Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DROOPY EYES  (Read 59759 times)

MBarnum

Re:DROOPY EYES
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2006, 08:02:20 PM »

I am now watching that 1970s drive-in classic TERMINAL ISLAND starring Don (Land of the Giants) Marshall, Ena (Adam12) Hartman, Sean (The Corpse Grinders) Kenney, and one handsome looking pre-MagnumTom Selleck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »

I have officially lost Rodzinski to March Madness.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2006, 08:05:53 PM »

Curse the NCAA!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »

I look forward to reaquainting myself with him next month. ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »

We are here for you TPunk!

MBarnum

« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08:10 PM »

One of my favorite TV shows from my childhood...and one of the earliest shows I remember watching on TV...

...here is a JULIA page 7 dance

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:08:34 PM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2006, 08:08:26 PM »

I have that MAN OF LA MANCHA 2-LP set, and I actually prefer Keith Michell to Richard Kiley's Broadway version.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2006, 08:13:35 PM »

I have a SONG OF THE SOUTH VHS tape made from the Japanese laserdisc and that DVD imported from, where was it, Thailand or the Phillippines? In any event, the DVD looks better than the tape, but neither looks as good as an official Disney DVD would look.

There was talk last year that Disney was at long last going to release SONG OF THE SOUTH on an official DVD. I guess the new Disney head man has vetoed that proposal. They will be fresh out of vault classics by the time THE LITTLE MERMAID is released in a 2-DVD enhanced set in the fall. I know they can go back and start double dipping on them, but I think SONG OF THE SOUTH would be one of the biggest sellers of all time if they'd only show some sense.

François de Paris

« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2006, 08:14:21 PM »

In honor of the holiday, for dinner tonight, I had Corned Pork.  No, I am serious.  My friend made it from scratch using pork tenderloin.  It was wonderful, and it had far less fat than corned beef.

I guess it IS Jubilation T(CB) Corned Pork!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:17:23 PM by François »

Matt H.

« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2006, 08:17:37 PM »

I watched a couple more CSI episodes from the Season 2 set. These episodes from early in the show's life are "pure" CSI shows before the need to embellish, enhance, or super-slick up the proceedings took hold. I actually prefer them.

Too bad the first season was released full frame and unenhanced rather than the subsequent seasons which were done properly. CSI from the first was filmed in high definition, and I wish CBS would go back and do right by the first season.

Cillaliz

« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »

Hello all. Happy St Patty's day.  I went to a lovely dinner/fundraiser for Sustainable foods for Siouxland (I liked it better when it was just the local foods market). Anyway, fabulous food, great friends, Irish music, a sing-a-long and really a lot of fun.   They had a silent auction and I bought a big basket filled with fresn tomatoes and peppers.  I've given away a ton of them and still have about 30 tomatoes and 15 peppers. I'm planning to either make salsa or freeze them tomorrow.  I may roast some of the peppers first.  

Any suggestions? They are great organic hydroponic veges.

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2006, 08:19:31 PM »

IN JUSTICE did something a little bit different tonight to get the case going, but the resulting show was just as entertaining.

A sad note. I read on the internet today that Jason O'Mara has been cast in an ABC drama pilot for next season, so it looks like he's been released from any obligations to IN JUSTICE. I take this to mean the show is not being renewed for next season. I'm unhappy about that. I've really grown to love it.

Matt H.

« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2006, 08:21:54 PM »

CONVICTION continued with its mix of open ended office soap opera and close-ended cases (three of them tonight) for the young lawyers.

I don't watch GREY'S ANATOMY, but I would guess that show does the same kind of thing in a hospital rather than in a D.A.'s office.

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow this weekend. If you watch one channel it's 12 inches. If you watch another it's 4-6 through Monday AM and then snow all day Monday. So I'm hoping we get enough to get snowed in on Monday. The timing is pretty good. All the carpentry work was done on the new house and it looks great. The termite man did his thing at both houses, so all I have left to do is go to the grocery store and get settled in my house.    I may paint my home office, but not sure about that yet

Cillaliz

« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »

My realtor cracked me up today. He has a good prospect for the house he's taking through tomorrow, but he said he hates open houses and the open house is scheduled for a week from Sunday, so he said he'll just have to sell it before then so he doesn't have to do the open house.   OK, I can live with that.

Matt H.

« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »

And I'll watch tonight's season finale of MONK tomorrow at some point.

I also recorded from the Fox Movie Channel NO WAY OUT (the Sidney Poitier-Richard Widmark movie) that bk talked about the other day after seeing it on DVD. I've never seen the film before, and I thought I'd watch it for "free" before investing in the DVD if I happen to like it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: March 17, 2006, 08:28:28 PM »

Depending on the direction the train goes, the city's name can read:

Drofselyad!!

It sure does not sound Irish!

Welsh!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #287 on: March 17, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »

I went over today to check out the work that was done - and turn out the light the carpenter left on, and jiggle the handle on the toilet so it stopped running... It was really weird to drive up and see the for sale sign in the yard.  I really loved that house.  Hope someone buys it who will take care of it
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:29:20 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: March 17, 2006, 08:33:20 PM »

Happier times and better times vibes to DR DANISE

Tomovoz

« Reply #289 on: March 17, 2006, 08:34:08 PM »

I really loved that house.  Hope someone buys it who will take care of it
Guess it won't be Leonard Bernstein and Alan Jay Lerner.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #290 on: March 17, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

I have officially lost Rodzinski to March Madness.  

I feel your pain!!  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #291 on: March 17, 2006, 08:37:43 PM »

I look forward to reaquainting myself with him next month. ;)

TPunk, he owes you big time for your suffering...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #292 on: March 17, 2006, 08:40:39 PM »

We're supposed to get a bunch of snow this weekend. If you watch one channel it's 12 inches. If you watch another it's 4-6 through Monday AM and then snow all day Monday. So I'm hoping we get enough to get snowed in on Monday. The timing is pretty good. All the carpentry work was done on the new house and it looks great. The termite man did his thing at both houses, so all I have left to do is go to the grocery store and get settled in my house.    I may paint my home office, but not sure about that yet

It is that missed us... Tired of snow...Really beginning to hate winter...

Cillaliz

« Reply #293 on: March 17, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

I'm getting very sleepy. I'm signing off for now...

Matt H.

« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »

My eyes are also feeling very heavy. I think I'll head down for bed now.

Good evening, all!

François de Paris

« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »

Sorry for mentioning that but, for some reasons, I was thinking about Kristy McNichol and my favourite US series of the 70's, FAMILY, with Sada Thompson, Matthew's dad, James Broderick, Gary Frank, Meredith Baxter-Birney, John Rubinstein...
What a wonderful show that was!

Those of you who are nostalgic... this is for you!

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/F/htmlF/family/family.htm

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2006, 09:02:18 PM »

Sorry for mentioning that but, for some reasons, I was thinking about Kristy McNichol and my favourite US series of the 70's, FAMILY, with Sada Thompson, Matthew's dad, James Broderick, Gary Frank, Meredith Baxter-Birney, John Rubinstein...

I remember that show....

I liked Eight is Eough a bit more than Family.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #297 on: March 17, 2006, 09:04:03 PM »

Here's a trivia question for you, DR François:  what was Sada Thompson's pet name for daughter Kristy McNichol?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: March 17, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »

Other shows that I liked are The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie,  Three's company, Cheers, Frasier, Cosby Show,

I also liked a number of British shows: All Creatures Great and Small, Doctor Who, Are you Being Served?, Eastenders, Fresh Fields, French Fields, Allo Allo

François de Paris

« Reply #299 on: March 17, 2006, 09:51:25 PM »

Here's a trivia question for you, DR François:  what was Sada Thompson's pet name for daughter Kristy McNichol?

I don't think it was Buddy, was it?!

It's been so many years!
Sada Thompson was such a good "mother"!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up