Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A STATE  (Read 29286 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:IN A STATE
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2006, 10:51:54 PM »

I also seem to be losing my abiltuit yto hit any of the kleys inany semblemse of the correct order... noght!

Don't you hate it when that happens?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2006, 10:52:03 PM »

Page 14 Dance!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2006, 11:07:06 PM »

George, how is life in the library?

I enjoyed my day off... Retail Therapy!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »

George, how is life in the library?

I enjoyed my day off... Retail Therapy!!

So far, so good!  Today, I actually made a couple of purchases, as well!  I bought the DVDs to "Blazing Saddles" and "Contact," and a comedy CD by a guy named Daniel Tosh.  It's called "True Stories I Made Up" and includes a CD and DVD.  

George

« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »

DR MATTH - I have the Golden Boy LP - had it for YEARS - but have never listened to all of it.  If I can find someone who can put it on cassette for you, I will make you a copy.  I will keep you posted.
I can put it on cassette...and CD. :)

DR MATTH - it IS the reissue.  Sammy sounds smooth and mellow...and it is on the Capital Orange label....I think the original would be on the Capital black label with the rainbow rings like the old Beatles albums...and the fine print on the back says....manufactured by Columbia House under license from Capital Records...says the same thing on the label.  I think I have a Record Club edition of the album!

I suspected as much as soon as you mentioned the drawing of his face.  Thanks just the same. I'll hear those tracks one of these days.

I just checked my copy and I have the VAS-2124 (mono) edition, as well as the BK re-issue.  There is a noticeable difference between the two versions.  Of course, the album being in mono and having lots of pops throughout the whole thing doesn't help. :P And either my record changes speed by itself or some songs are in different keys.  "Night Song" is a half-step lower on the Cd.  On the next song, "Everything's Great", both versions are in the same key.  Hmm.... ::) On the third song, "Gimme Some," the album is in a lower key as well as "Stick Around," but that sounds like it's a third lower.  What gives?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:40 PM »

Holy moley on rye if we haven't had us a frenzy since I left at 1:45.  It took me a half-hour to read all the posts (we were on page four when I left!), but I'm caught up and now I must write the notes.  Shall we go for 400 before midnight?

Tomovoz

« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2006, 11:24:35 PM »

Just checked my own copy of "Golden Boy".
I have the Capital recording in stereo. I doubt if I've played it more than once! I would have purchased it second hand about 15 years ago.

At least it's another post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 11:38:53 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2006, 11:25:24 PM »

I just noticed that the set designs and costumes were by Mr Tony Walton.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2006, 11:27:12 PM »

I doubt if I have seen the film version of Clifford Otes play either.

I always seem to confuse "Golden Boy" with "Mr Wonderful".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #399 on: February 20, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »

If I had made that two posts we would be at 400!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

Drat!
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2006, 11:29:27 PM »

I doubt if I have seen the film version of Clifford Otes play either.

I always seem to confuse "Golden Boy" with "Mr Wonderful".

I haven't seen either of those, either...and I always confuse "Golden Boy" with "The Man With the Golden Arm." :o

Tomovoz

« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2006, 11:37:33 PM »

I throw "The Body Beautiful" into the mix as well DR George.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »

bk, looks a bit surprised!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up