder and she said, "That's lovely, very friendly."  And then I rubbed her neck a bit, and she loved that.  The End.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2005, 09:46:58 AM »

I wonder if dear reader Jose has a couple of hours to do a leetle job for me, which he can do from his home environment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2005, 09:47:44 AM »

I was put off last night's CSI premiere.

All the promos heralded "the case that will reunite the team".

Well....the team was reunited in the first frame...all on the job...with only one comment by Nick referencing last season's terrific closer:

Some dude: "How's it going, Nick?
Nick:  "Glad to be above ground!"

A few more minutes of standard, routine non-involving (for me) stuff (I burned out on CSI reruns about three weeks ago), and I was on my computer looking for things to bid on at eBay.

Yawn.

Jason

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2005, 09:48:20 AM »

Rice AND Corn?

TWO STARCHES?

Honey child....tsk!

ONLY TWO?? That's a diet in the south. Where are the potatoes? Where's the bread?

Jason

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2005, 09:58:35 AM »

Just read that the levees in the 9th Ward have broken again and that part of New Orleans is flooding at a rate of about 3 inches per minute...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 09:59:05 AM by Jason »

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2005, 09:59:03 AM »

DR RonP, I hope that was a sarcastic post! :)

I know who you mean though. Norman is the big chunky guy who won the immunity, right?

I'm finding it hard to follow most of the players.  There are just too many at this point.  Although I am so thankful they kept steph.  I would have been really mad to see her go.

I'm not sure what to think about what Norman said. Yes Blake is sick.  And yes the nurse is spending a lot of energy on him.  But if Bobby Jon got so sick then obviously this is much tougher than it seems.

Plus Blake totally won the reward challenge for them.

I wish they had shown the discussion where the team decided to switch their votes. I believe it was because that kid told Morgan (the older fishmonger lady) and she talked to Gary (the quarterback). I guess maybe he has a lot of pull on the tribe.

I just hope that Steph gets an alliance and fast.  I love her!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2005, 10:02:49 AM »

DR RonP, I hope that was a sarcastic post! :)

I know who you mean though. Brandon is the big chunky guy who won the immunity, right?

I'm finding it hard to follow most of the players.  There are just too many at this point.  Although I am so thankful they kept steph.  I would have been really mad to see her go.

I'm not sure what to think about what Brandon said. Yes Blake is sick.  And yes the nurse is spending a lot of energy on him.  But if Bobby Jon got so sick then obviously this is much tougher than it seems.

Plus Blake totally won the reward challenge for them.

I wish they had shown the discussion where the team decided to switch their votes. I believe it was because that kid told Morgan (the older fishmonger lady) and she talked to Gary (the quarterback). I guess maybe he has a lot of pull on the tribe.

I just hope that Steph gets an alliance and fast.  I love her!

Brandon is the lean one...long hair, wears a hat.  Blake did bring home the win in the reward challenge...but he didn't win it all by himself.

The big guy, Judd, won the immunity challenge.  He's not Brandon, but he's as put off by Blake as Brandon.  

I wasn't being sarcastic.  Just stating my feelings.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:47:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2005, 10:05:04 AM »

Hmmm, let me see.  What can I write that can live up to today's subject?

How do I strain credulity?

Is it anything like straining carrots?

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2005, 10:13:59 AM »

Norman is the lean one...long hair, wears a hat.  Blake did bring home the win in the reward challenge...but he didn't win it all by himself.

The big guy, whose name eludes me, won the immunity challenge.  He's not Norman, but he's as put off by Blake as Norman.  

I wasn't being sarcastic.  Just stating my feelings.

Oh sorry, the way you described him I thought you were being slightly sarcastic.

Ah okay I recall Norman. Now what is the name of the bigger one? I thought you were referring to him since he REALLY expressed his feelings re: blake (much more so than the skinny guy).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2005, 10:24:53 AM »

Wasn't it Shakespeare who said:

The quality of credulity is not strained;
It's so chunky, you'll eat it with a fork!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2005, 10:29:35 AM »

It's the soup that eats like a meal.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2005, 10:50:13 AM »

Oh sorry, the way you described him I thought you were being slightly sarcastic.

Ah okay I recall Brandon. Now what is the name of the bigger one? I thought you were referring to him since he REALLY expressed his feelings re: blake (much more so than the skinny guy).

Judd!

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 02:48:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2005, 10:53:04 AM »

Oh, Lord...the three little maids are on right now: me, Jose and  Larry.

Three little old maids.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jason

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2005, 10:55:27 AM »

Hey, now....I'm not THAT old!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2005, 10:59:14 AM »

I have been thinking  a lot about Ozderek and trying to think of things I could do to help spread the word about organ donations. I just ran across this site which seemed to be aparticularly good one so I thought I might share

http://www.donatelife.net/

and another

http://www.transplantfund.org/About/overview.cfm
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 11:19:29 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2005, 11:02:58 AM »

It's not the years, Jason, it's the MILEAGE!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2005, 11:03:05 AM »

Oh, God, my hometown is such a boring mess!  Outside of the library and its computers, there is nothing to do while waiting for friends andfamily to get home from work.  I'm reading a mystery, eating way too much fast food, and playing at the library.

When I was a kid, the downtown area was a great place to go:  lots of stores, several five and dimes, a great drugstore with super fountain coca cola.  Around 1964, the city commissioners, all assholes, had the idea of enclosing the downtown area to make a large mall.  Well, as more and more business moved out toward the highway and several malls got built outside of town, the downtown area perished.  By the time the mall was dissembled, there was no more commerce there.  My hometown is now like a doughnut with a large empty hole where the commercial district was once.  

So, now you drive down Central Avenue, and there are a few auto parts stores, a florist, a news store, maybe a tattoo parlor and a lot of empty storefronts, which the city commissioners have decorated as if they're still thriving.  It's like they dragged a corpse out of a coffin, tarted it up and are pretending it's alive.  Oy!

When I drove my brother's car back to my father's Wednesday night, I had to drive through downtown Middletown. It's like 'Salem's Lot:  a few cars, a lot of abandoned buildings and no people.  Very scary.  And very sad.  I may have to go out to a mall and buy some postcards to send.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2005, 11:03:53 AM »

Exactly how old are you, Vera?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2005, 11:04:14 AM »

I, for one, am so glad elmore has found the library computers and can be with us whilst he's out of town.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2005, 11:06:21 AM »

I did do something good for my soul today.  I went to a florist, bought two roses, and went to Woodside Cemetary to leave them on the graves of long-lost loves (1969 and 1979).  Still miss them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2005, 11:06:38 AM »

Gee, DR Elmore3003:  Maybe you need to send a message up to Noah, saying 'Hey! Better send some people down.  Everyone on earth...is out of town.'"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2005, 11:11:34 AM »

I, for one, am so glad elmore has found the library computers and can be with us whilst he's out of town.

Dear Friend BK, you and the wonderful folk are keeping me sane.  Tonight I'm having dinner with my friends Alan and Lilliane Freeman, and I'm seeing DRGinny and her husband Richard, who was my best friend in high school.   I've got one more friend to track down for Saturday, and on Tuesday, I do my guest star appearance at Miami University to discuss professional careers in music and theatre.  I am very much looking forward to that.

I forgot to mention that one of my obligations is to visit my mother's grave with my father.  That will be grisly; after 11 years, a second wife and two or three girlfriends, he still blubbers like a baby over her.  I get quite embarassed.  Can you believe it's 11 years ago we recorded Miss Sally Mayes' Comden and Green salad?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up