Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BRAIN SLUDGE  (Read 24026 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:BRAIN SLUDGE
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2006, 05:39:12 PM »

Scarlett O'Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm as the Tarleton twins were.

NOt a big fan of the book...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2006, 05:40:31 PM »

Page 5 flight...

This was just spotted!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2006, 05:40:39 PM »

It's from The Confessions of Max Tivoli

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2006, 05:58:52 PM »

BK, what did you talk with Kenny Miller about? He is such a fun guy!

Ben

« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2006, 06:02:47 PM »

Priscilla, yes you will get a CD when they are ready. I think we will be sending out many copies.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »

Quote from der Brucer:I can definately tell when I am drinking Starbucks coffee.  I shouldn't knock one of our biggest exports to the world, but Starbucks always tastes burnt.

No wonder the smell in there tends to make me gag.  Veneto’s and Pete’s aren’t bad.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

Soon, we hope, both discs will be finalized and notes will be made and then in August, one year late, we will send out "Ben and Anthony's Love Songs"

What a wonderful idea and I'm sure they will be much appreciated.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2006, 06:19:11 PM »

I’m catching up now and just saw my post regarding VOYAGER :-[.  Where was spell-check when I needed it? ::)

Back to page 3.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2006, 06:21:16 PM »

"They'd found him."

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »

Benjamin something or other? A free book I received with a Cd purchased some time ago.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2006, 06:33:09 PM »

CP it must be terribly difficult when a script you are proud of is ruined like that.

Have you ever had the opposite happen?  If you don’t want to answer that, what was your best experience?

FJL

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2006, 06:44:02 PM »

Speaking of coffee, our admin. person started walking up to everybody in the office yesterday (yes, it was Saturday) saying "Wouldn't you like to start every day at work with a nice fresh cup of coffee" - she had this rehearsed and went up to everybody saying the exact same thing with the exact same huckster-like intonation.

Turns out she was trying to sell the managing partner on splurging and getting a top-of-the-line coffee machine for the office kitchen.  She feels that by afternoon, the coffee just sits in the machine we have now and gets stale.  Anyway, it turned out the coffee drinkers in the office didn't see this as  a battle worth fighting.  

Not much point to that, but it WAS amusing to watch Audrey walk up to everybody with the same beautifully rehearsed shpiel.  It felt like something out of a sitcom.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2006, 06:53:44 PM »

But since you don't watch SMALLVILLE, you really wouldn't be looking at any information for it, would you? I don't watch GILMORE GIRLS and thus I never read anything about the show though the newspaper has capsule comments about it every week just like it does for SMALLVILLE. That was the point I was making.

I have already apologized to Jennifer though it was an innocent and honest mistake.

It was very nice apology you gave Jennifer.

I didn’t want to know as we sometimes catch the re-runs of SMALLVILLE on other stations (we watched the first season or two on DVD). I do my best to avoid reading about the shows I haven’t seen yet.  

I asked for the spaces because sometimes you give away too much information on the shows I watch.

FJL

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »

Skip just ate several of that dreaded Godiva sugarless chocolate.  He seems to be liking it.  Maybe it's one of those acquired tastes, like asparagus.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2006, 06:57:58 PM »

JRand “Promise Me Anything” is very nice and I laughed at the end of “The Strummin Song”.  Thank you again for this very fun CD.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2006, 06:58:53 PM »

I like asparagus and do not like sugarless anything.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2006, 07:04:29 PM »

I was just about to sign off and wash the dishes when I remembered to mention the movie we saw today, THE MATADOR.  I wasn’t sure the storyline would be to my taste and was pleasantly surprised, the more the movie evolved the more I liked it.  

‘night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »

Three favorite openings:

"The past is a foreign country: they do thigs differently there."

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

That leads to tonight's BLEAK HOUSE: only an hour tonight.  Damn!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »

Jane, the best experience was filming my Sherlock Holmes script for Hound of the Baskervilles in London.  A director who was a collaborator and fan, actors who came up to me and asked if they could change a line, a producer who insisted I be in dailies every day and in the editing room, taking notes and making suggestions (five of the six I made were taken).  Great experience in the greatest city in the world.  It's still the only one of my films I can watch and just enjoy without squirming and seeing all the things that went wrong.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

Luckily, on his trip to Godiva to buy the sugarless chocolate, Skip had also bought one of those snack bars of raspberry-filled dark chocolate.  ONLY 210 calories per serving.

FJL

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

Hmmm.  I'm finding that the only way AOL will allow me to refresh the page is by posting something.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »

Then post, man, post.

FJL

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »

Well that was disappointing.  I posted in order to refresh and there was nothing new since  my last post.

Dear Friend Milla just called insisting that I remind her of Joaquin Phoenix.  Now I see why her parents named her "Dear Friend Milla."  This is so much better than when our friend B.J. told me that I look just like Deepak Chopra.  I shall now resume eating cookies while thinking about tonight's 60 MINUTES segment on Deborah Voigt's tomach stapling.

FJL

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »

SIX-PACK CHOPRA - that's the title of my new self-help with beer diet.

That makes no sense, but I have to post or else I won;t be able to get up to date.

FJL

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

Oh, there's BK's post telling me to post.  So it does work.  With AOL, posting is refreshing.  At least on my MAC/Veriizon DSL system, anyway.

FJL

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »

I'm feeling like I'm in a Bizarro HHW world right now, and it's brought to me by AOL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »

Posting is very refreshing, which is more than I can say for these complete and utter twits outside my house - the city, in all their brilliance, has sent out workers who are sawing trees across the street.  On a Sunday NIGHT.  Wonder what those workers are making?  It's outrageous, and if it continues for more than fifteen minutes, I shall be going out there, getting the names of those involved and then filing a complaint with the city because guess what?  It is ILLEGAL TO DO THIS ON A SUNDAY NIGHT.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2006, 07:35:27 PM »

I enjoy a Starbucks coffee every now and then, but I always have to have it be half regular and half decaf...I think they must triple to caffeine in those things!

I really like SEATTLES BEST. I have not had Ventos. I love coffee but am not that particular, really....in fact I often drink instant coffee at work and at home, though I did recently dig out the old electric percolator and bought some real coffee to use in it...Rio Grande (which I have never heard of).

MBarnum

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

No sawing of trees here in my neighborhood tonight...and yet there are many tree limbs on the ground due to the wild windstorms today! For awhile I thought the whole house was gonna get blown down.

Tomovoz

« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »

Sawing trees - and I am currently listening The Best of "Savage Garden"(Truly Madly, Completely)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up