Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIRST PREVIEW  (Read 24732 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE FIRST PREVIEW
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2006, 09:55:47 AM »

Thanks for the LESTAT link and the pic yesterday, DR RLP!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »

On a toboggan - wearing a toboggan.  ;D

Oh, and DRJMK - I thought of the same book!   :P

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2006, 10:00:01 AM »

I do believe that I am within 40 posts of God status.

Now is the time to delve into some deep personel introspection and to ponder upon the effect you will shortly have on the world around you in your new role.  An evening of silent contemplation is also advisable.  Self flagellation is not necessary (unless you enjoy that kind of thing.)  And you must have a bowl of really good chocolate ice cream.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

I know, I guess I shouldn't be so shocked.  :o

Oh, but the thing that is so controversial about this particular book is that the author was writing about his OWN life.  You'd think think that he would get at least some of the details right, or maybe close...

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2006, 10:09:45 AM »

Now is the time to delve into some deep personel introspection and to ponder upon the effect you will shortly have on the world around you in your new role.  An evening of silent contemplation is also advisable.  Self flagellation is not necessary (unless you enjoy that kind of thing.)  And you must have a bowl of really good chocolate ice cream.

I'm all about the chocolate ice cream.  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

I awoke to find the Adelphia cable modem lights frozen and not blinking.  As a matter of fact, that pretty much describes the way I look when I wake up.  The wireless device also seemed to be frozen.  I shut down the computer, unplugged the cable and wireless devices, plugged them back in, fired up the computer and all is well.  Except the adelphia home page doesn't work, but that's no biggie.

Re Deceit - there is still work to be done - I was just grateful nothing went terribly awry and that the audience seemed to be with the play.  The end of act one did have some technical issues which we have to work out today, but I was, at least, heartened.  I'm hoping we have a much bigger house tonight.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »

He dies at the end.

While I've never seen the movie of "Man of La Mancha", the musical always leaves me wondering... does he die?  Or is he released?  

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2006, 10:16:23 AM »

TPunk, we will have the margheritas chilled for your Godly arrival...but don't take too long or Elmoore will have them all drunk before you get here!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »

Today, the thought of a margarita does nothing for me, but macaroni and cheese sounds like heaven!  By Friday, I shall be ready for one or two, I do hope, and DR TPunk, we have to do our movie on Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  I'll even buy your ticket for your birthday!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »

From the notes today, I can first handedly say that the cheeseburgers from Del Taco would not be on my comfort food list as they are pretty bad.  However, everything else on the menu is deeee-lightful!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »

the author was writing about his OWN life.  You'd think think that he would get at least some of the details right, or maybe close...

Sounds like having a conversation with an ex boyfriend of mine... he always had his facts wrong too....like where he was last night .... :P
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2006, 10:37:55 AM »

Comfort food:

yellow cake with chocolate icing

Oh, yessssss.

...the chocolate candy called Turtles

...eh!  Gimme a Snickers any time!

chocolate ice cream.

Love it, but I love Haagen-Dasz Coffee Ice Cream even more.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 10:38:23 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

Today I received my TWO American-International DOUBLE FEATURE DVD's.

Two films produced by Mr BIG himself (Bert I. Gordon, father of a former DR) - THE SPIDER (featuring starlet June Kenn(e)y who has disappeared from the face of the planet) and WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST....and DVD number two BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE and HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER both produced by Herman Cohen...the latter featuring "You Gotta Have OO-EEE" or "EEE-OOOO" sung by John Ashley....the song featured on the Jeepers Creepers CD!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2006, 10:41:03 AM »

I am clearing out a space for you DR TPUNK - the HHW Heavens are awaiting ya!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

Also got THE AVIATOR 2-Disc Special Widescreen Edition....ALL that for about $7 including shipping.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »

Jrand, are the double bills full-frame, like their Brit counterparts?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »

Also got THE AVIATOR 2-Disc Special Widescreen Edition....ALL that for about $7 including shipping.

Is that the special clergy rate?

Do we call you Father Jack now or is "Dad" ok? :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:08:03 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2006, 10:51:01 AM »

I'll be lunching today with our very own Miss Juliana A. Hansen - haven't seen her in quite some time so that should be fun.  Perhaps we'll even mosey on down to Musso and Frank, since I have a lovely gift certificate waiting to be used.

Ben

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2006, 10:56:26 AM »

Mr. BK is only 100 posts away from 17,000. A new Goddess and Mr. BK's personal best (so far)

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »

Bk, Congrats on the first preview and here's some full house vibes for the rest of the run~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

I am home again and it irritates me.  I finally went to the dr this morning (I hate being sick and hate going to the doctor even more) she gave me some antibiotics, but we'll see if they work.  I did work all day yesterday and went in for a couple hours today, but once again I was told that I have sick leave for a reason, and I really should go home.  
So now I will make one of my favorite comfort foods, chicken and noodles. I vary it every time depending on what I have in the house. But I do love it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2006, 11:17:29 AM »

We used to go tobogganing when I was a kid. They get going so fast going downhill and someone always seems to fall off or hit a tree, but other than that, it was a lot of fun

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »

I used to know a fellow from Trinidad and Tobaggan.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2006, 11:20:42 AM »

Tobaggan is human, to forgive, devine.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2006, 11:22:55 AM »

JRand, that is a fake "live" LP that Shearing did with a quintet. It has a mellow groove. For a guy who was blind, Shearing had some of the most visually pleasing album covers.

Ben

« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »

I wanted to explain something that George commented on after listening to the Radio Wales program.

We were talking about Chita Rivera and then Beverley played America from West Side Story but she played the soundtrack w/Rita Moreno, not Chita. I was surprised as well but I then found out that the library does not have as many cast recordings as one would hope. The only West Side Story CD Beverley had was the soundtrack. I had wondered in the past when she played certain shows why those tracks were chosen, for instance, when she plays Trouble from Music Man, she always plays the Van Johnson London recording (not very good IMHO). It's because the library doesn't have a copy of the Broadway cast. After trolling in HMV and other record stores in Ireland, Cardiff and London, I realize that cast recordings are hard to get. You can shop at Dress Circle but otherwise the pickings are slim. We also don't see the number of used CD stores that we have in the U.S. Stores like Academy in New York (and Footlight before the physical store closed) and Cheapo in Minneapolis have been the source of much of my collection. I just don't see those kind of stores in Europe. Maybe I should move there and open a store. I can be a successful entrepreneur. Yeah, that's the ticket :-)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »

Well, since we're all about milestones, I'll go ahead and get post 2100 out of the way right now.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2006, 11:32:41 AM »

Re: last night's MEDIUM

spoilers included.

I really liked it.  AT first I wasn't so sure, since Alison once again seemed to be getting in unrealistic trouble.  But I thought how they handled the show was different.

I liked that they went back and showed us 5 days before, 4 days before ... mixing it with her in jail.

I liked how her older daughter could see the villain and how that played into the story.

I also liked how we saw a bloody Ariel, yet we didn't realize what had happened till they showed it again.

I wasn't as happy to revist the creepy guy (as others were).  He doesn't really do it for me (other than creeping me out thoroughly).

It's so interesting to me how we can have two shows (Medium and Ghost Whisperer) that should be quite similar. Yet they really are quite different (Alison solving actual cases for the DA and getting her info from dreams vs Jennifer Love Hewitt just doing good deeds, helping the dead cross over, and learning her info from the ghosts and their familes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2006, 11:33:01 AM »

Congrats Rodzinski

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2006, 11:33:46 AM »

Rodzinski, if you like Shearing, check out the "Brasilian Shearing" (who was also blind, hence his moniker), Manfredo Fest.  Absolutely incredible pianist.  Those guys could play better with no vision than I can with!

Getting a rip-off eBay seller's attention department:  Funny what a little dropped reference in an email can do.  I won some items from a seller in NYC back in December.  I had won from this guy previously and he had always shipped relatively fast.  But this time, when I had spent a goodly amount, I had received nada as of last week, even though my check had long ago cleared.  Lo and behold I checked his feedback and it was littered with negatives from people who had never gotten their items nor had ever received emails back from the guy despite their attempts to resolve the situation.

So I sent a very nice, almost drippy, email telling him I was a longtime customer and he had always shipped so quickly before that I was just a "little" concerned that I hadn't gotten anything yet (I was actually majorly pissed that I had probably gotten ripped off of a lot of money).   I then just let drop that my family had large land holdings in Manhattan and had a large law firm that worked for us and maybe I could just send a clerk over to pick up the items personally if he hadn't gotten around to mailing them yet.  This was on January 6, more than a month after the auction ended.

So, guess what arrived today, postmarked January 7?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up