Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER  (Read 76808 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE YEAR MY HAIR BECAME GRAYER
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2005, 02:09:12 PM »

I am fascinated by DR CILLALIZ's Realist 3-D camera!  What a great gift.

Today my "new" Brumberger Stereo photo viewer arrived. I got it on eBay.  I have ordered the mounts for the slides, have discovered the local camera shop will process the film and not cut or mount it so I can do that myself, and I have the directions for doing just that.

Now all I need is a sunny day to go out and shoot some slides.  I also need to read up on the camera a little more, but I found the owners manual on the internet, so I'm all ready to go.

François de Paris

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2005, 02:12:21 PM »

Off to the part- tay where I will be doing "The Rose" in sign language to Miss Bette Midler's lovely vocal.

Oh, you can sign language!!
Just lovely! :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2005, 02:13:35 PM »

Yes but Pamela is not very convincing as a Mexican lass.

How was Janis in MAME, DRMATTH - seems like a role that would be perfect for her!

She was wonderful. And Audrey Christie (who was Mrs. Upson in the film) was Vera, hilarious as well.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2005, 02:14:53 PM »

Well, I believe I'm gonna get set to head in for tonight's show... Also need to grab some dinner too.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2005, 02:15:15 PM »

Belting voices have a tendency to do that! And let's face it, a Julie Andrews voice would never fit The Pajama Game character!
It's a broad character with a broad voice, IMHO!

(Even Ethel had problems with her "pitch"!)

Doris Day certainly had no problems belting the same songs in perfect pitch in the film. The fact is that I don't think Janis was primarily a singer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2005, 02:18:32 PM »

BK, I would love to go to Deceit, but with my impulse buy of a new house and all the expenses that go with doing such a thing, I'm afraid I've cancelled all my travel plans for the near future.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2005, 02:22:50 PM »

Off to do that awful Friday chore and then settle in with the last half of DOCTOR ZHIVAGO.

That will be followed by something much lighter - FINDING NEMO perhaps.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2005, 02:27:24 PM »

I hate to say I'm glad to say the dinner party I was invited to this evening fell through, but I'm really glad it fell through.  Another night of staying home and doing whatever I do or don't want to do just sounds delightful.

I will then be prepared for an afternoon of King Kong tomorrow followed by a New Year's Eve party at a new hotel/restaurant overlooking the Missouri River with 20 of my good friends (the party is one of those ballroom/buffet/live music affairs - 20 of us are going together) It should be a lot of fun

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2005, 02:30:47 PM »

I just put in a pot roast inbthe over and when it's down to the last 30 minutes I shall add a cup or so of rice that has been soaking in beef consume.  I don't add accent (msg) but my mother does (it's her recipe). Anyway, it does taste wonderful and I will have wonderful left over roast beef for lunch tomorrow. yummy

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2005, 02:35:13 PM »

Well, off to drop off Must Love Dogs (my niece's choice) at Blockbuster and to drop Vera Drake in the mailbox for Netflix. I think tonight I'll watch Cinderella Man and Polar Express.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2005, 02:55:19 PM »

Back from a fun lunch with my late-friend Esther's kids, whom I haven't seen in six years.  We had a grand time catching up and they've all matured beautifully.

Michael

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »

Too bad that the Taramind Seed is not available in R1. I think it is one of Blake Edward's best films. He did comedy, social drama, westerns, detective, war, thrillers and musicals. I think the Taramind Seed was one of kind genre for him and he did a very good job at it.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2005, 03:09:01 PM »

And The Taramid Seed had a film score by John Barry and not Henry Mancini. I think it was the one of two film that didn't have a Mancini Score since Peter Gun in 1958. (Macinin was mostly solo composer or joint composer or uncredited) The other composer was Jerry Goldsmith for The Wild Rovers
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2005, 03:10:51 PM »

Today my "new" Brumberger Stereo photo viewer arrived. I got it on eBay.  I have ordered the mounts for the slides, have discovered the local camera shop will process the film and not cut or mount it so I can do that myself, and I have the directions for doing just that.

Now all I need is a sunny day to go out and shoot some slides.  I also need to read up on the camera a little more, but I found the owners manual on the internet, so I'm all ready to go.

I was surfing the net some time ago and came across a website that had 3-D pictures, some of which had been taken in the 1960s!  They had different versions of the same pictures...the left and right kind, the red and blue kind, etc.  I'd post one or two, but I'm at work and the link is on my home computer...and this is a family site (and these pictures are for a different kind of "family"! :o ...if you know what I mean...and I think you do! ;))

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2005, 03:43:32 PM »

I'm sleeeepy.  Must get my energy boost soon for tonight's rehearsal and video shoot.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2005, 03:43:57 PM »

I was surfing the net some time ago and came across a website that had 3-D pictures, some of which had been taken in the 1960s!  They had different versions of the same pictures...the left and right kind, the red and blue kind, etc.  I'd post one or two, but I'm at work and the link is on my home computer...and this is a family site (and these pictures are for a different kind of "family"! :o ...if you know what I mean...and I think you do! ;))

Yes, I think I know what you mean.  My Realist Stereo camera has 2 lenses that are about the same distance apart as the distance between most people's eyes. So it takes two photos of the same image at exactly the same moment. When mounted and viewed it's a lot like looking at the old Viewmasters. It sounds a lot like the photos you are talking about.  Pretty cool.  You can also make stereo photos with one camera, but you have to move it just the right distance, keep everything level etc.   A lot of the home mae digital 3D are actually the same image repeated which isn't true stereo since each eye sees the image just a tad differently.  

I am psyched to try this out. Tomorrow should be sunny so I should be able to do some shooting.  I plan to shoot a few rolls of film so I can experiment with what I am doing. If none of them turn out I'll have someone take a look at the camera!

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2005, 03:45:54 PM »

I think my stereo camera is from the late 50s or early 60s.  My Ventura 60 was made in the US Zone of Germany in 1950.  The film for that just came in today at my local camera store, so I may be able to shoot some with that camera tomorrow, too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2005, 03:46:53 PM »

I put a film that expired in the late 60s in the Kodak Brownie....if it turns out, there could be some interesting effects from the expired film.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2005, 03:47:54 PM »

Good rehearsal vibes, BK

François de Paris

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2005, 04:27:29 PM »

On second thought.... I wonder if the article above is not a joke!!
Really!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:27:49 PM by François »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »

Rain rain go away
come again in May.

We have lost much of our landscaping.  The road and our driveway are a mess, with large ruts of rushing water.  We now have several waterfall that weren't there yesterday.

If I don't return it is because our connection was lost again.

The good news-the house is fine.  The phone cables were repaired yesterday or we would not have phone service today.

François de Paris

« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2005, 04:29:47 PM »

I know, I know! Emma Thompson could be (practically) perfect as Spielsberg's Poppins!

Wha-d'you say????

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 04:30:21 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2005, 04:31:02 PM »

Hello, Jane Poppins!

Care for a cup of tea, me dear?

François de Paris

« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2005, 04:34:52 PM »

Jane of Green Phone Cables!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »

The Mary Poppins story was in today's paper here too DR François.  Page 13. Unlucky for some.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

~~~ Good Weather Vibes for DR Jane!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François de Paris

« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »

Peut-être que si j'écris quelque chose en Français aurai-je quelque réaction?

C'est vrai quoi! Toujours de l'Anglais à HainesHisWay! Cela devient très lassant à la fin!

Et puis les Kimlets sont muti-culturels, non?
Nous sommes des citoyens du monde!
Nous utilsons plusieurs langues mais une seule, la nôtre!, pour lécher les timbres de lettres!
Bien que, de nos jours, avec l'internet, les sms, les téléphones portables, de moins en moins nous utilisons le papier à lettre!
Oy Vey!
Au fait, comment traduit-on "Oy vey!" en Français?

Allez, j'arrête! je vous ai assez ennuyés avec la langue de Molière!

François de Paris

« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2005, 04:45:32 PM »

The Mary Poppins story was in today's paper here too DR François.  Page 13. Unlucky for some.

>That's the kind of page # it deserves!

I have another "good idea" myself!

They should do a stage version of NARNIA! :D

George

« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2005, 04:45:48 PM »

Oh, please; don't "spoil" her!
We need the WATER! We can't live without it! We can't!

I said "Good weather" not "DRY weather." ;)

George

« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2005, 04:46:49 PM »

>That's the kind of page # it deserves!

I have another "good idea" myself!

They should do a stage version of NARNIA! :D

If they can do a stage version of "The Lord of the Rings," why not Narnia?? ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up