Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY  (Read 18010 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:PRAY FOR ROSEMARY'S BABY
« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2006, 09:42:48 PM »

Well, here we sit like so much fish starring at the HHW screen. I for one have a tired pussy in my lap and we are going to head to beddy bye land.

The mind boggles!  BOGGLES, I tell you!

;D ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2006, 09:46:45 PM »

Hmmm.... beurre noisette... It's also very good on pumpkin ravioli... with a little sage added it to it.

:)

*And making shortbread cookies with browned butter...  Amazing!  Such depth of flavor.  And, actually, I've tried a standard sugar cookie recipe using browned butter instead of "regular" butter... Quite a sophisticated cookie... Especially when given a final dusting with turbinado sugar.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

OH!!  And Browned Butter Madeleines... Très délicieux!

*I shall have to track down the recipe for those... Very simple, and oh sooooo yummy.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2006, 09:50:53 PM »

RE: In Justice

My dad also commented to me that he hoped that they wouldn't continue with the same formula all the time.  He also gets annoyed when the woman on Close to home always wins.

Personally for In Justice I think that they only take cases where they are quite certain that the person in jail is unjustly accused.  So I don't mind if the person is always innocent. But will they always get them out?  That part could change.

It makes me sick to think that there are innocent people in jail.  

Jennifer

« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2006, 09:52:34 PM »

I watched the first half of MEDIUM but then the phone rang. So I recorded the rest.

I will say that this episode and the last one seem very different than the ones before.  Why is Alison getting in so much trouble!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2006, 09:54:03 PM »

DR Jose, Hope everything is ok

Thanks, DR Cillaliz - I'm OK.  However, some of my close friends and others... Well...

It started off this morning with an e-mail from my friend, Andy.  He had to put his dog, Kamau, down this morning.  Kamau had been having some health issues over the past year or so, but when they took him to the vet emergency room this morning, they realized that he was having a problem with his spleen which was causing internal bleeding.  So...  And I truly know that Andy considers his dogs as family...

Then I got another e-mail today about the passing of a colleague.  Another pianist here in DC.  He died of pneumonia early this afternoon.  I hadn't seen Michael in a while, but we've crossed paths many a time, and shared pit space on a few shows.

And then...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2006, 10:13:15 PM »

*The following is quite depressing... please skip if you are not "in the mood".  I will understand.  I just need to clear my head...

While walking through Carytown in Richmond earlier this afternoon, I came upon a makeshift memorial in front of one of my favorite stores...

A family in Richmond - a husband, wife and their two daughters - were brutally murdered on New Year's Day in their own house.  I had read the news that day online, and it truly sickened me.  The husband was a local musician in Richmond, and the wife opened and ran "World of Mirth" in Carytown -  a truly wonderful store that carried all sorts of items.  A true one-of-a-kind find.

...And a few days later, another family, a father and daughter were found murdered in their home in another part of Richmond...

And, yesterday, police in Pennsylvania arrested two men - who happen to be from nearby Arlington, VA -  in conjunction with both sets of murders... As well as possibly some other ones in Pennsylvania, and another one in Richmond of a woman who may have been part of the "team" on the home invasion and murder of the Harvey family - Bryan, Kathryn, Stella (age 9) and Ruby (age 4).

So, as I approached "World of Mirth" I noticed bouquets of flowers on the sidewalk.  Teddy bears and other stuffed animals.  And there were pictures and a video of the family set up in the front window.  A black drape was on the front door, while a "Ruby Red" ribbon was attached to the front of the glass.  And on the windows to the left of the front door were big "posters" where people had written down their condolences, wishes and prayers for the Harvey family and for the "World of Mirth" family.

I just stood there for a while taking it all in.  I started to read some of the notes, but I knew that if I got too into it, I would not be able to function after a while.  Instead, I grabbed one of the Sharpies that were placed in a bag...  "Peace.  Love.  Comfort."

A woman next to me... "How could you not stop and write something."

A postman making his rounds... "So disgusting.  So sad.  Why?"

Later on, while still walking up and down Carytown, I noticed a flyer posted at one of the counters.  A fund had been started, The Harvey Fund.  It had just gotten started last Wednesday, and by the end of that day, they had collected about $15,000 from various businesses and organizations and individuals.  The money would be used to help defray funeral costs, as well help the employees of "World of Mirth" who are now in the process of closing up the store.  And "Ruby Red" ribbons - in honor of their youngest daughter who was a fixture at the store - were being "sold" by various merchants.

By this time, I had settled in for a bite to eat, and, by chance, my friend, Matt, was walking by.  I hadn't seen him since he came to NYC back in July.  His timing could not have been more perfect.  I wasn't depressed, exactly, but it was nice to see a familiar face.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »

...And in the larger scheme of things, today was another part of my "Goodbye to Richmond"... A place I basically spent almost 20 years in!  It really had become home to me.

-I had noticed that "Grower's Exchange" had closed.  They opened when I started school at VCU... 20 years ago.

"The Little Yogurt Shop"... Closed.

"The New York Deli"... Closed.  *Currently being remodeled and revamped by new owners.

"Carytown Books" - Closed.

"Stella's"... Closed.

However, on the bright side, while going through my storage unit, I realized that I didn't really have that much stuff left down there.  And I also realized that almost all of the clothes I had in storage could basically be given away or thrown out by now.  -If I haven't need them since last March... Well... And some of them are just too big now too!  :)  -I brought back all the clothes with me - I'll wash them, then sort them, and get some bags ready for Goodwill.

And I guess I have to be thankful that the weather today was absolutely glorious.  After I had finished my first set of errands, I just spent some time sitting with my friend, Mike, on his front porch, just watching the traffic and the people going by.  Very peaceful.  And the nice weather also took some of the "depression" away from the memorial at World of Mirth.  It truly seemed more like a celebration of their lives, and a wonderful sign of the outpouring of support from the community.  Good over Evil.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jed

« Reply #218 on: January 09, 2006, 10:30:32 PM »

The rain continues in the Northwest... and continues...  

22 days in a row now that we've had rain in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  They say we've got a 50/50 shot at breaking the all-time record of 33 days.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2006, 10:34:50 PM »

Well... I really am fine.  It's all good.  Again, just such a weird news day...

I'm guessing the curtain has already come down on the first preview of Deceit...  And I hope BK has a good report from the first night... but I shall have to read about it in the morning... or afternoon...

I have a Noon matinee tomorrow/today... Just ten and a half hours from now... And I have to be at the theatre in nine and a half hours... So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2006, 11:24:39 PM »

Well, we've survived our first preview and our first audience with a whopping fourteen people.  The rest of the previews should have more people in attendance - Mondays are just slow here in LA.  Still, it went reasonably well, and I'll have more in the notes, which I must now write.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2006, 11:30:27 PM »

Surviving is half the battle, BK.  -Sometimes more than half.

:-)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2006, 11:31:02 PM »

Yes, I'm still up... Mind won't shut down...

*At least I've already set my two alarms clocks.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2006, 11:31:32 PM »

...And I believe Mondays are slow everywhere, not just in L.A.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up