Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU KNOW THE DRILL  (Read 20477 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:YOU KNOW THE DRILL
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 07:55:50 AM »

Here's the new cover art for BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S:

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 07:56:27 AM »

Can that serve as a page dance, too?

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2005, 07:59:46 AM »

I believe I read that the new BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'Sis scheduled for February 7th.

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 08:13:27 AM »

Upcoming movies that I am looking forward to are the new KING KONG and the John Abraham movies WATER and GARAM MASALA.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 08:13:41 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

I'm looking forward to the new DVD of Tiffany's.  The last DVD, while anamorphic and well-colored, was too dark and too soft.  I'll put that on the sale pile today.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 08:45:04 AM »

As for upcoming CDs, well, the original cast CD of LESTAT, of course! Can't expect to see the show until next summer at the earliest.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2005, 08:45:25 AM »

I'm all alone on a Saturday! Argh!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2005, 08:50:58 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.

I watched a really amusing DVD last night - two hours of grindhouse movie trailers - those sleazy trailers for films that played 42nd St. during the late 60s and throughout the 70s.  My favorite was from 1970, a film called The Pink Angels - a "gay" biker film that I would now love to see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2005, 08:54:36 AM »

The other film that looked fascinating, shot in Duovision, was called Wicked, Wicked - you'd think you were watching the sleaziest, cheapest film ever made, and then you start noticing some of the cast - Tiffany Bolling, Arthur O'Connell, Aldo Ray, Madeline Sherwood, and you begin to wonder why they would ever take part in such a horridly cheap film - then you find out it's an MGM release directed by the Twilight Zone's Richard L. Bare.  Made the same year, I believe, as Bartel's Private Parts.   The latter, of course, I'm very fond of, and is a film that holds up very well.  As to Wicked, Wicked, I would now like to see it, although it looks fairly hideous from the hideous trailer.  It's probably worth it for the wailing of Tiffany Bolling singing the TITLE SONG.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2005, 08:58:18 AM »

Wicked, Wicked also features - wait for it - Edd "Kookie" Byrnes and Diane McBain.  Duovision was apparently split screen - yes, the entire film is done in split screen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2005, 08:58:50 AM »

I must see Wicked, Wicked NOW!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2005, 09:03:45 AM »

Someone find Wicked, Wicked for me - I must hear the title song IN FULL!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2005, 09:15:21 AM »

TOD: I'm looking forward to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Rent, The Producers, Shopgirl, Walk the Line, and the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

I've read all of the Harry Potter books and Shopgirl so I'm excited for those.  And I've never ready the Chronicles of Narnia, but everyone who knows my taste in reading has strongly recommended them to me.  Maybe I'll read the book before seeing the movie.

On Broadway, I'm excited for Lestat, Tarzan and the Color Purple.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »

I have a headache... too much red wine last night.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 09:23:32 AM »

Nobody here but us chickens.

I watched a really amusing DVD last night - two hours of grindhouse movie trailers - those sleazy trailers for films that played 42nd St. during the late 60s and throughout the 70s.  My favorite was from 1970, a film called The Pink Angels - a "gay" biker film that I would now love to see.
Cluck cluck cluck ca-CAAWWWWW!!!

Der Brucer used to belong to a gay biker club called the Lobocs.

Honest!  I can't make these things up!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2005, 09:29:52 AM »

Looking forward to the new Potter, Brokeback Mountain, The Producers.  I'll pass on Rent, didn't care for it on stage and see no reason to care for it on film.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2005, 09:35:08 AM »

I've spent my morning roasting and peeling chestnuts.  I got something like 14 ounces of nutmeats from 20 ounces of nuts.  I would have totalled more nutmeats, but some of it was consumed during the peeling process.   ::)

And yes, I used my new digital scale to get the weights.  Cool!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2005, 09:43:20 AM »

While I was peeling (go for it, TCB!), the doorbell rang.  A young woman was at the door, and explained that she and her husband had found a beagle pup in our neighborhood earlier, near the corner.  Since she knew we had several dogs, she was wondering if it was one of ours.

Nice to know we've got a reputation.

They had taken the pup to the local animal hospital; he has a collar, but no tags.  However, they did find that he has one of those microchips, so that might help finding his home.  Until then, he'll be staying with the young couple who found him.

Beagles are cute, I have to admit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2005, 10:06:44 AM »

I'm REALLY being given the Evil Eye, so I shall return in a few hours.

Jason

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2005, 10:51:56 AM »

"Valley of the Dolls" is finally being released on DVD?? Oh! Rapture!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2005, 10:58:22 AM »

Okay, you can add these to my list:

Brokeback Mountain
Capote
King Kong
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Pirates of the Carribean II

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2005, 10:58:22 AM »

I see elmore!  Welcome home, my friend!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2005, 11:01:41 AM »

T.O.T.D.

I am looking forward to seeing:

HARRY POTTER (in a theater)
KING KONG (maybe, in a theater)
CAPOTE[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2005, 11:03:11 AM »

I am also looking forward to seeing RENT and THE PRODUCERS.  I have not seen a movie at the theatre in many months!

Just came back from a fair where I saw my sis and her new 7 week old.  She is too cute!  I went over last night and we gave her a bath (and she didn't cry).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2005, 11:04:30 AM »

I will withhold judgment on BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN until I find out what the finished film is like.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2005, 11:19:30 AM »

I see elmore!  Welcome home, my friend!

Thank you, dear DRTCB!  I've had a fantastic day, and I have the HHW vibes to thank.  I hope they work for my friend Dylan as well.

I was up at 6:00 am this morning, dressed, and checked out of the hotel by 6:45.  The taxi got me to O'Hare by 7:10 and I was able to get standby on the 8:00 flight to LaGuardia.  The flight was a breeze, and I was back in my apartment by noon.  I've phoned Dylan to check on him, been to the post office for the week's mail, and now I have to do laundry.

The gala last night was amazing!  Everyone at the Humanities Festival said it was the best ever.  The conductor Aaron Gandy did an amazing job, everyone - with one exception - did quite well.  I love Leslie Uggams and her husband Graham (of Oz, DRTomovoz:  Sydney).  My orchestration of "Stormy Weather" was Leslie's last number and she tore down the house.  After the closing "Over the Rainbow," nobody in the audience wanted to leave.  It was truly a great night.  There was a wonderful party after the show, as well as a wonderful dinner before.  I did the Jose Eating Tour of Chicago.

We had one casualty on the concert and Sue Birch, our music librarian, needs all the positive vibes you can send her:  on Wednesday night, after leaving Symphony Hall, she fell and broke one ankle and sprained the other.  She's in great pain, and I don't know how she's dealing with her flight today from Chicago.  Negotiating taxis, wheelchairs and car services sound so unpleasant and terrifying.  She may need surgery, and the Humanities Festival is helping her with a lawyer on the fall.  I told her that I would be glad to handle for her any commitments she's got in the next few months, and I wish her all the best.

DRRodzinski, great new avatar!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2005, 11:32:18 AM »

Elmore, glad to know that you are home, safe and sound!  And congratulations on the wonderful evening!!

Can you comment on the "one exception?" ;) You don't have to name names...unless you want to.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »

BK, here's a picture of the pressbook that was on eBay last month, but the auction closed without any bids.

George

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2005, 11:43:47 AM »

And reading the IMDb listing, there is a Bruce Kimball in the cast. ;)

The one review, however, very strongly recommends that everyone completely avoid this movie!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 11:45:08 AM by George »

George

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2005, 11:45:27 AM »

I must post...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 11:46:47 AM by George »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up