Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search  (Read 16575 times)

William E. Lurie

Search
« on: December 01, 2003, 11:23:29 AM »

There seems to be a problem using the Search Function on this board.

Searching from the Search on the bottom of the notes gives an error message.

Searching from the Search Option on the Message Board limits the search to the last three or four days and does not always give results with the requested text string in it.

Both of these should be fixed at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
Re:Search
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 02:05:23 AM »

There seems to be a problem using the Search Function on this board.

Let's make sure we get our terms correct when we talk about the board. The board is the series of pages where we can communicate with the HHW community. That is seperate in style, design and technology from the actual journal section accessible from the home page. There are two entirely seperate search functions.

Searching from the Search on the bottom of the notes gives an error message.

Odd. I'll see what I can do about that.

Searching from the Search Option on the Message Board limits the search to the last three or four days and does not always give results with the requested text string in it.

Here I disagree, at least with the limited bit of information you've provided. I just performed a search for "McGuire" in the quick search box accessible by clicking the search button on any Community page. In doing so, the software returned every instance of the word going back as far as October 22.

A simple search of the word "broadway" returned 282 matches dating back, again, as far as October 22.

If you're unable to find what you want via this simple search box, click the "Advanced Search" link below it for a much more involved way to refine your search by date, place, poster, etc.

If you have additional problems with the search function on the HHW community section PLEASE offer as much information as possible. Copy and paste the exact errors you are given, give examples of search terms you use that you believe are not returning correct or complete results, etc.

Both of these should be fixed at your earliest convenience.

Hmm..

William E. Lurie

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 11:31:50 AM »

I was NOT the only person to have these problems.  When I posted it with the daily messages someone else tried it and had the same problems I encountered... error message on the page with BK's notes and results only dating back a few days when searching after the daily posts.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Mr. Mark Bakalor

• Administrator
  • SAG / AFTRA
    • mark, my words
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 12:28:26 PM »

I've already agreed with you that there is obviously something wrong with the search functionality on the journal side of this site.

Once again, while I don't doubt you're having problems (and perhaps someone else) with the search functionality on the community side, I can't reproduce it with the limited information you've given me.

Once again, if you're STILL having problems with the community search functions, will you PLEASE go into more detail so I can attempt to help figure out what is happening? What exactly are you searching for that you feel is not giving you proper results? Are you trying your search in Simple or Advanced search?
Pages: [1]   Go Up