Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNECTING THE DOTS  (Read 60474 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:CONNECTING THE DOTS
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

I’m busy browsing Labrador Retriever websites, specifically looking for English Chocolate Labs.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2006, 07:00:53 PM »

I’m busy browsing Labrador Retriever websites, specifically looking for English Chocolate Labs.  

They are pretty...

I want to someday get an Irish Terrier.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »

Of course you want an Irish dog-LOL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »

Here is a picture of what they look like....

I also like Australian blue heelers.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »

Not a lab person.... They are nice dogs though...

Bichons are game little dogs also. I also like Irish Wolfhounds but you need a very large pocket book and yard to own oneof them.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »

I'm not a dog person...I like cats.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2006, 07:13:37 PM »

But I work with a whole bunch of dog people...not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »

DakotaCelt, I can see why you love the Irish Terrier...beautiful!

Jane, welcome home...are you and Keith thinking about getting another dog??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2006, 07:14:31 PM »

I'm not a dog person...I like cats.

I dont mind cats....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2006, 07:25:32 PM »

Here is another breed that I like, Parson Jack Russell....

I also like westies, scotties, German Shepherds, some of the spaniels, hounds, and non sporting breeds....

I do like Chihauhuas.

Jane

« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2006, 07:27:48 PM »

DakotaCelt I can’t see the photo, maybe tomorrow since I must leave now.  I also like blue heelers.

MBarnum thanks, and we are discussing getting a dog.

'night

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2006, 07:48:05 PM »

Whew! Just caught up to today....I willa tempt the past three days but may not get there ... alto I have missed out the notes... must read the notes

I, WILLA TEMPT--that's the title of my next hardboiled detective novel.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

Hi, DR Jane!  Welcome back from your southern journey.

Oh, she's not even here...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:49:39 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2006, 07:53:46 PM »

Finishing a DVD.  Just ran the lines by myself and basically got through it with but one mistake.  I think if I keep drilling every day, I'll be okay by Friday.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »

It was very interesting watching SWEETHEARTS on TCM tonight.  I had never seen it before.  Not only was it Jennette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy's first color movie, it was the first MGM Technicolor film.  And, boy, does it ever show.  The makeup people had a lot to learn.

Also, funny to see the humongo set from THE GREAT ZIEGFELD reused.  Makes me wonder--has there ever been an instance of a Broadway show recycling sets from another show?
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »

I found out that Digger's favorite TV show is LAW AND ORDER. Mark told me to be sure to watch it with him...Digger sings along with the theme music! He really does! As soon as the music started for that show his ears pricked up and he looked at the TV screen...then as the theme goes on for a bit he starts howling to the music! LOL!

Michael

« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »

Tonight I had the rare distinction of seeing a wonderful composer and singer perform in a two hour concert (with intermission). Her name is Amanda McBroom. To Hainsies and Kimlets  our esteemed BK produced the cast album of her musical HERATBEATS. In all my years of cabaret concert going she is one of the best. A beautiful singer who gets to emotions of the lyrics. Her autobiographical song Errol Flynn which closed the first act had people around me in tears. Although I have heard other singers and Miss McBroom sing the song on recordings there is something special about seeing her singing this song live as was the song that closed the show, The Rose. It was a super show from start to finish and mere words cannot express the admiration I have for Amanda McBroom. I got to meet her after the show and she was so gracious and signed my cd booklets. (I forgot to bring Heartsbeats. I will do that when I see here again)

BTW
BK, Amanda says hello.

You should talk to here about your cabaret series. She'd be perfect.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2006, 08:11:41 PM »

I found out that Digger's favorite TV show is LAW AND ORDER. Mark told me to be sure to watch it with him...Digger sings along with the theme music! He really does! As soon as the music started for that show his ears pricked up and he looked at the TV screen...then as the theme goes on for a bit he starts howling to the music! LOL!

Is Digger your new bf?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2006, 08:13:40 PM »

Hoo and Ray!!  We're up to 6 inches of snow and still snowing hard. The schools in town are already 2 hours late, so our office will open 2 hours late.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns into a snow day.  

There are places not too far from here that got 26 inches of snow..YIKES! that's too much

Michael

« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »

It was very interesting watching SWEETHEARTS on TCM tonight.  I had never seen it before.  Not only was it Jennette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy's first color movie, it was the first MGM Technicolor film.  And, boy, does it ever show.  The makeup people had a lot to learn.

Also, funny to see the humongo set from THE GREAT ZIEGFELD reused.  Makes me wonder--has there ever been an instance of a Broadway show recycling sets from another show?

When Annie 2: Miss Hanigan's Revenge bombed in Washington DC I believe some of the sets were reused for the tour of Annie 1 that was sent out shortly after Annie 2's collaspe
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2006, 08:14:38 PM »

DR Ron, I guess I'm just not expressing myself well at all today.

The commercial DVD of MAKING LOVE is widescreen and enhanced for 16:9 TVs. This is what I have watched for the past two days.

Because I never dreamed Fox would ever issue this movie on a commercial DVD (they've always seemed kind of ashamed of it, I thought), I burned a DVD of the full frame Fox Movie Channel broadcast of this movie six months ago for my own DVD library, but I have since junked that DVD because of this new, much superior commercial release.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2006, 08:16:25 PM »

Good Evening!

While walking to the subway, I noticed a crowd standing outside of the Ziegfeld Theatre.  Apparently, it was the New York premiere of the new Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster movie, "Inside Man".  The had the Red Carpet rolled out and everything.  And then I noticed another crowd and a bunch of lighting rigs set up across the street, but the lights were shining on the building there, and not on the Ziegfeld.  It turned out that the new George Clooney movie was filming inside.  *And from some signs posted on the streets, they'll be filming around Central Park South tomorrow.

And then as luck would have it, I ran into my friend, James.  He works for a photo agency, and was checking in on some of his photographers.  And since we both were in need of some dinner, we headed over to China Regency.  Chicken Dumplings and Sesame Beef - Yum!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »

I forgot that I had LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT on the DVR, so I'll have to catch up with it tomorrow.

Instead, I started my evening's viewing with another ANGEL episode from Season 3. I have one more episode on disc 1 to watch which will undoubtedly be tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER fell back into irritating territory for me. All this back and forth with Robin is kind of anticlimactic since we found out in the pilot episode that she's his kids' "Aunt Robin."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2006, 08:20:20 PM »

Tonight I had the rare distinction of seeing a wonderful composer and singer perform in a two hour concert (with intermission). Her name is Amanda McBroom. To Hainsies and Kimlets  our esteemed BK produced the cast album of her musical HERATBEATS. In all my years of cabaret concert going she is one of the best. A beautiful singer who gets to emotions of the lyrics. Her autobiographical song Errol Flynn which closed the first act had people around me in tears. Although I have heard other singers and Miss McBroom sing the song on recordings there is something special about seeing her singing this song live as was the song that closed the show, The Rose. It was a super show from start to finish and mere words cannot express the admiration I have for Amanda McBroom. I got to meet her after the show and she was so gracious and signed my cd booklets. (I forgot to bring Heartsbeats. I will do that when I see here again)

BTW
BK, Amanda says hello.

You should talk to here about your cabaret series. She'd be perfect.

Ms. McBroom really is a wonderful woman.  I had the honor and pleasure of working with her last summer on one of her "new" shows, Dangerous Beauty.  She was writing the lyrics to Michelle Brourman's music.  Since then, she's kept in touch with me regularly through e-mails and such.  Truly a gracious Lady.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:52 PM »

'24' had a less intense episode tonight, but that's OK after the nail-biters of the past three weeks. There was plenty of suspense, of course, but not quite as much edge-of-your-seat tension. I'm not complaining. Excellent episode and a terrific cliffhanger in the final seconds.

Matt H.

« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »

CSI: MIAMI was as entertaining as usual with a fast, colorful hour of robbery and murder. Seeds for future episodes planted tonight, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

Sorry you and Vixter have been under the weather, DR Vixmom. Feel better.

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2006, 08:24:58 PM »

Feel better vibes to Vixmom and the Vixter

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2006, 08:25:28 PM »

~~~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES TO DR VIXMOM AND THE VIXTER~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up