Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S SHOW TIME  (Read 19372 times)

MBarnum

Re:IT'S SHOW TIME
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 09:30:17 AM »

I don't know from Broadway divas...but if the elderly lady I talked to at Joe Allen's is one, then she is my choice for favorite!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm into the last two weeks (I think) of playing in Toyland, and I still have to finish the fershlugganah notes!  This weekend's priority, however, is the holiday orchestrations for the Dec 14 concert.  I still have no idea what anyone is getting for Christmas.  Oy!

Except for Bryan, Craig and Craig's girlfriend I know what everyone is getting from us, nothing.  I’m not being grumpy, just tired.  I really can’t think of any gifts to send and I don’t like to just send just anything.  

You have reminded me I need to let my friends know I’m not sending anything this year.

Jane

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »

MBarnum I’m so glad Hildy has a nice new home.  Thanks to you two dogs now have good homes.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2005, 11:10:51 AM »

Saturday greetings from a busy library!  To counteract our usual parade of bottom-feeders, we have had lots of "normal" folks in today for excerpts from Human Race Theatre's Seussical:  The Musical, a fundraising workshop for nonprofits presented by my predecessor, and a genealogy workshop.

DH Richard and I attended a lovely holiday concert last night at Miami University.  The Collegiate Chorale (coed) did a assortment of pieces, including "choral selections" from The Nutcracker.  That put the lyrics to "Jingle Bells" to several of the familiar Tchaikovsky tunes.  Very clever.  The second half of the concert was the Choraliers (all women) doing Britten's Ceremony of Carols.  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2005, 11:10:54 AM »

FROM Ron:
Does anyone here ever get sick to death of an overused expression? Examples, please.

“Exactly” and “I hear you”.  They annoy the heck out of me, especially “I hear you”.  Okay, so you hear me, but do you understand what I’m saying!!!

TCB maybe I should stop using “duh”. ;D

Ginny

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2005, 11:13:38 AM »

TOD - I'm glad to see so many votes for Barbara Cook.  Our tickets for her January 20 concert at the Metropolitan Opera arrived in yesterday's mail.  Of the more recent generation, I like Kristin Chenoweth and Marin Mazzie.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2005, 11:18:55 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones for Bruce and the LACC benefit tonight!!!  [/size]

Good throat vibes for Jennifer.[/size]

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2005, 11:20:51 AM »

Break a leg BK!

Here's a link to a news story in today's paper about Paul's mural and a small photo of the mural in it's completed form.
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2005/12/03/news_living/local/aa82b56173dc1fc2862570cc001a743d.prt

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2005, 11:26:16 AM »

Vibes to bk and his "Glittering Diamonds:"

"Glittering Diamonds...75 Years and Beyond:  On December 3, 2005, one of the most jubilant events in the history of Los Angeles City College will take place on the Vermont Avenue campus.  A star-studded salute to the achievements of the students, faculty, and staff of the Theatre Department and Academy will be held at 8:00 pm in the Camino Theatre. This concert-style benefit performance celebrates 75 years of excellence in theatre education and training. The once-in-a-lifetime show will feature appearances by celebrity alumni Cindy Williams, Mark Hamill, Hugh O'Brian, Diana Canova, Victor Love, Annette Cardona, Alex Henteloff, and Michael Lembeck, among others. Directed by Al Rossi and Bruce Kimmel, with Musical Direction by Rob Bowers, the evening will consist of songs and scenes, with tributes to distinguished alumni, including Pulitzer-Prize winning playwright Charles Gordone, award-winning actor Paul Winfield, and one of American's most important theatre directors, José Quintero. Video montages of the film and television work of these and many other professional alumni will be an integral part of the event. Many current Theatre Academy students will also appear. The event will include a silent auction of theatrical memorabilia, and conclude with a post-performance champagne reception for performers and audience. This opportunity to renew old friendships, create new ones, and affirm the continuity and continuing excellence of the training at LACC is a one night only experience, memories of which, like diamonds, will last forever. Producer of the event is Fred Fate, Chair of the Theatre Academy, in association with Tina Saddington, president of the LACC Theatre Alumni and Associates, and Richard Galope, Executive Director of the LACC Foundation.  All proceeds will go to providing student scholarships and to support continuing development of the programs of the Theatre Academy.  For more details and ticket information call the Theatre Academy Box Office at (323) 953-4000 x2990."

From www.lacitycollege.edu

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

Vibes to bk and his "Glittering Diamonds:"

"Glittering Diamonds...75 Years and Beyond:  On December 3, 2005, one of the most jubilant events in the history of Los Angeles City College will take place on the Vermont Avenue campus.  A star-studded salute to the achievements of the students, faculty, and staff of the Theatre Department and Academy will be held at 8:00 pm in the Camino Theatre. This concert-style benefit performance celebrates 75 years of excellence in theatre education and training. The once-in-a-lifetime show will feature appearances by celebrity alumni Cindy Williams, Mark Hamill, Hugh O'Brian, Diana Canova, Victor Love, Annette Cardona, Alex Henteloff, and Michael Lembeck, among others. Directed by Al Rossi and Bruce Kimmel, with Musical Direction by Rob Bowers, the evening will consist of songs and scenes, with tributes to distinguished alumni, including Pulitzer-Prize winning playwright Charles Gordone, award-winning actor Paul Winfield, and one of American's most important theatre directors, José Quintero. Video montages of the film and television work of these and many other professional alumni will be an integral part of the event. Many current Theatre Academy students will also appear. The event will include a silent auction of theatrical memorabilia, and conclude with a post-performance champagne reception for performers and audience. This opportunity to renew old friendships, create new ones, and affirm the continuity and continuing excellence of the training at LACC is a one night only experience, memories of which, like diamonds, will last forever. Producer of the event is Fred Fate, Chair of the Theatre Academy, in association with Tina Saddington, president of the LACC Theatre Alumni and Associates, and Richard Galope, Executive Director of the LACC Foundation.  All proceeds will go to providing student scholarships and to support continuing development of the programs of the Theatre Academy.  For more details and ticket information call the Theatre Academy Box Office at (323) 953-4000 x2990."

From www.lacitycollege.edu

Thanks for the link Ginny.....

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 11:39:54 AM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2005, 11:40:22 AM »

DR Cillaliz - don't you wish we could go to the show?

And, thanks to you for the article about Paul's mural.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 11:44:53 AM by Ginny »

Jane

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »

Cilaliz and Ginny thanks for the links.  

Ginny it would be fun to go to the show tonight, if only.

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2005, 12:18:39 PM »

DR Cillaliz - don't you wish we could go to the show?

And, thanks to you for the article about Paul's mural.

Yes, I would love to go to the show....unfortunately even if I left right now, I couldn't get there in time.  I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2005, 12:22:57 PM »

I am so irritated at the office supply places around here. Last year it was easy as pie to find the Strathmore digital photo calendar kit and I made wonderful calendars for the family. Now, they all say that they won't carry the kits because they'd rather have people bring in their photos and pay them to make the calendars.  I just said, well, that's not going to happen and left.

I found them online and ordered a ton from an arts supply place and they were on sale, but still it irritates me.  So much for shopping local.

Luckily I have 2 kits from last year. I started making the calendars for a year from a person's birthday. So it's your year. But that takes keeping up with everyone all year, so I'm going back to the annual thing.  My parents just got back from seeing the Polar Bears in Churchill Canada, so I made a copy of my dad's disk of photos and that will be the first calendar I make.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2005, 12:24:13 PM »

I can't believe we are still on page 2....where is everyone?

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2005, 12:24:43 PM »

well it wasn't hard to catch up on today's posts anyway

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2005, 12:25:21 PM »

I'm really not in the mood to dance solo.....won't someone join me?

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2005, 12:26:23 PM »

Well, I guess I'll go be productive, can't dance...too wet to plough.......

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2005, 12:45:39 PM »

OMG, DR RonP, I also thought BK meant his neighbor was trimming (i.e., decorating his tree). Okay this makes more sense now.  I just thought he was putting lights on outside. :)

Jane

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »

Cillaliz do you do a different photo for every month?  I bet everyone looks forward to your gift.

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2005, 01:05:36 PM »

DR Jane, how do you tell your friends you are not sending gifts. You just say it? I've never heard of anyone doing that, but I guess it could work!

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2005, 01:07:55 PM »

Btw, here is Joan Rivers tip of the day (IT'S A GOOD ONE).

I know many people have more than one watch. Well when you are not wearing it, pull on the winder (not sure what you call the little piece that sticks out that you turn to set the time).  This saves the battery!

I feel so stupid.  Cause i've wasted so much of my batteries. I've never stopped my watches when not using them!

This is such a great tip. I can't believe I haven't been doing this all these years.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2005, 01:18:17 PM »

I want to make my own calendars! I wonder if there are any places here that sell that kit.  I've seen many places that make the calendars for you. I wonder if the prices would be similar.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2005, 01:30:56 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from the Fichandler Stage Green Room at Arena Stage.  -They installed a T1(I think) line here that's hooked up to the internal computer work here, so...  I have internet access at work!

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »

To BK and His LACC Company....

BREAK A LEG!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 01:39:47 PM »

....And, yes, I've been busy/errant & truant/etc.  And, yes, I do have a lot of reading and posting to catch up on...  But that's life.  Well, my life right now.

Rehearsals are going well, but since we started orchestra rehearsals on Thursday, the days have been longer than usual.  -And we're not even officially into the 10 out of 12's yet!  -That's what happens when you place a four to five hour orchestra rehearsal back to back with a standard eight hour staging rehearsal.

I'm trying to get as much busy-work done in my "free time" so that I can actually take Monday off.  Totally off.  -However, I am playing a few hours of auditions on Monday at Ford's, but those should be very easy and leisurely.  -And it's a few extra dollars too for Christmas shopping... which I'll get done sometime before December 25th... I hope.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 01:57:40 PM »

Our day went from bad to worse with a cold, mizzly rain. The temps never geot out of the low 40s, so it was a good day to sit inside and read.

I also watched some television and talked on the phone with friends.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2005, 02:02:26 PM »

However, I did have time to watch four episodes from the tenth season of FRIENDS. Hilarious and because one know all the character-driven back history with the six leads, the comedy just gains that much more depth. Compared to so many comedies on today, this one has such gut-wrenching humor. Many comedy shows now may make me smile and even laugh out loud a little, but rarely are they filled with several big belly laughs in each episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2005, 02:04:04 PM »

A couple that I know use the expression "gottcha" to indicate that they understand what you've said, and it just drives me crazy as they will use it after almost every comment one makes.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »

I read this morning that Paramount is finally releasing seasons of THE WILD WILD WEST on DVD. February 14th will see the 40th Anniversary first season boxed set of the popular western spy series.

I have a friend that said this is the best Christmas gift he could have received - getting the news that his all-time favorite show is finally coming out on DVD.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up