Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLOCK STRUCK TWELVE  (Read 52397 times)

Ginny

Re:THE CLOCK STRUCK TWELVE
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2006, 03:44:39 PM »

Oh, my, DR Elmore, I've had melodrama and excitement today, too, but of a much lighter nature!  Four very happy folks saw the 1pm matinee of Wicked at Cincinnati's Aronoff Center for the Performing Arts.  Here's a photo of two of us - a ticket to the show was our niece Lauren's Christmas present, which we procured with muchly appreciated assistance from DE (dear elf) Jose.  Lauren pronounced the show "AMAZING!"
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2006, 04:08:11 PM »

Has anyone seen this ridiculously silly reality show on Sundance LADETTE TO LADY which should be called Sow to Silk Purse?  It's sort of a take on Pygmalion, if Eliza Doolittle had been a drunk, boob-flashing slut.

Well, it's a killing of time before SLINGS AND ARROWS.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

Thanks everyone for the house vibes yesterday.
FJL - I appreciate the legal thinking. Been there myself. I think the problem I have with getting any recourse is that the terminte inspection doesn't cover what is hidden by wall covering.  The room in question was wall papered. There was water damage in there at some point and that was disclosed by the owner. When I ripped off the wall paper to see how far up the mold/mildew went (only a few inches) I discovered the tunnels and I believe it is termite damage. It's limited to an area about 1 foot square or so and the room is all cement except for the drywall, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't be that big a deal. I think I found where they came in. With a little sac-crete (concrete) and some nicer weather I can pretty much take care of it.    I was going to rip out that drywall anyway, so I'll have the pest control guy advise me, but I think that whatever needs to be done in the new house will be minimal.

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2006, 04:12:36 PM »

The old house has some repair work to be done, but that isn't a huge deal and treating it really is necessary

Oh, I do believe the previous owners had no idea that there were termites. You really couldn't see it without ripping off wall paper. I'm really glad I discovered it now. It's not a huge problem right now but could have grown into one if I hadn't discovered it.  There are no termites now, they are hybernating in the ground, so it's not so creepy to discover where they had been

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »

DR Matt - good audition vibes

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »

DR Elmore -
How unnerving and upsetting.  I had a break in at a house I was renting and that was not a fun experience. I can't imagine being questioned and fingerprinted.  That may sound funny coming from me and considering everyone I represent has been fingerprinted and questioned, but I still can't imagine it happening to me!

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »

DR Ginny -
Great photo, sounds like you had a great time

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »

DR Elmore -
How unnerving and upsetting.  I had a break in at a house I was renting and that was not a fun experience. I can't imagine being questioned and fingerprinted.  That may sound funny coming from me and considering everyone I represent has been fingerprinted and questioned, but I still can't imagine it happening to me!

Well, I was thinking of you and some of your clients today while the police were telling us funny stories about how dumb some of the petty thieves they apprehend can be.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

I sort of gave myself a day off today. It's cold and snowy/rainy/cloudy outside so I have been in all day. I roasted half a turkey. made mashed potatoes, stove top stuffing and had some wonderful strawberries.  Of course that's what I'll be eating for a couple days now, but it was good so I'm not complaining

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2006, 04:21:31 PM »

DR Ginny -
Great photo, sounds like you had a great time

Thanks, DR Cillaliz.  We did have a great day.  Richard went in his car to pick up Rob at UC and I drove Lauren in my car.  We didn't have any traffic problems with the parade, because we went early enough that the streets weren't yet closed and the parking lots still had spaces.  The tickets were right where Jose said they'd be and our seats were perfect, center of Orch Row K, with little kids in front of us - no sight obstructions.  After the show, Richard went on to his shape note singing and Rob, Lauren, and I went to the UC area for a bite to eat at Chipotle and a Rob-guided tour of the campus.  Lauren should be home by now and I'm ready to crash!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

Well, I was thinking of you and some of your clients today while the police were telling us funny stories about how dumb some of the petty thieves they apprehend can be.

That's why I have the sign my grandfather used to have on his wall, hanging in my office, it says

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble, if he kept his mouth shut"

They do dumb things, but say even dumber things.....

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »

That's why I have the sign my grandfather used to have on his wall, hanging in my office, it says

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble, if he kept his mouth shut"

They do dumb things, but say even dumber things.....

LOL - the sign I don't have the nerve to hang above the reference desk in the library says:

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2006, 04:25:22 PM »

LOL - the sign I don't have the nerve to hang above the reference desk in the library says:

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."

That's a good one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »

What I hate more than the stupid stories...which sometimes, amazingly enough, check out is when my clients tell the police the truth and then lie to me....HELLO>>>> When you call the police, sometimes they are on your side...when they call you and provide you with a chauffer driven ride to the police station...they are not on your side. What is so hard about that...  

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »

Hmmm, just realized I forgot to make cranberry sauce to go with my turkey...I do have some whole cranberries in the freezer, think I'll go make some sauce....laters

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2006, 04:30:58 PM »

The old house has some repair work to be done, but that isn't a huge deal and treating it really is necessary

Oh, I do believe the previous owners had no idea that there were termites. You really couldn't see it without ripping off wall paper. I'm really glad I discovered it now. It's not a huge problem right now but could have grown into one if I hadn't discovered it.  There are no termites now, they are hybernating in the ground, so it's not so creepy to discover where they had been

Good thing you did now compared to later....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »

Good audition vibes to DR MattH
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2006, 05:11:22 PM »

I am auditioning tonight for A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC. I have never auditioned for this director or music director before, and I haven't done a show at this particular theater since 1995, so there is some anxiety present. Keep fingers crossed for me please.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ~~~~~ AUDITION VIBES FOR MATT H. ~~~~~[/move]

“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »

Public TV is doing their semi-annual fund drive. They're showing a really nice John Denver bio.  I was a huge John Denver fan as a kid - he's the reason I started playing guitar

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »

I've been gone for over three hours and there's like what, ten posts?  Some hainsies/kimlets are asleep at the wheel here.

Back from the Lesbian Musical, about which more in tomorrow's notes.  I was sitting next to Lesbians (well, ninety percent of the full house were Lesbians) - the gal sitting next to me was very cute, and her girlfriend was kind of dumpy and not so attractive, but the cute one kept trying to hold her girlfriend's hand and be all lovey dovey, which I found fascinating.  I later was told that the girlfriend, the dumpy-looking one, was one Chastity Bono.  Go know.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2006, 06:25:25 PM »

Started watching a 1948 Akira Kurosawa movie on DVD called THE DRUNKEN ANGLE starring Toshiro Mifune...sort of a ganster film...but this DVD was a Chinese import...evidently the Japanese language was first translated into Chinese and then translated into English for the subtitles...and it would seem that a LOT was lost in translation! LOL! In fact the subtitles were making absolutely no sense most of the time.

It is obviously a very good film, but until a US or British release is done I think I will wait for another time to watch this movie.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »

Good Evening!

I ended up spending a lovely afternoon at the abode of DRs TPunk and Rodzinski, and DR Ben and his ever-lovin' Ant was also there.  We devoured TPunk's 7-Layer dip, and played a couple of rounds of "Five in Five" (?) - sort of a trivia/knowledge game from the mid-60s.  Some of the categories included Famous Structures, Names of Sailing Vessels, Countries in the Northern Hemisphere, and Past Statesmen/Politicians.  Quite a fun, and we all had our share of "stumped" moments.  We then followed that up with a round of "Initials".

All in all, it was a great way to spend the afternoon, and it was nice seeing everyone again.

*And at least my trip downtown was shorter than my trip uptown.  Due to the track construction this weekend, I had to transfer to a shuttle train for the last part of my trip uptown.  It took me 45 minutes to go 45 blocks.  I could have walked it in that time.  -Or driven my car.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2006, 06:47:54 PM »

DR elmore - Actually, I have to check-in tomorrow at Ripley-Grier, but then am free until 4:00.  I'll give you call and get the address for your office, or just e-mail it to me with a good time frame to show up.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »

Public TV is doing their semi-annual fund drive. They're showing a really nice John Denver bio.  I was a huge John Denver fan as a kid - he's the reason I started playing guitar

Didnt he die a few years ago??

Ben

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »

A very pleasant afternoon and evening was spent uptown with Rod/Punk and Jose. We played Facts in Five, that's the name Jose was trying to remember. It brought back memories of other game nights from many years ago.

It's getting to be bedtime for me so I'll sign off now.

Tomorrow I'll be back.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2006, 07:02:49 PM »

John Baer 1923 - 2006

Michael, I am sorry that you didn't have a chance to interview John Baer.  How very kind of his wife to notify you of his passing.  And what a small world we live in... Tonight I am planning on watching SUPERMAN VS THE MOLE PEOPLE (even though IMDB says that his role is uncredited)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2006, 07:04:47 PM »

Didn't someone (Danise maybe?) have a dream about John Denver the other night?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »

DR elmore - Actually, I have to check-in tomorrow at Ripley-Grier, but then am free until 4:00.  I'll give you call and get the address for your office, or just e-mail it to me with a good time frame to show up.

Just sent it.

THE SOPRANOS was great tonight!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »

I shall now be on my way to see a Lesbian Musical, after which, I shall return.

I, for one, will be most agape to learn just how many guitars made up the orchestra.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up