News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MERE  (Read 51956 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MERE
« on: December 28, 2005, 12:29:20 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you've done your Arthur Treacher impression, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they'll be home in mere moments.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 12:10:45 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:MERE
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 12:31:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: OCCLUDE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 01:24:09 AM »

Books': "The Turning" - Tim Winton
            "The Empress Of Ireland" - Christopher Robbins
            "The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill" -Mark Bittner
            "Aberystwyth Mon Amour" - Malcolm Price
             "Harry Potter & The Halfblood Prince" - Rowling

Nothing else was memorable.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 03:50:37 AM »

Morning all!

What are lox?  That's not fish is it?

Ginny, every good wish and vibes to the Mother In Law. I hope that she gets well very soon.

My New DVD Recorder is a LiteOn and it will record and play the plus or minus DVD’s.  

Ann, Congrats on the New Used car. I’ve had many, many, many of them in my lifetime.

DR Cillaliz, I also hope you are having fun with your Niece.  

Gotta run for the bus!  Have a good day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 04:23:40 AM »

Not to suck up to BK the only book that I remember reading was Rewind for a variety of reasons. The others that I read were a mixture of biographies, histories, and a few other novels. But Rewind was a can't put it down read.

Question.

Will their be standys/understudies for the Deceit actors?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 04:30:49 AM »

Ron Pulliam mentioned Andrew Lloyd Webber's music score and song to The Odessa File.

Did you know that he recycled some of the music for his score to Sunset Blvd? (Quel surprise! He stole fom himself)

Just caught up with yesterday posts and DR TomofOZ already mentioned this. But there was an article in the late great Show Music magazine that described where all the music for Sunset Blvd was cribbed from. Very little of the score was original if I can dig it out later (after work) I will post some of them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 04:47:59 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2005, 04:37:56 AM »

MatH mentioned yesterday

...As for worst shows... and JOEY has bottomed out, too......

I always thought of Joey as a top. But one can dream?

(Did I really write that?)
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 05:15:23 AM »

Good morning, all!  Another weird night of dreams and very restless sleep.  I'm sure it's part of a cycle, but it's beginning to irk me.

Today, I believe I will continue work on the Ron Raines chart, and perhaps do a bit of Toyland notes.  I've lost my momentum on them and i'm so close to the end!

TOD:
  FICTION:
     The Kite Runner
      Rewind
  MUSIC:
      How Sondheim Found His Sound
      The Rose & The Briar: Death, Loce and Liberty in the American Ballad
  BIOGRAPHY:
      Isherwood:  A Life Revealed
      The Tricky Part
      Tallulah!: The Life and Times ofd a Leading Lady
      Edge of Midnight:  The Life of John Schlesinger
      Secret Dreams: A Biography of Michael Redgrave
  HISTORY:
      The Emperor and the Actress
      The Affair of the poisons
  THEATRE:
      Tinder Box: The Iroquois Theatre Disaster 1903
      Playing Underground: A Critical History of the 1960s Off-Off-Broadway Movement

« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:17:11 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 05:32:32 AM »

Off to Disneyland  and a few days of romping around the LA/Hollywood are this weekend.  BK, I'll wave to you on the street :)  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 05:45:56 AM »

Hmmmm....

REWIND
TAB HUNTER CONFIDENTIAL
THE WHITE CITY

More to follow, I am sure.

I am off to the airport so that soon to be ex brother in law can be on his way to start his new life - in Arkansas.

I missed something....where are DRRODZINSKI and TPUNK vacationing?  In Indiana???
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 06:47:37 AM »

Well, as with the last few TODs I cannot come up with ten (what have I been doing with my year???). The only book I recall reading all the way through is THE PICTORIAL HISTORY OF INDIAN CINEMA! LOL!

I also read, several times, RAGGEDY ANN AND ANDY'S PLEASE, THANK YOU, AND I LOVE YOU BOOK...'cause Taylor loves that one!

I started, but have not finished, the bios of Ray Strickland and another guy, whose name is escaping me (Elmoore knows, because he sent me the book).

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 07:38:09 AM »

Hi all
Sam and I are having lots of fun. Yesterday she arrived in the early afternoon and hadn't eaten. She's not into anything too exotic so we had Burgers at Red Robin and did the shopping she had on her "must do" list (Best Buy and purse shopping) We both found fun purses and she bought us matching cubic zirconia rings.  As she says "It's better than glass because it has a name"  
After a short break at home, we went to see The Family Stone, which we both enjoyed.

Then it was home for a game of Clue before we hit the hay.  She needs to get lots of sleep or she has problems, so she's still sleeping right now. When she gets up we're off to coffee. Then we'll hit a few really funky shops that I know she'll love and this afternoon it's ice skating.

Oh! she just woke up....better go.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 07:44:19 AM »

MatH mentioned yesterday

You've been hanging around DR TCB WAY too much!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 07:45:17 AM »

Good morning!

I awoke to an overcast morning sky but not especially cold temperatures for December (41).

The skies have now cleared of all clouds and we're on our way to another spectacular day in the Carolinas.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 07:46:28 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... Whilst lounging in bed this morning, I decided to make today my "day off" from my workout.  Normally, my "day off" is Monday, but after indulging in Christmas goodies all weekend...  I just can't allow tomorrow to turn into another "day off".  That would be most unseemly.  -And, frankly, I think my body needs the "day off".  The program I'm quasi-following allows for one "day off" - or "off day", if you prefer each week.  So...  And, actually, I could even tell last night during the show that I had had a good workout yesterday afternoon.  I think I was still catching my breath by the time the Overture started.  So...  Rest is good.

...And now that that is off my chest....

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 07:46:56 AM »

And a friend just e-mailed me to have lunch today! Things are looking up!

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 07:49:07 AM »

I read so many books that they all sort of blend together in my mind, and I also forget whether I read a certain book this year or last year except for the last two - the Gower Champion biography which I'm still reading at a leisurely pace (I have liked it a lot so far despite some piddling errors) and the Henry Willson biography which was way too repetative and haphazardly written.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 07:51:27 AM »

I will definitely be watching THE AGONY AND THE ECSTACY today. TV tonight is all reruns that I don't especially want to revisit, so I'll opt for some DVD delights. If there is time after I finish that lengthy movie, I may put in one of the Basil Rathbone/Sherlock Holmes films. Haven't enjoyed one of those in several months.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 07:51:54 AM »

For Ask BK Day....

What are you doing New Year's Eve?

;)

-One of my favorite Frank Loesser songs.  :)

But, seriously...

Will you be rehearsing this Saturday? -Either in the day or night?

AND...

I know you prefer to spend New Year's Eve at home.  A very quiet, contemplative evening.  However, if you could spend New Year's Eve with one person - with or without romantic inclinations - would you?  And, if so, who would that be?  -Or that can be rhetorical, in a sense.  -If that makes sense.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 07:52:41 AM »

Another day off here.  While I enjoyed yesterday's Do Nothin' Day, I have to admit that I was getting kind of antsy in the pantsy.  I suppose that after all the hustle and bustle of the past month that my engines are all primed for daily activity and it's a bit hard for me to just kick back and relax.  So while I will be doin' somethin' today, I'm going to try to slow things down and make like Bing Crosby.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 07:53:51 AM »

As for myself...

I have a matinee and an evening show on December 31.  And a matinee and an evening show on January 1.  So...

However, the theatre will be holding a January 1 party for the casts of both currently running shows Sunday night.  -It's also the closing night of Cuttin' Up.  A combo party.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 07:58:17 AM »

Oh...

And as for who/whom....??

Well, let's just say, I'm working on it.

;)

But, seriously, I've spent the five of the last seven New Year's Eves with Steve.  I don't think schedules will allow that to happen again this year, but it has been very nice being able to spend it with my best friend - even after we "broke up".

Otherwise, I've been working on New Year's Eve for the past who-knows-how-many years.  And I usually hang out with the cast of whatever show I'm working on - which has usually been at Arena Stage.  And that's fun too.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 08:00:11 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 07:59:50 AM »

MatH mentioned yesterday

-Yes, you really wrote that, DR Michael S.

And...

I have some "unfortunate" news for you.

:o

::)

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »

And as for books...

The only two that stick in my mind are:

"The Piano Tuner"
"Yiddish With Dick And Jane"

...And various cookbooks.

I actually recall buying a bunch of books this year, but I don't recall reading most of them.  *Just like all those CDs that I've bought this year... That are still sitting on my desk... Wrapped in plastic... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 08:04:01 AM »

I'm going to get showered and dressed for my lunch date.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 08:04:26 AM »

Well...  I think that's enough postin' for now...  A veritable frenzy...

I have to run a few errands before the understudy/brush-up rehearsal this afternoon, and then I'm supping with my friend, Mike, from Richmond.  He's coming up to see the show tonight.  And then I think a bunch of us are heading to the Old Ebbitt Grill after the show for some oysters and libations.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2005, 08:06:41 AM »

First things first:

I worked my first 7.5 hour shift Monday night.  I felt as if I had sprained a muscle in my thigh throughout the evening, feeling it through my pants, I could even feel what I though to be a knotted muscle. When I undressed to take a nap upon getting home, I saw that it was not muscular.
Mum, the resident nurse, took one look at it and knew that it was cellulitis (she's had it, dad had it, my uncles and aunts had had it) and that meant that I should see a doctor.
Our main doctor wasn't in, but, our pinochole buddies' daughter is the office manager of another one whom I've seen; she fit me in for the last appointment of the day.  THIS doctor looked to be no more than 20 - he took a look, and said that he'd be right back, that I should lay down and relax as he was going to draw on me.  He returned with a Sharpie and marked the outline of the reddened skin; gave me a bottle of antibiotics and an excuse for Wal*Mart.  Three days minimum off work.  I'm supposed to check back in with him in the next couple of days with a progress report.
Meanwhile, today the cellulitis has spread approximately .5 inch outside of the outlined area.  We have a phone call in to our regular doctor, who did indeed want to be kept up to speed.  When she calls, I'll either have to go to see her and/or be admitted to the hospital for i.v. treatment.
I can say this, it's painful most of the time; when walking, I feel as if I'm carrying a melon on my thigh.  Tylenol is taking care of the pain.  I've had three of the antibiotics, so, I don't know if they've had time to get into the infection and start their work.  Trust me, the last thing I want to be is a patient in a hospital.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 08:17:28 AM »

I'm home! Well...I'm at work, but I'm back in NYC. Sorry I couldn't post while I was home - my dad's computer was screwy. Anyway, I'm swamped with stuff, so I need to get back to work....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2005, 08:23:32 AM »

I'm home! Well...I'm at work, but I'm back in NYC. Sorry I couldn't post while I was home - my dad's computer was screwy. Anyway, I'm swamped with stuff, so I need to get back to work....

Welcome back, DR Jason!  We want to hear all about the visit and the kindly HHW angel who got you out of the transit mess.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 08:58:26 AM »

So sorry to hear of this very painful-sounding affliction, DR td. Keep us posted on your condition. Good wishes for a speedy recovery.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up