Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEEKEND COMETH  (Read 24235 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THE WEEKEND COMETH
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2006, 09:37:25 PM »

Scruggs, a legend indeed. Basically invented a whole new style of banjo pickin'. Three-fingered style.

Tomovoz, on point as usual with the timely comedy!

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »

DANCING WITH STARS SPOILERS>>>>>

And re: the conclusion results for tonight's DANCING WITH THE STARS.

I just got home and tuned in to the last 10 minutes. And I must say I am livid.  Jerry Rice is clearly the worst dancer. He had to have gotten the most fan votes. Lisa (rinna) and stacey (wrestler) were the bottom two, and lisa went home. Now lisa was my fav, but that is not the only reason i am totally annoyed. I don't think the fans votes should carry more weight than the judges votes. Especially when the fans are clearly not voting for the best dancers.

It's infuriating. I know Jerry Rice is the most well known of the stars.  And I realize he tries. But he has not made that much progress and seems stuck at the same level.  I feel so bad for lisa. :(

Yes, my mother was not pleased either, but she doesn't like Lisa for some reason and never has, so she wasn't sorry to see her go, but she thought Jerry clearly was the worst dancer. I watched the dancing last night and agree he should have gone, but it's the nature of the beast. If you have call in votes it's going to be a popularity contest.  We like Stacy the best, but she's always close to being voted off, so I don't think she'll win

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »

SNOWBOARDING SPOILERS

I watched the snowboarding tonight. I had heard about it earlier, but I turned away fast enough that all I could remember was she messed up somehow.  I feel bad for her, but she did it to herself and you really can't celebrate before you win

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »

Well, the furniture men will be here bright and early. It will  be interesting watching them move the enormous furniture out with the snow and the cold and all. When they moved it in, it was 40 degrees and no snow at all.  Should be interesting.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2006, 09:46:09 PM »

Night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:57 PM »

I hear you... For the longest time I had a stupid little ditty stuck in my head. The melody is the largo movement from Bizet's Carment and the words, well we wont go there....

I haven't the slightest idea what that means.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2006, 09:55:31 PM »

DANCING WITH STARS SPOILERS>>>>>Yes, my mother was not pleased either, but she doesn't like Lisa for some reason and never has, so she wasn't sorry to see her go, but she thought Jerry clearly was the worst dancer. I watched the dancing last night and agree he should have gone, but it's the nature of the beast. If you have call in votes it's going to be a popularity contest.  We like Stacy the best, but she's always close to being voted off, so I don't think she'll win

She is a decent person. I am just not a huge admirer of hers. I am pulling for the other team.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2006, 09:57:36 PM »

I haven't the slightest idea what that means.

I see.... sorry. I meant Carmen... I did not notice I had misspelled it.

LOL... I have words for it that are not to put on the boards... They are not polite...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 10:02:32 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »

All I can say is - Thank God for the crepe maker... making crepes on an electric stove top is murder.  The crepes are made for the cake, tomorrow the assembly begins.  All this and a few chords learning on the ukelele, we'll see if I remember them tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2006, 10:52:54 PM »

All I can say is - Thank God for the crepe maker... making crepes on an electric stove top is murder.  The crepes are made for the cake, tomorrow the assembly begins.  All this and a few chords learning on the ukelele, we'll see if I remember them tomorrow.

I will agree with that...

A few years back I was visiting some friends and Boston and Jean-Pierre had people, even teh guests, flip a crepe. I flopped the first time and Dylan (the dog) had a tasty treat. The second one I did perfectly.

I also developed a fondness for marzipan and brie when I was in Boston.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2006, 10:53:29 PM »

Back from the show.  Small but wonderful audience, and the show was about the best it's been - Tammy and Matt were great, the other actor was fine, and it just sailed along.  The man who actually own the El Portal was there, and he loved the play - and Tammy.  I mean, he LOVED Tammy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2006, 10:55:18 PM »

I didn't know until now that Lenny Dee passed away Monday. One of the pop great organists of all time, and my second favorite after Ken Griffin, Dee wrote the tune "Plantation Boogie," and has a ton of LPs out there stretching right up to the disco area. I shall have to post some of his wacky album covers next week.

Rock on, Lenny!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »

Back from the show.  Small but wonderful audience, and the show was about the best it's been - Tammy and Matt were great, the other actor was fine, and it just sailed along.  The man who actually own the El Portal was there, and he loved the play - and Tammy.  I mean, he LOVED Tammy.

bk, I am glad to hear that all went well tonight!!

I wish it was in the cards for me to be in LA to see it. I offer  continued broken leg vibes!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2006, 11:01:38 PM »

I didn't know until now that Lenny Dee passed away Monday. One of the pop great organists of all time, and my second favorite after Ken Griffin, Dee wrote the tune "Plantation Boogie," and has a ton of LPs out there stretching right up to the disco area. I shall have to post some of his wacky album covers next week.

Rock on, Lenny!

I did not know that either. I look forward to the album covers...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up