Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YEAR'S ROCKIN' EVE  (Read 60698 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NEW YEAR'S ROCKIN' EVE
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2005, 01:32:56 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Tomovoz

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2005, 01:37:15 PM »

Happy new year Tomovoz- hope this year is better for you.
Thank you.. I get to meet you guys in September.  It can't be all bad!! :)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2005, 02:01:39 PM »

Page Three Dance!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2005, 02:02:39 PM »

And with that, DearReaderLaura has posted her 1501st post! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2005, 02:12:07 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I decided to head home between shows today, just because...  Actually, I can take a leisurely two hours.  Very nice.

And I believe I just heard the "ding" of the microwave... Supper's ready!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2005, 02:12:37 PM »

So, what are everyone's plans for tonight?

Tonight, my sister (Diane), her boyfriend (Larry), my niece (Hilary), my parents (George and Rosemarie) and I are all going to Anthony's HomePort Olympia for dinner.  It's become our New Year's Eve tradition.  Our reservations are for 7:15 p.m., but we're out of there long before midnight, so we'll all be home, safe and sound.  I have to get to Larry's house by 7:00 to drive his car because his back is hurting...and since I'm the only one who doesn't drink, I'm the designated driver. ;D

I was planning on going back to the house that I'm house-sitting (the house with no computer) right after dinner, but I think I'll come back here to HHW for a while, if not until midnight...we'll see.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2005, 02:12:56 PM »

DOH!  I really must still have been asleep this morning when I was posting...

Last workout of 2005.

Thank You, DR Cillaliz.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2005, 02:13:42 PM »

While I was in taking my shower, little Piper decided to dig through my clothing and I found him carrying my underwear around...I now call him Jose.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 02:14:19 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2005, 02:14:11 PM »

And as for tonight's plans.... They're still sort of up in the air... We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2005, 02:18:02 PM »

While I was in taking my shower, little Piper decided to dig through my clothing and I found him carrying my underwear around...I now call him Jose.  ;)
MY first BIG smile for the year.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2005, 02:18:47 PM »

I am now watching Bollywood movie of the weekend #2, USTAD 420 (1969). It is about some criminals who break out of jail...but it seems to be turning into sort of a James Bond type of a movie...the front cover of the DVD case is rather misleading, I think.

And it must be more of a B-rate film as it is in black and white, which by 1969 is quite unusual for an Indian film, and the cast is quite unfamiliar to me., and the movie isn't even listed in the IMDB..however the film is very entertaining.

Stars Sheikh Mukhtar, Sudhir, Zeb Rehman, and Dog Rover as the dog.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 02:20:03 PM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2005, 02:23:37 PM »

:D

In my dreams, DR MBarnum.  In my dreams!

;D

;)

:-*
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2005, 02:26:46 PM »

It's very rainy here in the City of Studio.  Cold, too.  In about four hours I shall have a cozy fire in the cozy fireplace and I shall sit on my cozy couch like so much cozy fish, and I shall watch a DVD or three and merrily post away as the evening heads toward the dropping of the haineshisway.com's balls.

George

« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2005, 02:33:28 PM »

It's been raining quite a bit up here in the Pacific Northwest lately.  Right now, it's just overcast with a light sprinkling.  Since I have a whole bunch of used DVDs, I'm going to spot-check them to make sure that they all work.  There's a 30-day money back guarantee, but I need to find out if they are okay.  

Be back later. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2005, 02:46:58 PM »

Tonight I shall be headed to Bev's on the River.  It's a brand new place, so I'm not sure what it will be like, but it apparently has a lovely ballroom where we will be having a buffet style dinner and then live music and dancing until midnight. It's been years since I went out on New Year's Eve, but one of my friends reserved 2 tables of 10 and the people invited are all a lot of fun to be with, so I'm going.

I'm still trying to decide what to wear. I think I'll dress up. I rarely do that, but after all, it's New Year's Eve, so what the heck.

I'll check in when I get home.   The dinner starts at 7:00pm so this is going to be a very long evening.... I'm hoping I last until midnight!

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2005, 02:56:03 PM »

The last day of the year here in Melbourne Oz - Temperature reached 109.2.  Almost a DearReader Laura reference.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2005, 03:04:01 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... Time for me to get ready to head back in for tonight's show.  Again, I'm not really sure if I'll be partay-ing tonight, but if not,  I know I'll be back here for the festivities.

Remember...

Be Safe.

Don't Drink and Drive.

...And whatever they say about yellow snow.

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2005, 03:10:42 PM »

Well, I'm going to go scan the closet, I'm sure I have something tucked away that will be perfectly perfect.  Hope everyone stays safe tonight and just in case I don't check in again before I leave....Happy New Year!!!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2005, 03:17:07 PM »

BK would not be BK without his idiosnycrasies (that can't be spelt right, but I ain't looking it up).  I treasure every one of them.  Some might even think him difficult, but I have found that the people I find most interesting (including myself) have often been accused of being difficult.  It usually means they are the people who are the most passionate and don't suffer fools or mediocrity gladly and don't let people get away with shit without calling them on it.

Surprisingly sunny and warmish here in Georgetown, Ky. Though it is now after 6pm and the sun is now down.  Shortly we will take the short 20-25 minute drive into Lexington to party with our oldest and closest friends here.  Though as I do not have my Kentucky drivers license yet and still have California plates on my car (which might be a red flag to some zealous enforcers of the law), I'll enjoy the party while imbibing very little and being the designated driver who will scrupulously follow the traffic laws.  

FJL

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2005, 03:29:29 PM »

Just jumped the gun and had our surf and turf dinner a little early.  Skip is now making some fried chicken to take to the party later.  Living so close to Times Square, we tend not to leave the block on New Year's Eve if we can avoid it, and we're going to a party thrown by some truly lovely people (who also happen to be fellow dog owners) here in the building.  If our tradition holds up, we'll come back to our apartment just before midnight, mainly because we want to be with Toby and Dylan when all the Times Square noise happens at midnight, and then go back to the party right after the tumult dies down.  

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »

MBarnum & Jose- :D

FJL, I like that, home with the dogs at midnight and then back to the party.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »

DR FJL.  Dogowners on this side of the world identify with your thoughtfulness.

Fire ban day here (not surprising given yesterday's temperature - so no fireworks)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 03:53:47 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2005, 04:08:11 PM »

But I thought it was Larry that had them for sale on E-Bay.  
Boy, did I get ripped off!!!!
[/size][/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2005, 04:10:47 PM »

DR GINNY - I think you may be right about our having the first SURPRISE HHW meeting!  However it was fun and exciting to meet two HHW'ers in the flesh, so to speak...along with Matthew, father of new baby Eleanor - if I had known Matthew better I might have asked him if she was his pride and joy, etc.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2005, 04:12:51 PM »

Looking at some of the other posts, I realized I had forgotten a very LOW point for me that happened this year....   :'(

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

TCB- ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2005, 04:14:46 PM »

Indeed DR JRand55
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2005, 04:15:10 PM »

JRand- :'(

Jane

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2005, 04:17:57 PM »

Low: Loosing Derek.  I miss him
High: HHW and the many friends I have made here and the ones I was lucky enough to spend up                  
         close and personal time with.  I look forward to those I will meet in 2006.

Low:  Remodeling the kitchen
High:  Remodeling the kitchen

High:  For the first time in four years we didn’t loose a single human family member this year (I hope I
          haven’t spoken too soon).
Low: Very, very low:  Loosing our very special Echo and Bogie after dealing with their long illnesses.

Low:  Friends and family who have been ill
High:  Friends who were ill and are better now.

Highs:  The time spent with Craig in Romania and our holiday with Bryan in Portland.
            Time spent with friends and family

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2005, 04:28:32 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely telephonic conversation with the Pogues.  I'm trying to decide what my New Year's feast will be - perhaps Wacky Noodles if I can find a market that's still open.  Wacky Noodles would last the entire evening and would be quite yummilicious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up