Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ACID REFLUX  (Read 105859 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:ACID REFLUX
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2005, 08:10:52 AM »

I know we took field trips all the time, but I cannot honestly remember any that really resonate with me today. I'm sure at the time, I loved them. The county library was only two blocks from my elementary school, and we as a class often walked there. The elementary school library was actually a pretty sad affair back in those days, so walking to the county library to get books was a pretty common occurrence.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2005, 08:11:54 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 2 Dance!!![/move]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2005, 08:21:55 AM »

Good morning, all!  Last night was a lovely dinner with Alan, Lilliane and Julie Freeman at their house:  grilled steaks, tortellini, a great salad, pumpkin pie, and too much wine.  Lilliane is French-Italian; Alan met her in Paris around 1980.  Their elder daughter Elodie is a freshman at Ohio State University.  

I have no idea where my father is; he was not around when I dragged my hungover body out of bed, and I wanted to ask him about the flying fish.  When I got to the Freeman's last night, there were two small fish carcasses stuck to the hood of my car.  I, of course, believe it's an alien invasion, but I'm totally puzzled by the occurrence.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:22:20 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2005, 08:23:17 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, it was a very cool evening here in NYC.  So cool, in fact, that I've woken up with a slight case of the sniffles.  But I should be fine once my breakfast settles, and I take my shower.

Now I'm just watching the hurricane coverage on CNN... which doesn't really seem to be providing much actual news right now. ???

*I was going to watch the American Theatre Wing Seminar this morning which is covering the works of Tennessee Williams.  But after seeing who was on the panel... Jessica Lange, Natasha Richardson, Christian Slater, etc... I sort of lost interest.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2005, 08:25:16 AM »

I have no idea where my father is; he was not around when I dragged my hungover body out of bed, and I wanted to ask him about the flying fish.  When I got to the Freeman's last night, there were two small fish carcasses stuck to the hood of my car.  I, of course, believe it's an alien invasion, but I'm totally puzzled by the occurrence.

Now that's certainly interesting...  Could it possibly be some sort of "Welcome home!" totem?  Or maybe it's what the gangs do in that part of the US to tag cars?

???
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2005, 08:28:20 AM »

DRJose, it's quite bizarre, and I wonder if it's some paternal sloppiness involving tomorrow's family fish fry (I feel like something out of GREEN PASTURES)?  Speculation about this section of SW Ohio is endless, however.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2005, 08:34:21 AM »

Topic of the Day:

The one field trip that sticks in my mind was when I was in fifth grade in Connecticut.  We took a day trip to Colonial Sturbridge Village.  -Basically a sort of Colonial Williamsburg North.  Churning butter, blacksmithing, fixing a wagon wheel, etc.  Lots of fun.

Actually, we went on field trips quite regularly when I was in fifth grade.  One science class related trip was a trek to a marsh area.  We had to wear those rubber "waders" - those fishing pants(?) - and we walked around in the water observing the wildlife, and collecting samples to take back to the classroom.

Another time, we went to the home of one of the teachers.  he was on a nice parcel of land that happened "hold" lots of buried treasure - well, artifacts from the colonial period.  I think his house was an old farm.  I remember digging up a wagon wheel on his property.  That was way cool!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2005, 08:35:13 AM »

DRJose, it's quite bizarre, and I wonder if it's some paternal sloppiness involving tomorrow's family fish fry (I feel like something out of GREEN PASTURES)?  Speculation about this section of SW Ohio is endless, however.

Could they have fallen from the sky?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2005, 08:38:12 AM »

Good morning!

Cool enough early morning air led me out on my usual walk, but just like yesterday, the sun came out blazingly enough to make the last third of the walk kind of miserable.

Well, I think I'd be more than a bit worried if the sun ever came out chillingly cool.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2005, 08:41:15 AM »

Could they have fallen from the sky?

Ah, the Miami River!  Home to flying fishes.  It's a veritable tourist trap.

Well, I am bewildered.  Now I have two mysteries to solve before I head back.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2005, 08:43:49 AM »

Well, I think I'd be more than a bit worried if the sun ever came out chillingly cool.

;)

There's a bright sun and there's a blazing sun, at least in the South. Sad to say, ours is still blazing and making my walks more of a chore than a pleasure.

My air conditioning is still running during the night because the house heats up so much during the day.

Argh! :'(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2005, 08:45:05 AM »

Oh...

Since I'll be sitting in the pit of The Imperial in a few hours, I went ahead and checked out:

http://www.dirtyrottenscoundrelsthemusical.com

Be sure to check out the "Customs Declarations"!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2005, 08:45:19 AM »

obviously you haven't had the chance or the inclination to watch either THRESHOLD or INVASION which had aliens dropping into our waters and infecting fish, etc.

This could be INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS all over again!

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2005, 08:46:06 AM »

DR Jose, have you seen the show? You should thoroughly enjoy it.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2005, 08:50:47 AM »

Well, once again, Vanessa Redgrave, Christopher Reeve, and THE BOSTONIANS will have to take a back seat.

Since I have two different DVD players attached to my HDTV, I have decided that I want to sync up the first DVD of BEN-HUR with the new remastered edition and spend a little while jumping back and forth and comparing their video and their audio qualities for myself.

Then, I'll settle in for awhile watching the movie's second half which I didn't watch at all last week when I made the decision to order the new version.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »

Well, time for me to get ready to head in...

OH!  DR Ginny - Your mail arrived today.  Thank you!

:)

OK...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2005, 08:52:17 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

One cannot watch a film like Liberty Valance on TV - it needs to be seen in its proper ratio and without interruption.  The pacing of the film is very deliberate, with a long opening scene which leads to the film proper, a long flashback telling the tale, which leads to the finale.  It's only in the finale that the pace falters for about ten minutes.

Danise

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2005, 09:03:21 AM »

Morning errr make that Afternoon (by one minute) folks!

I'm so glad to see DR Jane and DH Keith are home safe from their trip!  Can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pictures!

Liberty Valance is one of my favorite John Wayne films.  I never thought it was to long.

Hey, Elmore, what is it fish?   ;D  Well, someone had to say it!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »

Thank you Vixmom for the concern but Rita is heading away from Florida and towards Texas.  I'm glad we aren't going to get it but I pray for those who will.

Even thought NO isn't getting the full hurricane, they will be getting more rain that they don't need.  I think if I lived there, I would be moving out for good.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2005, 09:05:30 AM »

One cannot watch a film like Liberty Valance on TV - it needs to be seen in its proper ratio and without interruption.  The pacing of the film is very deliberate, with a long opening scene which leads to the film proper, a long flashback telling the tale, which leads to the finale.  It's only in the finale that the pace falters for about ten minutes.

Oh, boy, bk, you're preaching to the choir here. I KNOW I haven't given it a fair shot. One of these days, I will.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2005, 09:06:20 AM »

Hey, Elmore, what is it fish?   ;D  Well, someone had to say it!

It was fish.  So much fish.   I'm not even on the Road to Mandalay, only the Road to Ruin.

Matt H.

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2005, 09:07:42 AM »

Oh, boy, bk, you're preaching to the choir here. I KNOW I haven't given it a fair shot. One of these days, I will.

Oops (Spoo), pun not intended!    ::)

Ben

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2005, 09:07:59 AM »

If this weather holds up the HHW Week Long October Fun Fest participants will need jackets. It's perceptibly cooler today with a breeze blowing through the city. Perhaps Fall has finally arrived!

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2005, 09:08:29 AM »

Off to get some lunch cooked now.

WBBL.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2005, 09:09:53 AM »

If this weather holds up the HHW Week Long October Fun Fest participants will need jackets. It's perceptibly cooler today with a breeze blowing through the city. Perhaps Fall has finally arrived!

All I can say is I am envious!  :-\

It's already in the 80s here.

Danise

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »

The heck with the jacket!  I've packed my COAT!  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2005, 09:12:01 AM »

So, I'm thinking I might hit a movie today.  I have no plans until around 4, and I'm getting bored with the library.

TOD:  I remember few field trips, one to a steel company which involved a lot of walking through very hot buildings, one to the Cincinnati Symphony, which I loved, one to a paper mill.  One summer, in 6th grade, I was in a program for "gifted" children; it was basically one field trip after another: dairy farm, some park in Dayton, etc.  I remember next to nothing about it now.

Danise

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2005, 09:15:37 AM »

Next Saturday at this time I will be in NYC!  How cool is that?

I've got my chore to do as well.  Grocery shopping.  I'm buying lots of extra goodies so my Mom and the the dogs will be well stocked while I'm away.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2005, 09:16:07 AM »

I often preach to the choir and they enjoy it very much.  I usually start off with "I believuh in miraclesssssss."  Then I follow that with, "And now - Dino at the piano."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2005, 09:17:47 AM »

I'm being kicked off the computer.  I will return later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up