Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKADOO!  (Read 28356 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WACKADOO!
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »

One of the running jokes I had with my mom when she was alive was that she got SICK of THE PAJAMA GAME. Oh, she loved the show, but she said that every time she got invited out by someone to see a show (my dad didn't like theater, so my mom had to depend on the kindness of strangers), it always ended up being THE PAJAMA GAME. She must have seen it a half dozen times in her life in different productions. I think it was one of the last things she ever saw me in.

After years of complaining about THE PAJAMA GAME, I took her to NYC one summer just to see four shows, none of which were THE PAJAMA GAME. The ones we saw that summer were GEORGE M, CABARET, MAME, and THE HAPPY TIME.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:34 PM »

Attended a performance of the Paul Taylor Dance Company tonight.  Truly amazing.  We were fourth row center and I could really appreciate the athleticism of the dancers.  The female dancers were so incredibly strong and beautiful.  It was a nice treat after a day of sitting in classes.

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:46 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 9 Dance!!![/move]

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »

Good night everyone!

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2006, 08:37:42 PM »

I'm going to head for bed myself.

Have a good rest of the evening, everyone!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »

One of the running jokes I had with my mom when she was alive was that she got SICK of THE PAJAMA GAME. Oh, she loved the show, but she said that every time she got invited out by someone to see a show (my dad didn't like theater, so my mom had to depend on the kindness of strangers), it always ended up being THE PAJAMA GAME. She must have seen it a half dozen times in her life in different productions. I think it was one of the last things she ever saw me in.

After years of complaining about THE PAJAMA GAME, I took her to NYC one summer just to see four shows, none of which were THE PAJAMA GAME. The ones we saw that summer were GEORGE M, CABARET, MAME, and THE HAPPY TIME.

Lovely memory, DR MATTH.

I love the Paul Taylor Dance Co....he, Merce Cunningham, Mark Morris, and Matthew Bourne ALWAYS amaze me with their choreography and dance.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2006, 08:39:39 PM »

*yawn*....time for bed here at 20 Fairlane Drive as well....temps expected to be in the 60's tomorrow with ThunderStorms!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2006, 08:49:27 PM »

A while back I mentioned that I bought myself an external DVD burner for my PC at home that had a feature called LightScribe.  This allows you to burn a label right onto the DVD itself using the drive's laser.  The only hitch is that you have to use specially coated DVDs.  Well, I went out to Staples to buy some this afternoon and found that these special DVDs cost $29.99 for 25 discs!  Nuts!  That's over a dollar a disc!  No thanks--I'll use my old fashioned printed paper labels for now.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2006, 08:52:21 PM »

What is this DEARTH of postings all of a sudden?  Let's get off our complacent butt cheeks and get some conversation going.  I'm STILL dealing with these idiots at UPS, who have now lied blatantly to me by saying the driver attempted to deliver at six tonight only to find he didn't have the package.  Well, I happen to know that's not true - he didn't try to deliver anything at six because I was talking to the mail place at six.  

FJL

« Reply #249 on: March 07, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »

Whew - catching up on all those posts since I last got on the board was exhausting.  BUt a welcome exhaustion, of course.

FJL

« Reply #250 on: March 07, 2006, 09:22:27 PM »

I got seven corporate returns done today.  (The corporate tax deadline is March 15th.)  And not just little nothing-going-on returns, but returns with real meat on their bones.

FJL

« Reply #251 on: March 07, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »

Suddenly Natalie Cole's voice popped into my head singing "I've been waiting for your return."

FJL

« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »

Or the title song from THE RETURN OF MARTIN GUERRE.

FJL

« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »

Or A TAX OF THE KILLER TOMATOES, followed by RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES.

FJL

« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »

Had fun just recently reconnecting with one of my former bosses, an international tax expert, who happens to be the son of Richard Bissell, the co-author of PAJAMA GAME.  Naturally, the Bissell family is overjoyed about the success of the Roundabout production, since it seems the last production on this scale was a production in London sevral years ago which had been a disaster.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #255 on: March 07, 2006, 09:45:35 PM »

Today, when I got home from work, I found several packages waiting for me!  One was from Footlight.com.  I got four, count 'em, FOUR CDs!  The original London cast recording of Salad Days[/u] (originally priced at $14.95, on sale for $7.95); the Chichester Festival Theatre Production of Valmouth[/u], by Sandy Wilson, (priced at $16.95, but when I ordered it last week, it was only $9.95!); and the two solo recordings by Maria Friedman!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #256 on: March 07, 2006, 09:46:10 PM »

I also got a package from Amazon.com.  In it was The Complete Follies Collection and Anthony Rapp's book, Without You.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2006, 09:47:55 PM »

And the last package was from eBay!  Last week I used the "Buy It Now" option and got an UNOPENED, original stereo (SVAS 2124) copy of Golden Boy!  Here's a scan of the cover (notice the sticker on it??):
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:48:38 PM by George »

George

« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:14 PM »

Here's a close-up of the sticker!:

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:30 PM »

Which version?  Which composers? -Are you familiar with the one that was done up at Hartford a couple of years back - hmm.. maybe 10-12 at this point?  Patrick Cassidy and Judy Kuhn were in it.  Oh, and a long-lost friend (at this point), Debbie Bradshaw too.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2006, 09:50:06 PM »

It had an actual souvenier program from the show!  It's in perfect condition!  Here's a scan of the program:

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2006, 09:52:07 PM »

Well, I need to head out too.  I'm hoping to get up early tomorrow and get a lot of stuff done.  And part of that 'stuff' will involve some time in the car... :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2006, 09:52:57 PM »

DR George - That's COOL!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

Hmmm... suddenly I'm able to get on this site using the same old shortcuts instead of the long way around.

Just in time to say goodnight.

But did anyone hear Leno's joke, something along the lines of Red Lobster possibly using this year's Oscar-winning song as "It's hard out here for a shrimp."

George

« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2006, 09:59:19 PM »

DR George - That's COOL!  :)

Thanks!  The program has pictures of the creative staff, including the guy who "Sets, Costumes & Projections [were] Designed By," BK's close and personal friend, Tony Walton!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:59:36 PM by George »

George

« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2006, 10:06:53 PM »

And finally, it even has a few pictures of auditions!!  Here's one of a "Lorna hopeful."  Imagine what it might have been like. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »

And the last package was from eBay!  Last week I used the "Buy It Now" option and got an UNOPENED, original stereo (SVAS 2124) copy of Golden Boy!  Here's a scan of the cover (notice the sticker on it??):
Dang that decimal point!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2006, 10:45:58 PM »

Maybe I will get my PDF this week!

I ordered WALK THE LINE at a great price today....

DR's DAKOTA CELT and GINNY - the full moon is on March 14, but Jupiter AND Mercury are both in retrograde...so small annoyances abound for us all.  

Oh Joy DR JRand....

that is what it  must be... We mysteriously had three broken chairs tonight also and a custodian who ran out of the library screaming GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »

I liked that movie...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2006, 10:52:19 PM »

Here's a close-up of the sticker!:

Cool DR George!!

I have used that option a few times also on ebay..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up