Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: CRACKED CRAB  (Read 34084 times)

MBarnum

Re:CRACKED CRAB
« Reply #300 on: November 04, 2005, 09:33:11 PM »

Doesn't it rain every 17 minutes or something where you live?  Did your car stay dry or did it suffer any interior damage?

It does get a bit wet here this time of year! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #301 on: November 04, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »

Did anyone watch THE GREEN SLIME today?

Tomovoz

« Reply #302 on: November 04, 2005, 09:44:04 PM »

Green slime.  Should you clean the bathroom more often?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2005, 09:45:38 PM »

Goodnight Ron, Joy, Tom & Francois!

Bonne nuit, Vixmaman!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #304 on: November 04, 2005, 09:59:20 PM »

Good Evening!

WOW!  I'm actually all caught up on my reading!

-And now to see what I remember - and don't remember as the case may be...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2005, 10:01:26 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - As for the music in Lestat...  I do like it.  -And that's all I'll say about it and the show, in general, for right now.  Maybe once the show closes - in about ten years ;) - I'll post my opinions.  But for now, I'll be sort of "third party" about it, I guess - is that the proper term?
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2005, 10:03:32 PM »

Loved those pix, vixmom!
I, too, watched STAR WARS III tonight - I hadn't seen it in the theaters, but, still - there were no surprises. (well, maybe the nod to MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL's Black Knight).  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - George Lucas is a technical genius, but as a director working with actors. . .I dunno, I'd like to think that the initial STAR WARS casts brought so much more to their parts than anyone in this second trilogy.
On the other hand, story-wise, I think that after only one viewing, SITH has become my second favorite STAR WARS vehicle.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2005, 10:07:53 PM »

RE: The Union Musician's walk-out - now Lock Out - at Radio City Music Hall.

I'm actually a member of the same union, the American Federation of Musicians, Local 802 - well, I will be as soon as my paperwork goes through next week.  -However, I am a member of the DC Local of the AFM.

The Radio City Music Hall musicians have a totally different contract than the Broadway musicians have, so the walk-out doesn't those of us on the Great White Way right now.  From the little I've read, it sounds like Radio City pulled a "something" off the contract negotiation table at the last minute.  *Of course, Radio City pre-records all their music for promotional spots and their annual Christmas tours, so they had the tapes to use for the subsequent performances.

-And my question is - and this is not from "union" mind - Since Radio City Music Hall is not paying a pit of LIVE musicians right now, are those audience members who paid FULL price to see and hear a LIVE show going to get partial refund of their ticket price reflecting the amount that would have gone into the musician's payroll fund?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2005, 10:08:17 PM »

RE: Douglas Sills - I did not run into him today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2005, 10:09:46 PM »

RE: Jim Stanek - DR td - I'll ask him if he wants to see those pictures.

*I'm also going to bring my camera to rehearsal tomorrow, and try to snap a couple of shots since it will be my last day with the cast until they return to New York next February.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »

DR Tomovoz - RE: My former life as "Ito"... :D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2005, 10:10:34 PM »

DR TCB - Thank you for your  kind words.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2005, 10:14:03 PM »

DR elmore - I hope Dylan gets better soon.  -From the symptoms you described, it sounds like Dylan may have something similar to what I had two springs ago - a double bacterial: a sinus infection and a throat infection that ended up "colliding" in my mouth and causing all sort of problems.

-The coughing up of blood could be the result of some serious acid reflux.

Have the clinic docs do a swab of his tongue and check it under the microscope.  He may need a serious round of antibiotics, plus something like Prevacid to control the acid refulx - which will only get 'worse' when he's on the anti-biotics.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2005, 10:16:31 PM »

DR elmore - ...And glad to know all is going well with the Chicago concert.

Were you originally scheduled to fly standby?  Just save the "nerves" and take your regularly scheduled flight - if you had one.

*Oh, it turns out that one of Stuart's* clients is one of the speakers at the Chicago Humanities Festival/Conference this week.  He had a copy of the program on his desk.  Great lineup of people!

*I'll "explain" Stuart in my next post.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2005, 10:19:05 PM »

DR Tomovoz - RE: My former life as "Ito"... :D
At least my memory is not shot!
Hello from Colin, Fosca & Magnus.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2005, 10:19:56 PM »

As DR Jason mentioned earlier, I had a date last night. And my date was with Stuart - whom I believed I mentioned a few weeks ago.  I think that as of last night we may be officially dating now.  So...  -I'll be seeing him again tomorrow night, so maybe I can confirm our status with him and get back to you later.

;)

All in all, we had a very nice evening.   And I have to say that I haven't felt this comfortable and at ease with someone in a long time.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2005, 10:22:41 PM »

As for Sweeney Todd - I loved it too!  And Ms. LuPone really controls herself throughout the production.  -Well, maybe there's a flash or two of "PATTI" in one or two spots, but for the most part, it's a very non-star turn performance.. But still a wonderful one!

*And since the staging calls for everyone to be on stage when the curtain goes up - and throughout the rest of the show - there's no chance of any "inappropriate" entrance applause.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2005, 10:23:34 PM »

I'm back and must now sit on my couch like so much fish, as my brain has been working overtime all the livelong day and night.  Had a very interesting evening, about which more later.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2005, 10:34:30 PM »

The plot synopsis of THREE WISHES FOR JAMIE on the LP has something I cannot reconcile. One of Jamie's wishes is to have a son who can speak Gaelic. When Jamie gets married, it turns out his wife is barren, as are all the women in her line, "childless for generations," quoth the liner notes. But where on earth did the wife come from, then??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2005, 10:35:36 PM »

And as for Lestat... (again)...

This really has been a wonderful week.  Truly a "dream week".  Yes, it will be "sad" leaving the show after tomorrow, but this whole week was not supposed to be "mine" anyway originally.  I was not supposed to be in Lestat land until sometime in mid-February.  Again, my "dream" ended up coming true a few months ahead of schedule.  Truly a blessing.

And then this coming Tuesday, I get to have another "meet and greet" with a whole new cast of people down at Arena Stage.

And a final word or two about opinions -

As for my opinion - It really is just too early to form an opinion, a judgment of the show.   I was just exposed to the whole thing this week.  Others have been with the show for months already, some for years.  Once the show becomes what it's supposed to be, then maybe I'll post a thought or two.  But for now, I'd rather just comment on my experiences and pass on greetings to whomever I'm supposed to pass on greetings to and from.  ;)

And for YOUR opinions - If any DRs will be seeing the show - I know at least two DRs have already purchased their tickets - please feel free to post your thoughts and reviews here on HHW.  This is one instance where just "being the piano player" is a good thing.  My personal investment in the show is not so highly staked as say the actors and creative team.  Yes, if the show gets raked over the coals and ends up closing sooner than anyone would like, well.. that's just the biz.  And if it ends up running for years and years, well, that's just the biz too.

I've always liked reading reviews of shows I'm involved with  - the good, the bad and the ugly.  I know some people who truly do not read any reviews, and I understand where they're coming from.  For me, however, it's always been "fun" to see what someone "official" things of the show.  They don't bother me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »

DR vixmom - Glad to hear that the vixter is on the road to recovery.  *I'll try to get Mr. Panaro to sign something for her tomorrow.  Sssshhh...

:)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:37:47 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2005, 10:37:49 PM »

Patti did get a little applause (when she first moved or something) by the audience I was a part of.

She also got bigger applause than Cerveris, which I found slightly out of whack with caliber of performance. But one never knows whose people are in the audience.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2005, 10:39:46 PM »

And since I do have rehearsal in a couple of hours... And since the trains will be running "strangely" this weekend due to a ton of track work, I want to head out a bit earlier just to make sure I make it to midtown on time... And since I am tired and sleepy...

OH!....
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #323 on: November 04, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

Patti did get a little applause (when she first moved or something) by the audience I was a part of.

She also got bigger applause than Cerveris, which I found slightly out of whack with caliber of performance. But one never knows whose people are in the audience.

Has the applause made Patti melt?

(I know, i know!) :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 10:44:27 PM by François »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: November 04, 2005, 10:41:40 PM »

BK - If you happen to see Larry Blank again, please say HI for me.  -And as it turns out, I had dinner earlier tonight with one of his assitants/friends, Jim May.  He's in town rehearsing White Christmas - he'll be the assistant conductor for the L.A. company.
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #325 on: November 04, 2005, 10:42:27 PM »

Cheesey, François, very cheesey!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #326 on: November 04, 2005, 10:43:14 PM »

OH.. and Jim and I had dinner at La Cocina tonight too!

...And I took advantage of their "Two for One" margarita special too... -Those coconut ones are mighty tasty... and probably are responsible for some of my sleepiness right now... So...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: November 04, 2005, 10:43:54 PM »

As I was trying to say a few posts ago...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

François de Paris

« Reply #328 on: November 04, 2005, 10:46:15 PM »

Cheesey, François, very cheesey!

Here we'd say; Fromagy!!

(Those are the last minutes of my 12 hour shift! Not bad, hey?! :))

MBarnum

« Reply #329 on: November 04, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »

So I guess no one watched THE GREEN SLIME.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up