Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS  (Read 27312 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2006, 09:00:25 PM »

Well, I'll be heading to bed now.

Good night, all!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »

... from Doctor Who...

The guy on first is a Doctor?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2006, 09:01:18 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 8 Dance!!![/move]
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2006, 09:12:02 PM »

Then you should approve of this recent purchase for the Grandlads:

Medieval Legends

der Brucer

I have added it to my shopping list, thank you!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2006, 09:29:32 PM »

BK, it sort of make sense that AFTER THE BALL would be the top seller so far.  It came off the Irish Rep production which had lots of first-class off-Broadway push behind it and of course was a must-have for the Noel Coward fans and quite a few of the many many people who saw the show.  Indeed, I think yopur AFTER THE BALL is a better CD than at least three of the CD's that ended up being up for the show album Grammy this year, which I believe were nominated because they had "sexier" and more current titles.  Your AFTER THE BALL CD is a glorious rendering of a glorious work, which deservedly caught the attention of the reviewers and happily got their deserved praise.

Having said that, it's possible that LAST STARFIGHTER has just begun in its sales potential.  It's only been in Tower Lincoln Center for a few weeks at this point which must have affected pre-Christmas sales, there were problems which I know were upsetting all of us for a long time in the period leading up to  Christmas re the Amazon page, and it didn't have the attendant push that came with the publicity for the advent of Kritzerland.  And we haven't yet had any productions on the visibility level of Irish Rep's AFTER THE BALL.  (And of course while the limited press we've gotten has been cherce, we somehow haven't been as widely reviewed in the mainstream press.)  

Also wondering are you including sales by the Irish Rep in their lobby, etc?  I haven't gotten numbers yet on how many the Storm Theatre has "sold" in exchange for donations, but it could be a relatively significant amount, so please let me know if that gets counted.  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »

Gracious - 'tis nearly 5 in Oz

Tom must finished with tea!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2006, 10:17:36 PM »

Then you should approve of this recent purchase for the Grandlads:

Medieval Legends

der Brucer

Was the title of that book Medieval Legends of der Brucer?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:49:57 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2006, 10:22:15 PM »

Back from a terrific performance.  Completely sold out house, and had to add five chairs in the back.  First act went perfectly, second act a bit less so thanks to my actor who just can't be consistent.  He was fine, but screwed up a new bit I gave Tammy last night that had gotten a huge laugh - he changed a look, something he's NEVER done before EVER - go know.  Consistency - that's all I want and all I need.  Still, a show that landed just about every laugh, which was really fun.  More in the notes, but I have to eat now, as I haven't eaten all day.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2006, 10:44:02 PM »

More in the notes, but I have to eat now, as I haven't eaten all day.

And them time to work on the new project: "My Life as an Insufferable Bore" - A Tragedy in too many acts!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

T.O.D.

The majority of my collectibles (or collectables) are associated with my interest in the RMS Titanic and with my visit to the site of the wreck.  My two favorites are:

My signed and numbered print of THE GRAND STAIRCASE by Larry S. Johnson, whcih is my pride and joy.  It is not only signed by the artist, but was also signed by one of the last remaining survivors of the Titanic, Eleanor Johnson Schuman.

My two sets of Titanic First Class china desinged and manufactured exclusively for the 1996 Expedition to the wreck site.

I also have a program from the national touring company of ONCE UPON A MATTRESS back in, I believe, 1958; signed by Imogene Coca, King Donovan, and Edward Evert Horton.

A lot of autographed photos from celebrities such as: Barbra Streisand, Angela Lansbury, Andtonio Banderas, and, of course, the WSMA Brent Barrett.

But my real treasure is an autographed copy of WRITER'S BLOCK.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »

But my real treasure is an autographed copy of WRITER'S BLOCK.

ACOLYTE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2006, 11:25:36 PM »

I've finally caught up with all of the posts.  I went to work today, then to my parents' for dinner, dessert and cards (Phase 10).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »

I have not really ever bought something just because it was collectable...only because I enjoyed it.

That's what I love to see on "Antiques Roadshow," the stories of people getting what they want because they like it and not buying it to store away in "perfect" condition for resale later.  I love the stories that people tell.  That's what makes the collecting (and collections) truly interesting, the histories behind it all. :)

I collect keychains/keyrings.  I don't have anything that's worth any money, but I have a lot that were given to me by co-workers who've travelled.  When I was in college, for my 21st birthday, my suitemates threw me a party (I had to buy the keg, though).  On the invitations it said that presents weren't required, but keychains would be preferred.  I got quite a few, and several that were homemade.  It was one of the best b-day parties that I ever had.  Most of my keychains are in boxes in my extra bedroom, but I have some in my office at work.  Eventually, I want to unpack said boxes, get rid of a LOT of stuff that I no longer need, hopefully find things that I know I have but have no idea where they are and get all of my keychains together in one place.  When I someday buy my own place (right now, I'm renting a house from my sister), I plan on putting ALL the keychains in one room...all over the walls...someday. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2006, 11:44:27 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  I just gained back use of my handy-dandy laptop.  A former girlfriend of Mr. Mark Bakalor was here today - she's living in LA and I hired her to import the e-mail addresses of everyone who's purchased Kritzerland CDs, so that I can do proper e-mail blasts when we have new releases (a couple of new releases coming soon).  She also tallied sales on all the CDs.  Best seller?  After the Ball.

Congratulations!  I hope Mr. Guy Haines isn't jealous. ;)

George

« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2006, 11:50:33 PM »

Sorry folks, it's 11:50 PM and I have to get some sleep.  I stayed up to do my tax return.  I get a refund!  Yay!!!  I just love the fact I don't have PAY!

Have a wonderful evening all!

I mailed my tax return a week ago Wednesday (on the 18th).  I'm still waiting for my refund.  I've only ever done 1040EZ and I've never had to pay.  I don't know when the refund will be deposited into my bank account, but I'll be celebrating when I do!  It should come sometime soon.  Also, (I've said this before but) next week I'm making my absolute last credit card payment!  I'll be completely debt free!  So that, paired with the income tax refund, I'll really be celebrating...for a short while, anyway.  I have to get my car serviced and I want to buy a few things that I actually need before I go hog wild and spend it frivolously. ;D

George

« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2006, 12:02:56 AM »

As for actual "collectibles" that I might have, I actually took it to a taping of "Antiques Roadshow" a year and a half ago.  It's a limited edition, numbered (set 1000 of 1000) collection of every different song that Stephen C. Foster wrote, called "Foster Hall Reproductions," that was put together in 1933.  It's a pretty specialized item and the appraiser totally guessed on its value.  

Because of that, the Pacific Northwest contingent of HHW had our very first meeting!  JMK (and his lovely wife Betsy), Jane, MBarnum and I all met in person at JMK's house in Portland, which is where "Antiques Roadshow" was taping!  My music wasn't appraised on camera (darn) but I can be seen for about three seconds behind an appraisal of a big blue bowl.  I'm wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt and a green Hawaiian shirt over that.  I wanted to be easily spottable! ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2006, 12:08:31 AM »

As for actual "collectibles" that I might have, I actually took it to a taping of "Antiques Roadshow" a year and a half ago.  It's a limited edition, numbered (set 1000 of 1000) collection of every different song that Stephen C. Foster wrote, called "Foster Hall Reproductions," that was put together in 1933.  It's a pretty specialized item and the appraiser totally guessed on its value.  

Because of that, the Pacific Northwest contingent of HHW had our very first meeting!  JMK (and his lovely wife Betsy), Jane, MBarnum and I all met in person at JMK's house in Portland, which is where "Antiques Roadshow" was taping!  My music wasn't appraised on camera (darn) but I can be seen for about three seconds behind an appraisal of a big blue bowl.  I'm wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt and a green Hawaiian shirt over that.  I wanted to be easily spottable! ;)

Congrats on being debt-free.

bk, Stephanie just returned frm the play and she enjoyed it just as much Saturday night as she did the first time she saw it...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2006, 12:29:26 AM »

Thanks, DakotaCelt.

George

« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2006, 12:30:06 AM »

ACOLYTE!

ACOLYTES UNITE!

;D

I have all of BK's books and they're all autographed...not to brag, or anything. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up