Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SALTED NUTS!  (Read 49489 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SALTED NUTS!
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2005, 12:45:49 PM »

Have you been away DR Ron?  

Welcome back.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2005, 12:45:58 PM »

... the Schmidt  sings Schmidt & Jones.

Tom,

You must have gotten a special edition because on my copy Mr Schmidt
only plays!! ;)

Jason

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2005, 12:46:41 PM »

I'm back from CompUSA, where I picked up my DVD-R burner and some blank discs. Tonight I shall be pouring over manuals trying to figure the thing out! :D

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2005, 12:47:40 PM »

Likewise, Skip and I very much appreciate the inclusion of Last Starfighter on a couple of people's lists.

And one of these days (soon) I am going to purchase a copy of it!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2005, 12:48:25 PM »

For east coasties, I awoke at 3 a.m. and got ready to leave.  I finished adding things to my suitcase.  I had some coffee.

Then, my mom and I picked up my aunt and we embarked on a journey to Columbia SC using the backroads and byways of the ridge area of SC.  We left at just before 4 a.m.  We got to the airport at 5:05 a.m.  I checked in and discovered a lengthy, lengthy line awaiting security check-in.  I joined the line and we chatted along the way until it was my turn to go past the point of no return.

I flew to Cincinnait in another winged bus.  But my trip to California was on a much nicer, but not huge, Delta liner.  I was served a nice breakfast and then got to watch "Cinderella Man" which is a most excellent film with powerful performances by Russell Crowe and Renee Zellwegger.

I arrived in SF at 10:10 a.m. PST (1:10 p.m. EST) and boarded a shuttle with several other passengers.   I arrived home Noon to find the homeowner's association had changed the entry lock and code!!!!

I was so PISSED.  I cursed and stomped and finally got someone's attention.  I was let in and discovered, to my joy, that the garage opener code had not also been changed.

I am unpacked and ready to unwind.

I'm sleepy, sleepy, sleepy!

All in all...there's no place like home!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2005, 12:49:47 PM »

Have you been away DR Ron?  

Welcome back.

I have been posting daily, Tom...but, yes.  I flew to South Carolina on December 14th and have just returned to California.  I spent a wonderful two weeks with my mom and visiting with relatives who live there, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2005, 12:51:29 PM »

I really should have put smiles there!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2005, 12:57:30 PM »

Tom,

You must have gotten a special edition because on my copy Mr Schmidt
only plays!! ;)

Always good to know someone reads the posts.
I was confusing it with my Cd of Josef Schmidt sings Delila and other Tom Jones hits.

Today is the official "Australia Post" holiday.  I suspect it is the only holdiay of its kind remaining in this country. Many years ago (the first half of last century)we had special days for most trades etc. eg "Bakers' Picnic".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2005, 12:59:49 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Welcome to your home.  How did you enjoy your visit to Cincinnati?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2005, 01:00:24 PM »

Screen Actors Guild confounds me. I am trying to get contact info for an actor who I would like to interview. I called...they guy is still a SAG member, but has not agency listing. They can't give me is phone number, which is understandable, but if I was a SAG member they could...now that doesn't make any sense to me....if someone is trying to get a performers contact info it is, normally, because someone wants to hire or interview them....but a film producer or journalist would not likely be a SAG member. Doesn't make sense to me.

Fortunately someone I know who is a SAG member offered to help me out if I ever run across a situation like this (he was a past president of SAG or some such thing), so I will ask him to get the info and hopefully he can...as it is I think he may have even worked with this person way back in the day.

François de Paris

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »

Always good to know someone reads the posts.
I was confusing it with my Cd of Josef Schmidt sings Delila and other Tom Jones hits.

Funny as it may seem, for a long time here in Paris, a music store had filed a copy of The Fantasticks under Mr Tom Jones, the singer!

I never tried to tell them the truth; they might not have believed me! :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2005, 01:27:57 PM »

So happy you got home safely, DR Ron. I would have posted good wishes this morning, but I knew you were already on your way home.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2005, 01:33:13 PM »

I spent a grand afternoon revisiting two favorite films on DVD.

Up first was TOY STORY 2 which is thoroughly delightful and as entertaining as the first film was. Don't see how the video could be bettered from the enhanced transfer I have. The sound might have been spread out and deepened just a touch more on the new TOY STORY 2 DVD release, but again, it's already a Dolby Digital-EX track which is as sophisticated as DD 5.1 gets at this stage of DVD's maturity.

The "outtakes" they fashioned for the film are also really funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2005, 01:34:48 PM »

Then I put in CHICAGO. Again, there is a new 2-disc DVD re-release with the same sound and picture transfer but with a second disc of special features, but I've opted not to double dip and remain with my original purchase. What a treasure it is to have this most entertaining picture available to watch whenever I wish. Wonderful.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2005, 01:35:55 PM »

Thanks for your opinion on CINDERELLA MAN, DR Ron. The DVD on loan from a friend is still here, and I'm sure over the weekend I'm going to watch it.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2005, 01:36:41 PM »

No package today, but I got a notice from Amazon on Tuesday morning, so I'm anticipating a box tomorrow or (at the latest) Saturday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2005, 01:46:14 PM »

Welcome home DR Ron. Glad you made it safely.

Samantha left this morning and also made it home safely, which is a good thing to know considering we have fog and are expecting that strange thing known as "wintry mix". We had a good time, but I think we timed it just right and I am very much enjoying not working and not dealing with the family.

The weather outside is rainy now but will turn to snow soon. I have a Jenny - O turkey roast in the oven and will make more of the trimmings and do the calendars I need to do tonight.  Then I must make a HUGE trip to the Post Office tomorrow or Saturday to send out a number of things that are sitting here waiting for me to send. Whew!

I also found out there are many things turning up in the inspection that are not good news.  I don't like hearing that and am hoping the sellers will be reasonable and fix them. I knew this was going to happen. The good news is the slate roof is in good condition.  That's a good start...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2005, 01:46:58 PM »

Good Afternoon!

My name is Jose, and I'm a Trader Joe's-aholic.

;)

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.... I went in with a list of three things - eggs (organic), oatmeal (steel cut) and yogurt (organic, 1%)...  Well...  Somehow I ended up loading my shopping basket with Alaskan salmon filets, brown rice, mesclun, baby spinach, frozen blueberries...  Heck, I even bought hand soap?!?!

And to sort of put in perspective, the gentleman in front of me at the register purchased four six-packs of beer and about 10 bottles of wine.  And I still somehow ended up spending a few dollars MORE than he did!  Harumphhhh!  -Well, at least my fridge, freezer and cupboard are pretty well stocked for the week or two...  Better be at least two!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2005, 01:47:39 PM »

Thanks for your opinion on CINDERELLA MAN, DR Ron. The DVD on loan from a friend is still here, and I'm sure over the weekend I'm going to watch it.

And I have it sitting here from Netflix, so I appreciate your opinion too!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2005, 01:47:59 PM »

...And I also realized that I'm running on about three hours of sleep, so...  Should be a fun show tonight!

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2005, 01:48:15 PM »

Good Afternoon, Jose

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »

...And I know that if I went ahead and took a nap now... Well, I can just hear my cellphone ringing at 7:55...."Where are you, Jose?"  So... No nap.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2005, 01:50:07 PM »

BTW, I have never done that.  I've almost missed flights due to sleeping in, but I've never missed a show for that reason.  -Or for hardly any other reason for that matter.
;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2005, 01:50:25 PM »

Good Afternoon, Cillaliz.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2005, 01:51:44 PM »

I visited my local photo shop today and got such good news....my mother gave me several cameras when I was home including a Ventura 69 medium format camera, the Realist Stereo camera, a Kodak Brownie and an Argus C.  Well I found out I can get the film and the processing I need for all of them (I'll have to make the stereo slides, but they can process the film for me). Isn't that too too?  I am very pleased and will be snapping shots of all kinds of things so I can see if the cameras work.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2005, 01:53:11 PM »

My ex-husband once mistook the flight number for the time of departure.  He was VERY late and not a happy camper...  I have to admit I thought it was very funny, but managed not to laugh until he was gone.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

There's no place like home, DR Ron Pulliam.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2005, 01:54:02 PM »

My watch stopped at 10:50am (dead battery, I think), so if I'm still logged in at 6pm EST, will somebody tell me to log out and GO HOME?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »

Well it's almost 6:00pm somewhere, does that count?

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »

I can't believe we're still on page 3.  What is everyone doing today....oh yeah, people are working. I keep thinking it's just a weekend and forget it's the middle of the week
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up