Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROCRASTINATING  (Read 17969 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:PROCRASTINATING
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »

Hmmmm..... no one else in the place.

BK will not be pleased.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2005, 02:17:16 PM »

Before I go . . . .

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!!![/move]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2005, 02:24:30 PM »

I spy a Cillaliz, so all is not lost.  I hate when all is lost, but all is very absentminded in that regard.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2005, 02:29:34 PM »

Yes, I have mowed the yard, cleaned out the gutters and gotten some other stuff done around the yard. Stuff I hate to do, but it must be done while the sun is shining

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »

I finished REWIND last night and really enjoyed it.  I don't have much to add to the comments I've already read and wouldn't want to give anything away. So I'll just say it was great.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2005, 02:35:07 PM »

We will be leaving soon for another birthday. I will be gone for the evening. I will post later.

P.S. It's not a formal, ritzy affair.

Jed

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2005, 02:41:20 PM »

I don't know from ritzy.

I'd never heard of Po' Folks until reading yesterday's posts.  I've never eaten at Popeye's, but there is one right next to the Olive Garden that DG Ann and I had dinner at last night, so I will definitely give it a try sometime.  There was a Sambo's in my hometown that I vaguely recall, but closed when I was a wee sprig of a twig of a lad.  The building later became a Godfather's Pizza and is now a bank.

Ann and I are about to head out the door and across the state to see a dear friend of mine in The Last Five Years.  Will return tomorrow!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2005, 02:43:01 PM »

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to get ready to go to the symphony. I'll post more later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2005, 02:51:50 PM »

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to get ready to go to the symphony. I'll post more later.

That's ritzy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2005, 02:52:04 PM »

I missed "The Last Five Years" when it was performed in Melbourne a few months ago. As I did not care for the music of "Parade" maybe that's not such a bad thing.
I get to see a production of "Steel Pier" today and watched "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" last night. Such a fun show - I've not seen the film
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2005, 03:19:53 PM »

elmore GOOD CHECK VIBES!!![/size]

Tomovoz

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2005, 03:46:43 PM »

DR Elmore. Should we send food parcels?  Can you auction off MBarnum's underwear remaining on the premises? Has you rent money gone on postage to OZ?

Hope the checks arrive very quickly.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 03:47:29 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2005, 04:10:58 PM »

Okay, this is officially now bordering on nauseating.  At this rate, we shall undoubtedly achieve a new low here at haineshisway.com.  

Is this some sort of holiday that no one told me about?

Tomovoz

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2005, 04:27:27 PM »

TOTD: I attended a Wedding bash at 10 Downing Street when I was about 14 years old.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2005, 04:28:11 PM »

Of course it was reception centre in Melbourne but it's a real address.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2005, 04:30:03 PM »

There is td on the Board who shall no doubt post lots.

A defence of "Blood Brothers" perhaps. A show he mentioned in the same sentence as the brilliant "Kiss Of The Spider Woman".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »

I am now listening to the OC of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels".  More enjoyable after watching the show.  I found "Spamalot's" score the most accessible  of this year's shows. I've not attempted to listen to "Jane Eyre" yet.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2005, 04:39:09 PM »

Ten post an hour is not really a big ask!
I'll be off dancing on a Steel Pier for much of that time so I can't contribute.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:39:59 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »

Hopefully there will be a "Seussical" report and a "Last Five Years" review to read when I return late this afternoon (Oz Time)
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »

OK, I'm going to have to head out of here in a few moments to get on the road. Ordinarily I wouldn't have to leave so early, but in order to get to the theater where SEUSSICAL is playing, I have to go past the NASCAR speedway where they are having this week's NASCAR 500 mile race tonight. Have no idea how crowded the roads will be at this time of day, but I'm afraid it may delay me by half an hour if I don't get going.
I wouldn't worry so much about the crowded roads.  It's the guys who get "inspired" and try to copy what they've just seen out there on the highways.

Safe travels.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2005, 05:12:22 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the ritzy partay.  I do hope that we have a little rally here, or, upon my returning your cheeks will be burning because the bitch-slapping machine is coming out of the closet, if you get my drift.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2005, 05:13:04 PM »

...I hate when all is lost, but all is very absentminded in that regard.
All is not lost.  All is on aisle sixteen, with the rest of the laundry detergent.

If you need to use the rest room, just take aisle twenty to the back of the store.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2005, 05:22:55 PM »

Topic of the day:  

I'm going to have to say my brother's wedding was the most elegant affair I'd ever been to.  They opted to go small (about 100 people) so that they could really class it up.  They offended a number of people who couldn't be invited, so my parents had to throw a second party the following week for the overflow, but the wedding reception itself was a wonderful experience.  They also threw a really fine bar-mitzvah for my nephew four years ago, extremely elegant, and not quite so intimate.  So I'd say my brother and sister-in-law really know how to throw a party.

A firm I worked for in the 1980's threw a Tax Department party at the Tavern on the Green that was so elaborately themed and varied in its food and drink that - while not ritzy in the apparel of the guests - I'd have to rank it high on my list of tastefully ostentatious affairs.  Actually bigger and more elaborate than a typical Broadway opening,  making some of the employees wonder why the money wan't put into bonuses and raises.  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2005, 05:24:03 PM »

One thing that always amazes me is how, at these ritzy events where dinner is served, they manage to get all those plates out together.  I have enough trouble getting two plates out at the same time (one for der B, one for myself), but I've been to events where there have been over a thousand people served all at once.

All right, the only course that's a real hassle is the main course.  Salads are easy to compose in advance, as are the desserts, but getting out a thousand main courses out at the same time is a real trick.

Whoever figured out squeeze bottles can help with the plating of sauces was a genius.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2005, 05:37:22 PM »

A firm I worked for in the 1980's threw a Tax Department party at the Tavern on the Green that was so elaborately themed and varied in its food and drink that - while not ritzy in the apparel of the guests - I'd have to rank it high on my list of tastefully ostentatious affairs.  Actually bigger and more elaborate than a typical Broadway opening,  making some of the employees wonder why the money wan't put into bonuses and raises.  :)
Believe it or not, the cost per employee of such a dinner is far less than a bonus or raise would have been.  While their website isn't forthcoming with the prices they charge, they do note that for events held at Tavern On the Green they throw in the floor-length table linens at no extra cost...which suggests that they have these events often enough to amortize the costs and pass on the savings to their clients.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2005, 06:06:55 PM »

Back from watching one exciting quarter of football (and 3 pretty dull ones) - Michigan 27, Penn State 25 - quite a finish.  I'm glad we were there to watch it with my mom.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2005, 06:48:31 PM »

Too pooped to post in detail but today was a ritzy affair and I have been to a few in Twxas when my multimillionare Uncle's  only daughter (my cousin Sue) got married.

We mixed with people like Ann Richards and John Hightower
and the CEO's  of several airlines at her wedding....

Lord knows who we mixed with at this wedding m, but I personally ate enough food for all the people currenty living in NYC ....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

td

• td
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2005, 07:17:02 PM »

One thing that always amazes me is how, at these ritzy events where dinner is served, they manage to get all those plates out together.  I have enough trouble getting two plates out at the same time (one for der B, one for myself), but I've been to events where there have been over a thousand people served all at once.

Having worked in catering at Carnegie-Mellon for several of fifteen years, I can say that I have happily and efficiently served up to 600 people in one room at the same time (The President's Ball) and well over two thousand scattered all about the campus (Graduation).  All I can say is it takes tons of careful planning and the best staffs money can buy. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2005, 07:18:31 PM »

We mixed with people like Ann Richards and John Hightower
and the CEO's  of several airlines at her wedding....

You had me very scared there for a minute!  My ex, last seen heading towards TCB's Tacoma is named John Hightower. . . . :o

td

• td
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »

Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up