Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR  (Read 39169 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:PANTYHOSE AND A PEIGNOIR
« Reply #420 on: October 07, 2005, 08:23:14 PM »

More lovely photos....and a sweet doggie!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #421 on: October 07, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »

a Dr Mabuse is on TCM tonight, I think I may give it a look.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #422 on: October 07, 2005, 08:25:58 PM »

Is that Dear Reader Mabuse?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2005, 08:30:35 PM »

The highest number of posts since 6th June.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2005, 08:37:28 PM »

Back from rehearsal and supper with shocking news.  The Good Guys is going out of business.  They say that GE will honor extended warranties, so I'll be calling GE first thing on Monday, since I paid five hundred bucks for a five-year extended warranty last Feb for the new TV.  What a world.

I thought I might have other news, because UPS told a different story to the publisher's rep, and we thought the books might make it here this afternoon, but no, it was just more bs and the books will hopefully arrive Monday pre-noon.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2005, 08:37:37 PM »

I have the guest room to get ready for my company tomorrow, so I must leave now.

Hope all have pleasant evenings.

Good night, all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »

Not sure if I'll have time for a trivia question this week - we'll see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2005, 08:38:54 PM »

I think if we have a somewhat healthy posting day tomorrow, we'll achieve our new and impressive plateau.

FJL

« Reply #428 on: October 07, 2005, 08:52:21 PM »

The friends I'm supposed to see UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG with both say they definitely want to at least try to get there (it's about an hour and a quarter ride from Penn Station).  I guess if I don't at least try to see UMBRELLAS, the terrorists have won, and stuff like that.

That reminds me of another one of those misheard sayings that came up when the topic of the day was silly sayings:   "Lead us not into Penn Station" (misheard version of "Lead us not into temptation")

So IF there's a trivia question, and I appear E&T about trying to answer it, it'll just be that I'm out in Red Bank, New Jersey not giving in to the terrorist threat.  :)  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #429 on: October 07, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »

Thanks! Someone was filming him and he kept stopping to pose with women. He wasn't even asking for tips, so I had to join in!
Tips on what?  How to wear less?  How to wear more without seeming to?

Details!  I want details!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #430 on: October 07, 2005, 09:13:27 PM »

Back from spending the evening with DR Jose. We had some ice cream and saw the new movie, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio," which was a very loverly picture. So good, in fact, that I dragged DR Jose to the Virgin Megastore so I could buy a copy of the book.

And now I'm really tired. Still catching up on my rest from the tour, I suppose.

Tomorrow I'm off to Doylestown, PA, to see a production of HONK!, JR. Woo and hoo.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #431 on: October 07, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »

Back from rehearsal and supper with shocking news.  The Good Guys is going out of business.  They say that GE will honor extended warranties, so I'll be calling GE first thing on Monday, since I paid five hundred bucks for a five-year extended warranty last Feb for the new TV.  What a world.
How is this shocking news?  Good Guys was sinking back when I was living in California, two years ago.  The operations they had running with Tower, called WOW!, in both Glendale and Long Beach, ended up with the Good Guys part of the stores almost devoid of equipment to be sold.

Hope you get that warrenty cleared up quickly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #432 on: October 07, 2005, 09:35:58 PM »

Is that Dear Reader Mabuse?

But is it better than Selfabuse?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #433 on: October 07, 2005, 09:57:50 PM »

Cillaliz, what an adorable dog he was. What breed is that?

Ummmm, I don't know, I'll have to ask. He belonged to my nephew's wife. They just got married in September and I think Spike died in July or August. That was the only day I ever saw him.

Cillaliz

« Reply #434 on: October 07, 2005, 09:59:50 PM »

Tips on what?  How to wear less?  How to wear more without seeming to?

Details!  I want details!

LOL! Usually you have to pay him to pose for photos, or that's what he's known for, but I didn't see anyone pay him that day, so I didn't either and he didn't ask for any money...ie tips!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #435 on: October 07, 2005, 10:11:24 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #436 on: October 07, 2005, 10:14:35 PM »

I made it to the auditions I played earlier this afternoon just in time - the A Train was running half-speed between 145th and Columbus Circle due to pending track work this weekend.  But I made it, and it was another great day filled with great people.

I love my job!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #437 on: October 07, 2005, 10:26:20 PM »

I ended up having sushi for dinner with some friends before meeting up with DR Jason for ice cream and the movie.

The ice cream, Cold Stone Creamery, was good, and in order to atone for our caloric intake we walked from the AMC on 42nd down to the movies at 34th... And then back up to 42nd again.  And by that time, we were closer to the start times.

The movie, "The Contest Winner of Defiance, Ohio," was most enjoyable.  Quirky, sweet, funny and touching.  I had no idea what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

*The only "weird" thing about the movie-going experience tonight was the size of the theatre.   We were in Theatre 2, which is probably one of the smallest theatre in the complex.  I'd say there were about 110-120 seats.  But at least it was still stadium seating.

**And I suspect that many DRs will like this movie too, at the very least, the references to household products and TV shows of the time.  And the jingles!  Oh, the jingles!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #438 on: October 07, 2005, 10:33:57 PM »

I was just playing a Percy Faith track "Hey Jose". Coincidence.
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #439 on: October 07, 2005, 10:37:07 PM »

It's Friday night. There's no school tomorrow. I have a fridge full of Cherry Coke. I should be happy. But I have to waste a perfectly good Saturday tomorrow writing a paper on something I don't understand. How unseemly!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #440 on: October 07, 2005, 11:11:16 PM »

The whole company??  A Good Guys store just opened up here in Olympia last year! :o Shocking!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #441 on: October 07, 2005, 11:18:35 PM »

The whole company??  A Good Guys store just opened up here in Olympia last year! :o Shocking!

Ooops (spooo spelled backwards).  I'm thinking of Best Buy...they opened just last year.  Good Guys has been here in Olympia for quite a few years.  I've only gone there a couple of times in all that time. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #442 on: October 07, 2005, 11:47:37 PM »

Colonel Pickering is on board I see.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #443 on: October 07, 2005, 11:48:47 PM »

Not to be confused with Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #444 on: October 07, 2005, 11:51:47 PM »

Yep, Good Guys is this decade's Rogersound Labs - ta ta.  I must say, when I was there this evening, the salesman I spoke to about my warranty was a complete butt cheek, basically saying that he thought GE would handle the warranty, but that Good Guys bore no responsibility for it.  I tried to enlighten him as best I could that I didn't pay five hundred bucks to GE, nor was the name GE mentioned when the warranty was being sold to me.  Doesn't matter anyway, as I assume they're going bankrupt, but if this is the way they're going to deal with customers then they deserve the worst they can get.

Just starting the notes now, so they'll be a bit late - feel free to post away, you late-night denizens.

Tomovoz

« Reply #445 on: October 07, 2005, 11:53:08 PM »

I was just watching an old clip of Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney "Say Say Say".  Sad to compare the then and nows.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #446 on: October 08, 2005, 12:01:27 AM »

Not to be confused with Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick.

Actually, at the show tonight, one of the chorus boys decided that the real guilty party was Col. Pickering in the bathroom with the Vasoline.

So, sue me, I just repeated what he said.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #447 on: October 08, 2005, 12:04:45 AM »

Actually, at the show tonight, one of the chorus boys decided that the real guilty party was Col. Pickering in the bathroom with the Vasoline.

So, sue me, I just repeated what he said.

:o

George

« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2005, 12:05:16 AM »

Can we make it to page 16??  Only a couple more to go!!

George

« Reply #449 on: October 08, 2005, 12:05:53 AM »

Here goes...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up